Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal vacuum on warframes.

bronzebonobo

59 minutes ago, VinDanger said:

that's not even remotely close to how it would be

no, it should just be innate with a toggle in the options menu. a basic quality of life feature should not be a big decision you have to make

in a game where you need to collect resources to build things; yes you do.

exactly, so why not just give us universal vacuum? we should be focusing on the core gameplay, not running over every single pickup

it is though, see: every universal vacuum thread ever

a quality of life feature doesn't need to be balanced

nice pointless comparison that has nothing to do with anything. we want to play the game, not run over pickups every mission, that has nothing to do with camping or overpowered weapons or the press 4 to win meme that hasn't existed since they nerfed ash's 4

my god you people are impossible, please explain to me how universal vacuum is harmful to you if it could be toggled in the options menu?

trying to reason with these people is almost impossible

Well it seems I have to rethink my argument now that I've stewed on it for 12 hours

9 hours ago, VinDanger said:

nice pointless comparison that has nothing to do with anything. we want to play the game, not run over pickups every mission, that has nothing to do with camping or overpowered weapons or the press 4 to win meme that hasn't existed since they nerfed ash's 4

9 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

No, people asked for universal vacuum, not vacuum for other sentinels.

The vast majority of players use vacuum because of convenience. You act like vacuum would just autokill all enemies for you. Maybe come up with an argument?

Yeah I admit I wrote that hastily; calling you a bunch of P4TW fans was a bad idea. But I SORT OF agree with myself that I find you lazy to some degree; complaining that you have to walk ten extra feet is... there's really no way to sugarcoat it, I find you rather spoiled. Well, slightly spoiled.

At the same time, I also see your argument that it's rather mind-numbing after a point. And opening up a bunch of lockers Borderlands-style really isn't fun, even coming from me, so that might need to go somehow

9 hours ago, bronzebonobo said:

it is not being lazy, and yes you did, you started talking about mirage and simulor, i actually play alot of nekros and nezha as of late, and the shocker is i move around quite a bit with both, and no there would still be a range on the warframe vacuum where you would still have to play dyson simulator, so you would still have to move and pick up loot

Not what I had intended. In retrospect yes, Synoid Mirage was a balance issue, but it was also a laziness issue, and I failed to account for both. I was thinking of the laziness one. This is again me saying I shouldn't have said that; see above for what I was trying to say, and see below for my final thoughts on "universal vacuum"

9 hours ago, Potato said:

Is your argument to remove vacuum itself or to simply not make it universal? It would literally be the same thing as using a sentinel, except just using a kubrow/kavat instead.

When I wrote that I didn't have an argument

What I'm thinking now is, I want the devs to test this:

1) Remove Vacuum ENTIRELY, and 2) make all normal foundry resources (circuits, ferrite, etc.) and mods just given to you at the end of the mission. You can't use vacuum on energy/health orbs, to keep that speedy looting ninja vibe, but you don't need to run around mind-numbingly hoovering up junk either, and that rare mod you've been begging for can't fall down a pit and get stuck out of reach either

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Well it seems I have to rethink my argument now that I've stewed on it for 12 hours

Yeah I admit I wrote that hastily; calling you a bunch of P4TW fans was a bad idea. But I SORT OF agree with myself that I find you lazy to some degree; complaining that you have to walk ten extra feet is... there's really no way to sugarcoat it, I find you rather spoiled. Well, slightly spoiled.

At the same time, I also see your argument that it's rather mind-numbing after a point. And opening up a bunch of lockers Borderlands-style really isn't fun, even coming from me, so that might need to go somehow

Not what I had intended. In retrospect yes, Synoid Mirage was a balance issue, but it was also a laziness issue, and I failed to account for both. I was thinking of the laziness one. This is again me saying I shouldn't have said that; see above for what I was trying to say, and see below for my final thoughts on "universal vacuum"

1) Remove Vacuum ENTIRELY, and 2) make all normal foundry resources (circuits, ferrite, etc.) and mods just given to you at the end of the mission. You can't use vacuum on energy/health orbs, to keep that speedy looting ninja vibe, but you don't need to run around mind-numbingly hoovering up junk either, and that rare mod you've been begging for can't fall down a pit and get stuck out of reach either

interesting compromise on the last part, i like this idea alot, but how would nekros work? i guess it would double the loot once you desecrate bodies and just give it all to you after it's done, the energy and health part could have just a really tiny aoe like 1-2 meters just so you can pick up health when you are playing nekros

Someone just has to tell DE that vacuum isn't just an optional QoL goody, but an essential mechanic of warframe. Then they'll see that their argument "We don't want everything to be the same is completely off the point, as vacuum does neither equal everything, nor should it be treated as something optional.

