Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Last Gambit)Can't Challange Nef, how do I show him that I'am worthy the challange?

BabyKurama

Question

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Nef Isn't a boss at the moment. He used to be what is now The Sergeant but his reworked boss fight isn't yet available

Also this ^

You can just fight in his arena of greed and wealth against contestants. So no Nef boss fight atm.

9 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Still in development. Now that they finished the Ambulas rework, Nef is up.

After that, it's just Phorid and Vor+Krill left.

Can't wait to see what ridiculously overpriced yet nearly impossible to obtain currency will be placed upon these remaining reworked boss fights.

27 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Can't wait to see what ridiculously overpriced yet nearly impossible to obtain currency will be placed upon these remaining reworked boss fights.

Idem.

I don't really care, I got a potatoed vandal weapon and I already have excal. In the meantime, every new player has to grind to get a low-level frame and no potatoe - it sucks to be them, but, hey, screwing new players is DE's inalienable freedom.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

16 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Shhh, you might give someone ideas!  Can't have that.

I removed this part of my post, since it was only dev-bashing. They can make something interesting, I guess, but the two last boss i've fought are "punching ball" jordas and "dodging is counter-productive, don't touch any control until invincibility disappears" Matmut Salad V. And Keyla could be an interesting boss, except for the part where you use some exploits to farm a dumb arena. I'm not in a very good mood when I read "warframe boss".

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

8 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

I removed this part of my post, since it was only dev-bashing.

Consider it [de]quoted then.

8 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

I'm not in a very good mood when I read "warframe boss".

I feel ya

On 05/19/2017 at 3:22 AM, Cyborg-Rox said:

Still in development. Now that they finished the Ambulas rework, Nef is up.

After that, it's just Phorid and Vor+Krill left.

The Sergeant is little more than a punching bag with smoke grenades, on the same tier as pre-Grofit Ambulas. I'd like to see him get a promotion, so to speak, some time in the near future.

26 minutes ago, Azure.Fang said:

The Sergeant is little more than a punching bag with smoke grenades, on the same tier as pre-Grofit Ambulas. I'd like to see him get a promotion, so to speak, some time in the near future.

The Sergeant... is... the Nef Anyo placeholder.

My guess is he'll be moved to Neptune (home of the Corpus, as well as The Index), and the Hyena Pack will be moved to Phobos.

48 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

The Sergeant... is... the Nef Anyo placeholder.

My guess is he'll be moved to Neptune (home of the Corpus, as well as The Index), and the Hyena Pack will be moved to Phobos.

Are you sure he's a placeholder and not a replacement? We've never gotten a confermation as such, with the closest comparison being Ambulas's total replacement of Arn Etina back in 6.0.

Personally, I'd rather see characters like Nef become "roving encounters" similar to the Kuva Fortress, with a different mission type depending on the planet he's currently harassing and set in a unique node on each such planet, leaving The Sergeant and Pack to their nodes and opening The Sergeant to rework as another unique boss.

But hey, that's just me.

1 minute ago, Azure.Fang said:

Are you sure he's a placeholder and not a replacement? We've never gotten a confermation as such, with the closest comparison being Ambulas's total replacement of Arn Etina back in 6.0.

Personally, I'd rather see characters like Nef become "roving encounters" similar to the Kuva Fortress, with a different mission type depending on the planet he's currently harassing and set in a unique node on each such planet, leaving The Sergeant and Pack to their nodes and opening The Sergeant to rework as another unique boss.

But hey, that's just me.

Your point about Arn Etina is contradicting itself since Frohd Bek has now effectively resumed that role, with Arn Etina being recycled as Darvo long ago. Also, if you know about Arn Etina, then surely you know that The Sergeant used to be named Nef Anyo, right?

DE have confirmed multiple times that Nef Anyo is getting reworked, as a boss, with a boss battle, for an Assassination mission, that will replace The Sergeant, which was only really renamed to prevent having a new Event Character be seen as the same "entity" as a petty Sniper Crewman. 

Actually, Nef Anyo himself even confirmed it in his debut event. "I was once a wretched crewman, breaking my back just to earn a credit."

4 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Your point about Arn Etina is contradicting itself since Frohd Bek has now effectively resumed that role, with Arn Etina being recycled as Darvo long ago. Also, if you know about Arn Etina, then surely you know that The Sergeant used to be named Nef Anyo, right?

DE have confirmed multiple times that Nef Anyo is getting reworked, as a boss, with a boss battle, for an Assassination mission, that will replace The Sergeant, which was only really renamed to prevent having a new Event Character be seen as the same "entity" as a petty Sniper Crewman. 

Actually, Nef Anyo himself even confirmed it in his debut event. "I was once a wretched crewman, breaking my back just to earn a credit."

I never said he isn't being reworked; I'm fully aware of that. My point was that I cannot find any confirmation that the upcoming rework will replace The Sergeant - for all we know the new encounter could get a brand new node, something not entirely unheard of or impossible to fathom.

My comment about Arn was a reinforcement of the fact that content in the past has been pulled, replaced, reshaped, and re-added, but not lost. Ambulas replaced Arn, who had his art recycled and reworked into Darvo. In the same sense, Nef could have been pulled to become a new encounter, with The Sergeant taking his old place.

And that would also fit the quote. Now a new wretched crewman is breaking his back on Phobos after Nef's "promotion", so to speak.