Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods stats

(XBOX)Oussii

Say I have a mod with +100% Damage and +100% Toxin, these would increase with a negative of something like -75% critical damage depending on the disposition of the weapon such as +150% Damage +150% Toxin. More positive stats also decrease the overall effectiveness of the mod, for example the Damage and Toxin would decrease to say 75% if there was another stat there such as +75% Status Chance.

1 minute ago, GrizzlyBear said:

Say I have a mod with +100% Damage and +100% Toxin, these would increase with a negative of something like -75% critical damage depending on the disposition of the weapon such as +150% Damage +150% Toxin. More positive stats also decrease the overall effectiveness of the mod, for example the Damage and Toxin would decrease to say 75% if there was another stat there such as +75% Status Chance.

But why?

What is the mechanism behind that?

If it says +100. why would it give less without a negative?

Maybe I could have phrased it better. Imagine a pie chart, for each positive effect the sections get smaller; in this case less damage just to keep it more balanced otherwise the stats would be through the roof. If the stats did not decrease with each added positive the damage, on say a Kohm,  would remain at +200% while the Multishot and Status Chance are also at +200%. This is why you see specific requests for mods with only two positives, this is the most balanced number.

Negative stat modifiers exsist on some Rivens to balance the positive effects, meant to be a trade off to get a few stats buffed for the loss of one stat.

Some people, however, prefer some negative stats. Reduced zoom for instance is a stat that some people want to have for their weapons.

Other cases of people wanting specific negative stats is for ones that are less of an impact to the weapon preformance. Reduced ammo maximum for instance only makes you run out of ammo sooner instead of reducing damage/speed.

2 hours ago, friendofvampires said:

Also there are very few fringe builds that can BENEFIT from a -100% stat, like removing a damage type to focus status effects or removing all damage to focus on CC. These are super fringe cases though so I wouldn't really count em

generally - zoom on any sniper rifle is considered as "top"

As to OP's question :  some of the best "-" stats are the ones that don't affect your wapon, say you got a hitscan weapon (instant travel) with negative flight speed. Or say you have a dread or a paris riven with negative magazine capacity = no effect. Positive recoil (considered by the game as a negative) is also generally good on all weapons except say a dual tocoxistststststs. I for one enjoy the added recoil on my strun riven, gives it more flare. Than depending on the particular weapon, negative maximum weapon also is pretty good in most cases - but would force you to pay attention to ammo economy and taking well aimed shots for example.

On 2017-5-21 at 0:58 AM, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

But why?

What is the mechanism behind that?

If it says +100. why would it give less without a negative?

Long story short: if it's 100 without a negative, it would have been 140 with one.

I am sure i don't need to explain you the psychology behind that. 

There are two approaches on Rivens:

Try to get a mod that's just better than whatever you'd have put there; Aim for the best and only the best. 

People rolling their own rivens are more likely to fit the first group; people paying plat are more likely to fit number 2.

I'm in the latter, i only buy if it has a negligible or beneficial negative ( such as -fire rate on pandero).

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr