Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failed Sortie missions lower riven chance drop?

LeMoog

I havent had a riven in a while now and I am wondering if it is because I am running the missions with pugs.

I have noticed a number of pugs that failed because some players forced themselves into a position where their failure would result in the team also failing, if above is true then they are likely to be griefing.

Given that sorties are open to low MR players who in most cases haven't had time to obtain all the nice mods and would be very lucky to complete if they were not with a team who do then if you are punishing the team for the failure of a single player then it seems somewhat unfair. For ExampIe have noticed players starting a hack in a spy mission and then leaving before the timer runs out or they get knocked down, no alarm has gone off before they leave.Given how many times I have seen over the past months this then allowing the intentional wrecking of the team's efforts by people who are clearly griefing seems to be unreasonable.

If the team is indeed being punished for the failure of a single member then it needs to change to then either a sortie mission failure only prevents progress onto the next mission or players without the tools for the job are not allowed to run sorties or leaving a sortie is an auto failure.

If the idea is to limit rivens to only those teams that do not fail a sortie mission then running sorties with pugs of low MR would be a liability and low rank players would left to try to complete the mission with players of their own rank and below.

Personally I can solo the sorties but without the team element in Warframe then why bother with online play, taxis, carrying new players

I really doubt that a system like that is in place. I mean, wouldn't that mean that a player who hasn't failed a Sortie yet would have a reduced chance if he played with someone who did fail it? That or the other way around.

it's pure rng in my experience... usually the rng gives me ayatan, endo or a normal lens for a focus school I don't intend to use even if I get all three first time..... on very rare occasions I get a riven and thats happened on times where I didn't complete it first time for whatever reason..

RNG being RNG. Even if you have a 99% chance to get a Riven, it doesn't mean that you won't manage to get that 1% in several attempts each and every time.

I speak out of experience as someone who's had terrible luck with RNG in almost every single game he played. In fact, it took me a whole year of playing Warframe to get my first multishot mod. Pistol one. I actually had to trade for the Rifle version much, much later because it felt like it was becoming mandatory and I simply couldn't get it from enemy drops.
Since then, I obviously have had it drop quite a bit...kind of as if I had "unlocked" it by obtaining it once :P But that's just the mindset you get once you no longer are hunting for something specific.

It is very unlikely that something like this is in place, even if I can not really relate to that, given that I play nearly all of my sortis solo and never seen a team that I could not carry outside of spy missions, where people try to combine her inexperience with the content with her stubbornness to refuse to wait on other players.

I also like how you look down on newer players, but rest assure nearly all high MR players that you see normally in sorti are similar inexperienced at the game or actually afk. I did try a few sortis on my 2. account, like shotgun only L100 grenier MD with 0 forma no patato normal frost and my 6 forma boar prime, my only shotgun on the account from the days before the shotgun buff, that was a giant nerf to the gun. I think 2 weeks ago I did one solo with rino(my first build frame) and my Tiberon(my first weapon I used a potato and forma on) and that is plenty to solo a L80 corpus interception if you bring 2-3 ammo restores you can also use as me just levelling stuff in the other slots. Just to screenshot the result for people that look down on newer players, consider non meta weapons absolute incapable to do sortis(what is sad) and like to point out that the new player frames do not belong in sorties, even if there is nothing wrong with that frames and only comes down to how they are played.

Edited by Djego27