Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any updates to solar rails re-release?

(XBOX)Aeries Vendetta

• 2 weeks later...

There are alliances still around waiting for rails. So lets say they dont bring rails back and oh 5000 people stop playing. 

If each person spends $20 a month on platinum they would stand to lose 100, 000 a month just because they didn't bring back a game mode. Thats 1.2 million if you go by those numbers a year.  Either way they will lose money....bad business if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

There are alliances still around waiting for rails. So lets say they dont bring rails back and oh 5000 people stop playing. 

If each person spends $20 a month on platinum they would stand to lose 100, 000 a month just because they didn't bring back a game mode. Thats 1.2 million if you go by those numbers a year.  Either way they will lose money....bad business if you ask me. 

At the same time eidolon will draw players in. Even rolling the conflicts into it somehow, i wouldn't mind that

Unfortunately the clan alliance and dojo parts of the game are still being ignored. The clan rank system and everything in that update for dojos is literally worthless. It was an endo gift, big whoop. The rails are still not a concern to DE. The alliances have no reason to stay organized or communicate so theres alot less activity. As far as eidolons, id compare it to trials n the arcanes. Yes ppl will keep playing them but a small percent, the rewards will most likely just be another instance of highly randomized rewards from one source, on a rotatating timetable (instead of once a rl day, its once an in game night) and i doubt those rewards will be any less of a grind to get something useful than it is to grind a full arcane set of any one type u want.

I want DE to realize that alot of ppl are here because of their clans, alliances n friends. We arent here because DE can show off one thing a year that takes them 3 years to actually do. Example of them showing off something huge n not being done yet? when we were sentients shown off? Have we had that epic, purely sentient vs tenno battle yet? No. We're just now getting concept art of sentient stages n ships. Have we had an actual sentient boss yet? No.

We want the things we did together for hours at a time like rails and endless matches that dont all feel the same. Can open world act as one of these things? Sure. Will it make up for something like rails that could draw in most of the community n caused clans n alliance to communicate n organize? No. In fact, the eidolons themselves seem to be titan scale enemies forged of sentient energy, scraps n surrounding debris. Thus, the eidolons are still just a step towards getting what was shown off two years ago.

As much as it sounds like me purely complaining, i have a point. That point being, it takes DE forever to refine and add to content to make it whole. We as a community are fine with that. BUT, dont remove things we enjoy playing in order to replace it with something that will take multiple years for u to develop into something as enjoyable. Especially when they can co exist. Rant over.

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

You want to know the sad truth.  I now a ton of player that quit playing the game because nothing was said about solar rails at tennocon.  They honestly could care less about the plains because theres other games that do open world already.  An this is supposed to be the year that DE did stuff for clans.  Like you said, nothing in this game brought people together like solar rails did and unforcunatly nothing will until they return.  Just so agrivating to see such a unqiue game type just dissapper.  Espically when the issues could have been patched and those that were exploting the system temp banned atleast as a warning.

It's kinda funny. People leave the game for all sorts of reasons. Maybe they didn't like the Mag Rework, or the relic system, or they don't like the community, or maybe they don't like the movement. All sorts of reasons. People who love Rails are still here. The only reason many of still play Warframe, if to prepare for Solar Rail Conflicts. Maybe DE should stop catering to the players who'll leave over minor stuff, and should start catering to players who have stuck with the game for two and a half years waiting for a chance to play Solar Rails. Just saying.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

It's kinda funny. People leave the game for all sorts of reasons. Maybe they didn't like the Mag Rework, or the relic system, or they don't like the community, or maybe they don't like the movement. All sorts of reasons. People who love Rails are still here. The only reason many of still play Warframe, if to prepare for Solar Rail Conflicts. Maybe DE should stop catering to the players who'll leave over minor stuff, and should start catering to players who have stuck with the game for two and a half years waiting for a chance to play Solar Rails. Just saying.

Unfortunately for all solar rail ppl, i think this remaster update with only 21 gbs is going to be deleting every left over trace of rails...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not only is it a careless waste of resources that were already constructed to be used, and then neglected, it is an extremely disresectful slap in the face to anyone who put an extordinary amount of time and money into their game soley for that unique idea (Solar Rails) that they ripped away from us after we had already invested enough to justify "not being able to turn back", so to speak. A large number of our clans, clan leaders, and even just regular clan members have been waiting for Rails to either return, or simply be notified that they never will so they can finally drop this grind wall of a game that has very little else to offer it's end-game players aside from "rinse and repeat" style of missions that destroy interest once there is nothing left. 

