Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marking Mods in Mission - How?

(PSN)drpunk-yo

Question

Your busy slaughtering the hordes when suddenly a Drifting Contact shows up on your HUD.

Someone was kind enough to mark it for everyone.

But how? (please note that I do know that pressing... erm... a direction (right on d-pad???? maybe????) marks stuff for others)

My vacuum's hoovered up anything long before I've had time to mark it for anyone else. OK, so maybe they've not got a vacuum on. But even then, I've no idea what a mod is until I pick it up. I didn't see 100s of Redirections pop up on my HUD while the person marking stuff checks what the mod is before deciding it's not worth marking and clearing it.

I'm a drop a numbered marker and post in chat why it's there kinda guy. But I wanna be next level.

How are these people doing it? I wanna know cos it's an amazing help and I'd like to help others if I can.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

8 answers to this question

Yeah, you need to aim your waypoint marker at the exact location and waypoint the mod itself.

So rather than showing waypoint 1, 2, 3, etc...the waypoint will provide the name of the mod instead.

If you've already picked the mod up, you'll see a glitter animation if everyone else hasn't picked it up yet.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

When you pick up a mod, you'll see a thin line above where you picked up the mod. If you press up on the D pad, you'll place a waypoint on that mod and your waypoint will display the mod name. You and your teammates will be able to see that waypoint. It will stay there until all your teammates have picked the mod up or the waypoint expires in a few minutes.

for rare mods you'll see a golden vertical line where the mod is, so you just have to click on it, like with rare resources which have the green line and the oberon/ash/others parts that glows in purple, for uncommon and common it's more hard (but why would you mark an uncommon mod)

If there's a thing and not everyone has picked it up, the thing will be invisible to you but still there.  You can see the particle effect around it.

Mods, resources, ammo, endo, void traces (disappear on you rend completely once you reach 10 but prior to that you can still see ones you've collected), they all have a particle you can see. (only things like mods resources and endo have a unique waypoint mark).  Not sure why Ayatan sculptures have no waypoint mark.

I haven't tried it on syndicate medallions after picking them up, not sure there, but they do have a sticky waypoint before you pick them up, at least.

Edited by Callback