Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companions, we need more control

Xgomme

Hi, so yep. Imo our pets are cool and all, but most of them are neverused because we have 0 control over "when,where,how" they'll use their precept. 

Looking at what we have, I made this to explain how I think companions should work imo :

petwf.png

The pic is talking by itself, but basically. All the kubrow/kavats and Diriga have 2 unique precept (and most of them have a passive one/another one we would love to launch when we want)

I made each pet unique, useful and with a working idea behind the kit (maybe not clear on the pic for some since I just wrote some names/mod names, but yeah, even "uber vacuum" can be nice :clem: ) + most cooldowns are placeholders to illustrate how often you should have the precept

Some needed total changes when some other almost 0, but in the end I really think this could make our pets more useful + DE will be able to release "cat/dog vacuum" without the feeling of creating an army of mimic pets.

What do you guys think about it ?

Edited by Xgomme

I think this is a good idea, i use carrier or helios just for ammo or scan. In this game the pet is not really functional but just a cosmetic. The problem i think is the UI because the active skill,maybe the interface could become too much plenty? They are adding a lot of icons and bars, ecc.. a good resolution could be a visible effect on the pet like an aura. Too much work?

26 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I think you should maybe use black text so we can actually read your text easily on white backgrounds....

Hmm weird I did not change the color of the text, it's regular color to me

EDIT : yeah it was gray for some reason, and black is not working on mine, hey, let's go blue :clem:

30 minutes ago, Lerhea said:

I think this is a good idea, i use carrier or helios just for ammo or scan. In this game the pet is not really functional but just a cosmetic. The problem i think is the UI because the active skill,maybe the interface could become too much plenty? They are adding a lot of icons and bars, ecc.. a good resolution could be a visible effect on the pet like an aura. Too much work?

Yeah it could totally be replaced by something ON your pet, but can be hard to follow with animal ones. If the dog is too far for example.

I made it huge on the screen tho, but it could be a small thing next to your pet life too

Edited by Xgomme

Thinking about separating pets armors parts, so you use the body/helm/legs of different cosmetics, and maybe merge kavat/kubrow categories (I'm sure some tweaks are possible to have kavat's armor fitting a kubrow)

Way more custom like this.

Could be a good idea. If DE care about pets...

Or add a defensive/offensive stance for pets.

Anything that can bring em to the light.

I took my 6forma Kubrow to a walk on a level 30 mission, He die like 6time ! Almost 1k armor - 1500 shield - 2000hp

We do not need only control over em, but far better pets. I want it to be as usefull as my secondary.

On 20/05/2017 at 1:20 PM, Tipenok said:

Could be a good idea. If DE care about pets...

Or add a defensive/offensive stance for pets.

Anything that can bring em to the light.

I took my 6forma Kubrow to a walk on a level 30 mission, He die like 6time ! Almost 1k armor - 1500 shield - 2000hp

We do not need only control over em, but far better pets. I want it to be as usefull as my secondary.

Animals are "melee assist", you should play melee with the leech mod to constant heal your pet. 

If you want a "secondary level" pet, use sentinels or maybe X type of reworked animal if one day they do something similar to my OP. (Or if we finally have hyenas as animal/sentinel hybrid)

Edited by Xgomme