Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox weapon recommendations?

Elric42

Question

I just came back to playing Warframe after being gone a long time. I had played in Closed Beta and shortly after launch... Obviously quite a bit has changed with the game, so I'm hoping some of the veterans can make some suggestions.  I had Ember and Loki from the last time I played, but I wanted to try something new and picked up Equinox.  For weapons, all I have right now are Latron, Kraken, Glaive, and whatever standard boring weapons that everyone starts with. 

Any suggestions on what weapons work really well for Equinox's playstyle? Thanks in advance!

10 answers to this question

Equinox is a rather unique frame, there honestly too many weapons to list that would suit your playstyle with her since she herself is also very adaptable.

In the end, invariably, the only real answer anyone can give you is: whatever you're comfortable with. Try out a few new weapons that interest you and see how they work out. People can better recommend mod loadouts aimed at a specific role or goal, but with mods, any weapon is really viable in most cases.

I personally like running around with a Tigris variant and a dagger with 'covert lethality' on it.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

it honestly depends on how you play equinox. For example, a night-form equinox can paralyze enemies with rest, opening them up to finishers. In that case, your focus would want to be on melees with effective/fast finishers. A day-form equinox can get area-wide stuns with maim. This makes it much easier to use a wide variety of weapons that might otherwise be clunky or ineffective against hordes of enemies, such as sniper rifles and quasi-snipers such as the opticor and the ferrox.

And that's just 2 of her (effectively) 6 abilities.

In essence: find a weapon that you like. use it.

It really depends if you like run in day form or night form more.

Day form gameplay tends to be a bit more fast paced (especially with provoke up) so shotguns and automatic weapons tend to go well along with that. Day forms maim has some good CC but its only one time when they enter its area of effect, I find the night form to be better for CC.

Night form meanwhile (especially with the pacify and/or rest augment) can slow enemies to a crawl with pacify and put them to sleep with rest, making for easy finisher kills with melee weapons or good oportunities to take carefull aim for headshots (crit viable rifles and snipers come to mind).

Edited by PAX_NL

From what I've played so far, Day form seems to be more fun to play - but I die more often obviously as it is using the offensive abilities over night form's CC and defensive buffs.  Is a build that is generally built around Day form still viable for endgame?

I take it back, the CC ability from Night form is way too useful.  It may that I've been playing in levels that are too high for me, but Night form is easily more survivable.

So that being said - what weapon would you recommend for Night form Equinox?

On 5/18/2017 at 8:35 AM, Elric42 said:

I just came back to playing Warframe after being gone a long time. I had played in Closed Beta and shortly after launch... Obviously quite a bit has changed with the game, so I'm hoping some of the veterans can make some suggestions.  I had Ember and Loki from the last time I played, but I wanted to try something new and picked up Equinox.  For weapons, all I have right now are Latron, Kraken, Glaive, and whatever standard boring weapons that everyone starts with. 

Any suggestions on what weapons work really well for Equinox's playstyle? Thanks in advance!

It really depends on how you want to play her.

If you are doing a Rest/Rage build then probably a powerful shotgun (to kill the enemy before it wakes up) and perhaps a melee weapon with a long range would be really good. I run a Drakgoon and Atterax on my build, but that is just me.

You can slow and stop enemies so headshots and finishers are your friend. You have toggles so power restoring procs are your friend...

Rakta Cernos with Argon Scope for headshots on slowed/stopped targets and blight procs.

Rakta Dark Dagger with the augment and covert lethality for finishers and blight procs.

Round it out with your pistol of choice that has decent firing rate. Maybe Akstilleto Primes. Synoid Gammacor would round out the set pretty well and that's another energy restoration proc.

Edited by VKhaun