The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a -60% Weapon Recoil mod for Shotguns please?

Nani

I wanted to mess around with my Sobek and try some things out in the Simulacrum just for fun.  I could always buy a riven for this, but it's not really worth it for a mod I would use primarily for testing.

Also for consistency purposes.  There's no reason not to have a Shotgun counterpart to Stabilizer and Steady Hands.

44 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Why would you ever use that?

To reduce recoil?

46 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Just shoot better.

Nice logic.

42 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

my guess would be that he wants to nullify the spread from vicious spread

What has spread to do with recoil?

3 hours ago, StrongCrayon said:

I wanted to mess around with my Sobek and try some things out in the Simulacrum just for fun.  I could always buy a riven for this, but it's not really worth it for a mod I would use primarily for testing.

Also for consistency purposes.  There's no reason not to have a Shotgun counterpart to Stabilizer and Steady Hands.

Nah, you really don't need it. I have a riven with +recoil on my Sobek and you still barely notice the recoil :P

2 hours ago, O.O_ said:

To reduce recoil?

Nice logic.

Why reduce recoil on a semi-auto or slow firing weapon? Just stop doing the spray-and-play and aim your damn shoots. So yeah, I'd say I've got damn nice logic because it's been working great for me CUZZ I DON'T PISS ALL OVER THE SCREEN when shooting.

1 hour ago, Soki01 said:

What a nice individual...

Well that's what spamming the fire button is. There's no trigger control, and when you don't control your shooting you're basicaly sneezing while taking a leak.

How about taking a fraction of a second to aim before firing again? Cuzz it costs you nothing and your dps doesn't really suffer either. Stop being spoiled.

1 hour ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Would be nice. We just got the secondary weapon +explosion radius mod with the Amubus event and the the silent shotgun mod with Rathuum. I'm sure down the road we will see both -recoil and -zoom mods.

yea pretty much no reason for it not to be a thing eventually :clem:

4 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Well that's what spamming the fire button is. There's no trigger control, and when you don't control your shooting you're basicaly sneezing while taking a leak.

How about taking a fraction of a second to aim before firing again? Cuzz it costs you nothing and your dps doesn't really suffer either. Stop being spoiled.

How about the fact that "recoil" does not work the way the game does it?

When you fire a weapon, the weapon jumps - and hence the actual point in space the barrel is aiming at - and not your face. Your head does not jerk backwards, and even if it did, that is why you have eyes. Stare at a point on your monitor and then jerk your head backwards. Does the point of focus jump up an entire meter or does it stay almost exactly on the point you are staring at?

"Fake motion" is headache inducing, and this game has EXCESSIVE amounts of it, for no reason other then the fact that someone thought that sprinkling it everywhere "made the game better", which it does not.

7 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Why reduce recoil on a semi-auto or slow firing weapon? Just stop doing the spray-and-play and aim your damn shoots. So yeah, I'd say I've got damn nice logic because it's been working great for me CUZZ I DON'T PISS ALL OVER THE SCREEN when shooting.

But you do realise that players, that aren't the MLG pro that you obviously are... of course have a use for a mod, that prevents some weapons to take ages to stabilize again for the next shot to hit the exact same spot, instead of 1 meter over the enemy's head... right?

And now excuse me, I have to clean my screen...

1 hour ago, O.O_ said:

But you do realise that players, that aren't the MLG pro that you obviously are... of course have a use for a mod, that prevents some weapons to take ages to stabilize again for the next shot to hit the exact same spot, instead of 1 meter over the enemy's head... right?

And now excuse me, I have to clean my screen...

If it is MLG skills to pull the reticle down, then I'm not MLG, I'm freaking God himself.

15 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

If it is MLG skills to pull the reticle down, then I'm not MLG, I'm freaking God himself.

Sure, call yourself God... whatever makes mommy's little elitist happy.

11 hours ago, O.O_ said:

Sure, call yourself God... whatever makes mommy's little elitist happy.

Dumb@&#!, I'm calling it one of the most basic skills for a shooter game, it's like using a damn spoon you dunce! It's basic! Christ, you've got issues.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Dumb@&#!, I'm calling it one of the most basic skills for a shooter game, it's like using a damn spoon you dunce! It's basic! Christ, you've got issues.

People ask for a mod that won't affect your gameplay in ANY way, yet you still embarass yourself by posting elitist bullsh*t on forums. Way to @(*()$ go.

Edited by Vance.Stubbs

7 minutes ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

People ask for a mod that won't affect your gameplay in ANY way, yet you still embarace yourself by posting elitist bullsh*t on forums. Way to @(*()$ go.

It doesn't add anyhing either! Do you also put physical damage mods on pure elemental weapons?

50 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

It doesn't add anyhing either! Do you also put physical damage mods on pure elemental weapons?

It does. Use - recoil riven on Boar and see the diffirence. Again, stop embarassing yourself with garbage posts.

Edited by Vance.Stubbs
can't spell properly

7 minutes ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

It does. Use - recoil riven on Boar and see the diffirence. Again, stop embaracing yourself with garbage posts.

Oh the irony, it's "embarrassing".
Ever heard of fire control? So you don't end up looking like this?