Vacuum is now on all warframes. 
No Band-aid exilus mods
No Band-aid Sentinel/Companions mods

For the 5% of the community who doesn't want vacuum, put an option to turn it on and off in the options menu.

It's not hard.
This change needs to happen otherwise Kubrows/Kavats will continue to be outshined.

Carrier/Helios/Taxon will still have their respective uses, Kubrows still need help, Kavats are fine but their buffs aren't needed in the grand scheme of things to justify not having vacuum. (No the Crit buffs aren't needed, you can do plenty of damage already without it, Insert clip of Atterax/Mesa's 4)

12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The biggest problem to collect for me is neither resources, nor energy, it's ammo. I happen to love the Kohm and happen to have a fire rate Riven for it, but it's pretty impossible to use it without vacuum. Even with vacuum, Helios and a Rank 10 Primed Ammo Mutation I still need to shoot carefully. I don't think I'm being lazy if I don't want to and don't have time to run over every single ammo drop individually just to keep my weapon fed, which likely will not even work out.

This is also the problem I have with your suggestion to remove vacuum entirely. It would make it impossible for me to use my favourite weapon, needless to say that DE would likely not remove it due to the S#&$storm it would raise.

Still requiring some basic action to get loot would also still encourage teams to stick together more and make it harder to leech those resources AFK style.

On one hand, I can see the convenience of it.

On the other hand, I also play many other video games, and I realize these sorts of convenience items take a while to get.

So, why not have this universal vacuum as some sort of equipment? Give Simaris a vacuum equipment that he can sell to you, but it takes charges to use per mission. But also lets have it like his codex scanner, where it costs some standing to get infinite uses. That way, people can still opt into vacuum, but still keep vacuum for sentinels so people won't have to grind for Simaris if they don't want to. This also gives a goal for newer players to aim towards and makes it so that vacuum isn't just given out for free, but it has to be earned.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

I commend you for dropping the ridiculous comparison from earlier and being honest about doing it.

That said, you're missing the point entirely. It has NOTHING to do with laziness. Not having vacuum completely BREAKS the flow of the game. Warframe is a very fast paced game where you can bullet jump and wall latch and aim glide and do all sorts of crazy ninja S#&$. So it has this amazing parkour system but the irony is if you don't have vacuum you're actively getting punished for it because instead you're stuck on the ground gathering basic supplies that you absolutely need and ***this is simply not fun and game-breaking.***

Edited by WanderingZensunni

54 minutes ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

On one hand, I can see the convenience of it.

On the other hand, I also play many other video games, and I realize these sorts of convenience items take a while to get.

So, why not have this universal vacuum as some sort of equipment? Give Simaris a vacuum equipment that he can sell to you, but it takes charges to use per mission. But also lets have it like his codex scanner, where it costs some standing to get infinite uses. That way, people can still opt into vacuum, but still keep vacuum for sentinels so people won't have to grind for Simaris if they don't want to. This also gives a goal for newer players to aim towards and makes it so that vacuum isn't just given out for free, but it has to be earned.

No. F*** that. No one wants to grind Simaris rep every day for a basic quality of life feature that we should have from the beginning. At that point I would just quit and I suspect so would most people.

EDIT: I'm still sleepy and apparently I forgot how to read correctly. My bad entirely. I still think it shouldn't be so damn complicated but what you propose is completely fair.

Edited by WanderingZensunni

6 hours ago, WanderingZensunni said:

That said, you're missing the point entirely. It has NOTHING to do with laziness. Not having vacuum completely BREAKS the flow of the game. Warframe is a very fast paced game where you can bullet jump and wall latch and aim glide and do all sorts of crazy ninja S#&$. So it has this amazing parkour system but the irony is if you don't have vacuum you're actively getting punished for it because instead you're stuck on the ground gathering basic supplies that you absolutely need and ***this is simply not fun and game-breaking.***

As someone who doesn't use Vacuum, I find that the flow is barely changed at all. But then I already did acknowledge I can't speak for everyone