Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Vandal vs Telos Boltor vs Boltor Prime

elitetrollz

Question

15 answers to this question

telos has lower base damage and rof but compensates it with synd augument (gas dmg in 25m range + 25% health restore) and higher ammo pool. I know many still prefer telos boltor over prime but I like boltor prime more also because of it's looks. 

Really depends on your play style. in terms of raw damage the Boltor prime wins. Also a faster flight speed, fire rate and higher accuracy.

Synergy and utility go to the Telos for the Sustained fire, heal and gas proc. (Synergies well with saryn)

If the Telos is readily available to you, I suggest picking up until you save up for the prime.

44 minutes ago, elitetrollz said:

So. Im currently using Supra Vandal which I like it but sometimes the spool up time is annoying. I also like Boltors but i am confused which should I invest on. Anyone have a good explanation which is better?

What spool time? Why aren't you using Vile Acceleration on it? xD

Personally, I prefer the Telos over the prime, simply because of the proc.  The "Truth" proc does 1000 gas damage in a 25m radius and restores 25% health.  The Gas damage also causes an ongoing Toxin DoT.  It's pretty effective all the way into mid level.  At higher levels the raw damage of the prime starts to get the edge though (not a huge edge, but it's there).

The good thing about the Supra is it can be built as a semi-status weapon.  46.4% status chance, an insane fire rate (23.75), and a huge magazine (300) make it really good at procing status.

These are the builds I use (both of these builds are vs. Grineer...switch out elements depending on faction):

*I maxed the Boltor Prime but didn't keep it because I felt the Telos was more versatile and useful.

edit: Don't pay too much attention to the Supra's lower "burst" and "sustained" dps numbers.  Status is tough to represent in numbers.  The Supra actually performs better than the Boltor vs Grineer in high levels because of the armor stripping.

General rule: Raw damage is better at low-mid levels.  Status is better at high levels due to armor scaling.

Edited by Tizodd

1 hour ago, Tizodd said:

Personally, I prefer the Telos over the prime, simply because of the proc.  The "Truth" proc does 1000 gas damage in a 25m radius and restores 25% health.  The Gas damage also causes an ongoing Toxin DoT.  It's pretty effective all the way into mid level.  At higher levels the raw damage of the prime starts to get the edge though (not a huge edge, but it's there).

The good thing about the Supra is it can be built as a semi-status weapon.  46.4% status chance, an insane fire rate (23.75), and a huge magazine (300) make it really good at procing status.

These are the builds I use (both of these builds are vs. Grineer...switch out elements depending on faction):

*I maxed the Boltor Prime but didn't keep it because I felt the Telos was more versatile and useful.

edit: Don't pay too much attention to the Supra's lower "burst" and "sustained" dps numbers.  Status is tough to represent in numbers.  The Supra actually performs better than the Boltor vs Grineer in high levels because of the armor stripping.

General rule: Raw damage is better at low-mid levels.  Status is better at high levels due to armor scaling.

can be the vile replaces with shred?

42 minutes ago, elitetrollz said:

Vile Acceleration nearly doubles damage output.  I know the -damage looks bad, but the increased fire rate more than makes up for it.  Shred is a good option too because of the punch through...you'd be missing a lot of up-front damage, but if enemies are lined up, Shred will be more effective that Vile Acc.

Personally, I prefer Vile Acc.  But there are definitely times when I wish I had some punch-through.

Supra vandal.Its insane with a decent or good riven.the one I have does 2400 sheet raw dmg per bullet and gives pretty much unlimited energy to caster frames ((can keep world on fire always on my ember,while still regenerating to be able to cast other abilities while wof is up )) to me is a no brainer.i find it kills quicker than the telos and matches soma prime..sure maybe a soma prime can kill 5% faster? but soma prime dosent give me unlimited energy,which becomes more damage directly or indirectly through the use of abilities.The supra vandal has become the goto rifle for energy heavy frames

Edited by LinaCrysta

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Not telos boltor, but invest in both so you have some choices. Boltor prime is just better than telos in pretty much every way, and supra vandal seems pretty fun but I haven't had enough play time with it it yet.

Pretty much this. Boltor Prime is going to out damage the other two. However, just because Boltor Prime's numbers are better doesn't mean you shouldn't have fun! Play with the weapons you enjoy. 

I used the original Supra a good amount for fun and the Supra Vandal is just better, mostly because of it's accuracy and mag size.

Unlike the normal Supra, Vandal's accuracy allows Heavy Cal to give just enough bullet deviation to function very well with Punch-through. Together these effects works nicely to compensate for it's low head-shot rate by simply hitting multiple targets per shot instead. Shred eliminates any spooling and the mag size lets you fill a hallway with lasers.

Spoiler

Supra Vandal Vs. Grineer

k6rtf2B.jpg

Supra Vandal Vs Infested

5gbWNDH.jpg

Supra Vandal Corpus

XXYktGV.jpg

The first build sports 23k Sustained DPS with 42% status, the second and third builds have 36k Sustained DPS.

The Supra series is already better than the Boltor series for dealing with unarmored targets and about the same against armored Vs. Boltor Prime but the fact it has Strong Riven disposition while Boltor has Faint will put it far beyond in the long run. Personally I wouldn't bother with Telos, It's accuracy is worse than Supra Vandal and it has very low status and damage. Accuracy is probably the only thing Boltor Prime has going for it at 50 making head-shots viable though tricky until you get used to the projectiles.

15 hours ago, elitetrollz said:

waste of slot .-.

So.... nearly doubling the rate of fire while losing 50-100 damage from a total of 800 damage per shot somehow makes it a waste of a slot? So... you think that 800 is better than 700 at double the rate of fire?

15 hours ago, elitetrollz said:

Sure it can, but I don't see the 30% rof increase being as useful as 90%, though you do get that nice punchthrough which will help with ammo convervation. So, sure, it's a good tradeoff. I prefer more dakadaka so I run with Vile, if you like a bit more control and would rather be a bit more tactical, go with Shred :)