Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie 3 (Defense Kuva Fortress 5/23/2017) Doesn't Start When approaching defense target

Running it solo, the mission wouldn't start until i just waited there for several minutes standing and walking around with the defense target.  I've had this same issue occur in past Kuva Defense Sortie missions when running solo.  Sometimes reloading will get the proximity start to the mission, sometimes I just have to wait it out.

Also as noted in other tickets I've seen - the pathing of the defense target where he just suicides again and again by standing in the red gas is the dumbest thing ever.

They do spawn if you look around... use enemy detector. They spawn on top of platform. And yes.. the Suicidal Operator was annoying af. This sortie should never be added ever again.

1. Because the operator is Suicidal af and

2. Because their is a glitch where you fall through the map (including enemies)and if you can't kill the enemie that fell through the map then you cannot progress through the next wave unless you jump through the bug and fall through the map yourself to kill the enemy.

ps: Sorry for my sentence.. I can't be bothered being perfect rn as I have no interest in doing so.

Edited by (PS4)Melo-Cake_IsBack

2 hours ago, (PS4)Melo-Cake_IsBack said:

They do spawn if you look around... use enemy detector. They spawn on top of platform. And yes.. the Suicidal Operator was annoying af. This sortie should never be added ever again.

I was specifically referring the the mission actually getting underway not enemy spawning once the defense has started.  The 1st wave never started until the timer kicked in.  There was no HUD display of "10 waves remaining".  There was no alarm or other noise indicating the defense should start.  There was no circle around the defense target (although in the past when I have experienced this there was, and even standing in it would not trigger the beginning of the defense.  Only the time out would start it, or restarting the mission would sometimes work, or going in with more people.

After walking around with the defense target for a while occasionally giving him my weapon and taking it back, i took the time to open every crate, locker etc on every level/room.  This  same issue- the defense not starting when you get in close proximity to the defense target - has happened to me in the past when running kuva fortress defense solo in the sortie.  

Once the mission actually did kick in, it ran normally and progressed from wave to wave normally.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Running it solo, the mission wouldn't start until i just waited there for several minutes standing and walking around with the defense target.  I've had this same issue occur in past Kuva Defense Sortie missions when running solo.  Sometimes reloading will get the proximity start to the mission, sometimes I just have to wait it out.

The reason for this is simple: The trigger for the start of the mission for this map isn't proximity-based like normal defenses, but is started by the console in the middle of the map. Since its starting conditions are different, the sortie version requires the same start on the map. IE Hit the console, start the mission.

14 hours ago, TheEternalJester said:

The reason for this is simple: The trigger for the start of the mission for this map isn't proximity-based like normal defenses, but is started by the console in the middle of the map. Since its starting conditions are different, the sortie version requires the same start on the map. IE Hit the console, start the mission.

lol i'm a dope.

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

lol i'm a dope.

The latest build on PC changes this so that it starts when you walk into the circle instead of having to hit a button on the console.  So, it'll change probably in our next update.

The Defense objective in the Grineer Fortress now begins the same way as all other Defenses by walking up to the circle and initiating the auto start.

19 hours ago, (PS4)zeltwang said:

The operator going into the gas is dumb.  Either make him immune to it or don't let him go into it.  

The latest PC build also makes the change that the operator is immune to the traps.

Fixed Sortie Defense targets dying to Grineer Fortress traps.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

The latest build on PC changes this so that it starts when you walk into the circle instead of having to hit a button on the console.  So, it'll change probably in our next update.

•  

The latest PC build also makes the change that the operator is immune to the traps.

•  

Now if they could just fix the 100 or so other bugs in this game