Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"End Game" primaries

(PSN)theelix

Question

Short of it is that I'm getting tired of the restrictive nature of shotguns and the Zarr. 

What other primaries shoot more than pellets after level 150, with good ammo efficiency? Or does this unicorn not exist without the assistance of specific Warframes? 

8 answers to this question

Unfortunately that's one of the problems with weapon choices for endurance runs.

I'd say there's still a fair amount of choices around lvl 150 but the further you go, the smaller that pool becomes.

When it comes to dealing with armor for long period runs there's really only 5 or so primaries in the game to pick. Kohm, Torrid, Zarr, Tigris P, Vaykor Hek. These weapons have high kill rates, deal with armor rather easily and perform with or without a Riven though for some a Riven can make them stupid strong.

Once you get to a certain point your first 20-50 rounds for those Assault Rifle type weapons are being used simply so you can actually do damage with that weapon in the first place. The concept of using any of those weapons long term kinda goes out the window unless you just really like ammo pads.

You can mitigate this to an extend by removing armor as an obstacle or through certain team comps and buffs but technically even on unarmored enemies, it will eventually become inefficient to use most automatic weapons.

...and of course there's still the concept of AoE > Everything else.

Quanta Vandal, Dex Sybaris, Vectis Prime, Soma Prime, Dread/Rakta Cernos/Cernos Prime, Sobek, Kohm, Braton Prime, Vaykor Hek, Sancti/Prime Tigris. Lots more.

Edited by Percy

Any of the syndicate weapons should be fine for sorties when forma'd up. Telos Boltor is in the mid range of base firing rate and does not need Shred. That might be what you're looking for?

51 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Any of the syndicate weapons should be fine for sorties when forma'd up. Telos Boltor is in the mid range of base firing rate and does not need Shred. That might be what you're looking for?

hes looking for level 150+

There are quite a few really. You need either very high critical hits or use a weapon that applies a ton of status (or both). 100% status Tigris prime (Viral, radiation) was my go to weapon for a while until I got my Kohm fully operational. I'd need to go through my weapons to really make a list though.

150 you say?

Maybe go with Tigris Prime, Sancti Tigris or Vaykor Hek. Mod a bit for status and go with Viral.

Soma Prime and Boltor Prime will work as well but you might need Ammo cakes. Same goes for Kohm.

Other than that, go with Dread or Rakta Cernos. (Preferably Dread).

Another really good primary would be the Amprex but well, the ammo economy is S#&$ on this one.

All this is assuming you have taken care of your survival against 150+ enemies.