If they remove Rails and all traces of it, they had better be prepared to reimburse the people who have put countless resources, including platinum, into the construction of the rails and research revolving around it... beacuse if not, I will be sure to protest for my reimbursement and make sure to publically let everyone else who ever participated in the Solar Rail game to do the same. Hell, just out of spite, I would probably go tell every person I know from back in the day that quit cuz of the lack of Rails to go do the same as well... and not for the sake of the resources cuz they will mean literally next to nothin in a game they will never play again, but simply to prove a point of how many people/potential customers they have lost and are missing out on because of their seemingly "SJW" approach to making sure everyone has their non-competitive safe space to feel good in lol. We should all get "participation" ribbons for the "virtual neglect" to our community and even continuing to endure the grind wall they have turned the game into until this point.

Edited by (XB1)Xodus03

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been two and a half years since the removal of Solar Rails from Xbox One. 

The assets for it are already in the game. There should be no reason for it to take this long other than DE really has no intention to bring them back. I mean, cmon. Balance issues don't take two years.

It doesn't take two years to implement a tax cap(or even a removal of taxes altogether).

Was it connection issues ? Why is it that every relay has a 24/7 dedicated server with multiple instances but DE can't handle a temporary 12hour (If it even lasts 12 hours) server for a rail battle?

Was it balance? The conclave team at DE is doing a fine job of balancing Conclave on player feedback. There were much less frames and weapons during the time of Rails so balance should have been significantly easier. It also doesn't take two years to balance those items to begin with.

So what is the real reason for DE taking so long to bring Rails back?

As a "newer person" that never got a chance to experience  solar rails, I would love to have that experience. when I started playing this game I didn't play conclave or know anything about rails. Now the ONLY  reason I still have this game downloaded is to try to help newer people learn how to play conclave, and wait for the opportunity to hopefully  play solar rails. And as a person who has talked to these solar rail vets on daily basis.they feel ignored and disrespected, and they are quitting the game. The guys that loved the game and the people brought the new guys like me to the game are uninstalling it. I really do think this game great, but I also think the these vets should be heard and responded to. 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Dr Ten Tickles said:

The guys that loved the game and the people brought the new guys like me to the game are uninstalling it. I really do think this game great, but I also think the these vets should be heard and responded to. 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Dr Ten Tickles said:

A simple solution to this is ask the vets who, like cfe discord said,"have endured for 2 and 1/2 years.",   advice on what to do for rails. They know the game and have been loyal for a long time, they could give ideas  that would be great for rails.

YES YES YES!!! 

Good to see you CFE Discord!!! Still fighting the good fight!

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117
Saying Hello to a True Dark Sector Player

8 hours ago, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

YES YES YES!!! 

Good to see you CFE Discord!!! Still fighting the good fight!

Yeah, man. I got inspired by your post in a Rail thread a few months ago. I went to TennoCon and asked DE Steve about Rails. The people at the table said they'd be back sometime around the multi-crew ship update. I want to make sure they are done right so I'm drafting up this big ol word file addressing and constructively remedying the criticisms of the previous iterations of Solar Rail Conflicts. I'm attempting to make it friendly to people who complained about taxes while also  rewarding the alliances that fought for the Rail. There's also a section that addresses the P2P matchmaking. I'm eager to get some feedback on it when I do eventually post it.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:05 PM, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

Yeah, man. I got inspired by your post in a Rail thread a few months ago. I went to TennoCon and asked DE Steve about Rails. The people at the table said they'd be back sometime around the multi-crew ship update. I want to make sure they are done right so I'm drafting up this big ol word file addressing and constructively remedying the criticisms of the previous iterations of Solar Rail Conflicts. I'm attempting to make it friendly to people who complained about taxes while also  rewarding the alliances that fought for the Rail. There's also a section that addresses the P2P matchmaking. I'm eager to get some feedback on it when I do eventually post it.

Even though our clans may not see eye to eye on some things.  Solar rails is one thing we all do have in common and agree needs to return to save this game on xbox atleast.  As I sure Im not alone.  Those of us that have been around a long time.  Have seen that the xbox platform atleast is slowing dying out and need some excitement.  If you dont mind Discord, pm me on here when you put up you post.  Im sure itll be a good read with some very well rounded ideas.