Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be honest, Amprex or Synapse?

Jaclearsup

"If you get a riven fo.." 

No. Stop. Shut up.

That is useless information since you can say that for any weapon in the game. I bet with the right riven you can even make the single furax end-game viable. 

This was NOT what op asked for.

Op asked, which is better. Amprex or Synapse. Any answer should assume either no riven or both having a riven. So no actual need to even go there.. Bunch of kuva junkies..

As to a real answer: as always, it depends. The short is use synapse for single targets, a bit like quake's lightning gun. Only bring Amprex when you're about to take on mobs.

The trick with Amprex is the way it's arcs work. When modded well they'll split into multiple new arcs which will cause a sea of electricity decimating any group of targets, the more the merrier. But when there's no real groups to use to your advantage, say in a bossfight, the damage is too low considering the ammo it eats. Multishot, range and punch through are key here. Forget about fire rate and shoot with short bursts.

The synapse OTOH is a beast when taking on single targets from mid to short range. Slap as much fire rate as you can on this baby and land those headshots, leave a path of crisps in your wake..

I'm personally a big fan of the amprex especially when fighting infested (anywhere) or corpus on surv/inv/exc/def missions. As long as there's real mobs coming my way.

Grineer generally aren't all that impressed on higher levels. And though it's great fun to see them do the robot for 0.nn secs, it's frustrating to see them pick up where they left off with some minor scratches. Especially since that probably was all your ammo spend...