Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time for the derelict to have matchmaking

AdunSaveMe

Let's be honest, is there really any reason for it not to? Keys are meaningless at this point; they cost nothing, they're easy to stockpile. They essentially have no purpose since you always have them. Not having matchmaking on the derelict means it can't have fissures, and you can't just run missions and have other people join. What reason is there to keep this?

The derelict is not difficult enough to warrant not having matchmaking for every mission. It really just makes people not play it much. The obvious response is "just get a group together". But what would you say if the entire star chart was that unwieldy? What is it about the derelict that requires you to either go solo or hunt down other players? As far as I can tell, there's absolutely nothing to justify it.

Void keys had a purpose. They were their own tiers of mission with each key. Derelict keys have no purpose. Once upon a time they might have been a thematically cool idea, but there is genuinely no point to them now. The derelict isn't more exciting or interesting because of this limitation; it's emptier and largely ignored, and passed up in favour of other options because of this limitation. 

If people want to make proper squads, that's still their choice. If they want to play with people without trying to do that, they should have that option.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

11 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

...The derelict isn't more exciting or interesting because of this limitation; it's emptier and largely ignored, and passed up in favour of other options because of this limitation. 

its....Derelict?

1. 1:  abandoned especially by the owner or occupant derelict warehouses; also :  run-downa derelict neighborhood

2. 2:  lacking a sense of duty :  negligent derelict in his duty derelict landlords

I agree with OP however - people will still recruit for vault runs but thats pretty much just the capture mission anyway, and i guess for Lephantis if they are new and cant solo him.  but other than for vault runs I'd love to be able to squad up with random matchmaking.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

its....Derelict?

That's not the point and you know it. Derelict refers to it being a run down ship, not being devoid of players.

Vault runs will still work. You can take keys just in case, or make your own squad like you do now. Nobody loses.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

13 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

That's not the point and you know it. Derelict refers to it being a run down ship, not being devoid of players.

Vault runs will still work. You can take keys just in case, or make your own squad like you do now. Nobody loses.

Yes I know - and if you read my post you'd realize I was fully agreeing with you.  The definition of Derelict is somewhat amusing however -particularly the "abandoned by owner" which sometimes feels like so much of WF - introduce something new, that maybe has potential, but then forget about it, get distracted by something newer and never revisit it.  No follow up just distra...oh look - a chicken...

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

Keys should be kept, but just as gating mechanism to access the Derelict. If Derelict keys were handled like relics, you could still matchmake with players. Granted, the system would have to be modified to either require derelict keys from every person in the squad regardless of whether or not they're starting the mission together, or change the matchmaking system to allow randoms to join missions already started started by players. Either option doesn't impact players too much, as the crafting cost for keys is negligible.

9 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Keys should be kept, but just as gating mechanism to access the Derelict. 

But why?

Only the newest of new players will be affected by keys. They're so cheap and pointless that there's no reason to keep them.