Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer's Muzzle Flash strains my eyes

cghawk

when using the redeemer's charged attack it shows a muzzle flash that causes the screen to change color for a moment, I have tried several energy colors but it doesn't help, it's so bad it gives me eye strain after just using it for 1 minute, can this muzzle flash either be removed or significantly removed? or even have a toggle in the menu or something because this muzzle flash is ridiculous, it's like a flash bang goes off whenever I use the charged attack

Edited by cghawk

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

turn bloom off.

it already is turned off, I just checked ingame and the following is turned off when I recorded it:

Bloom
Glare
Ambient Occlusion

so I have no idea what else I could turn off.

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I assume you mean the 'screen shortly turning a different colour,' and not the actual shockwave effect, right? 

yeah my apologies, guess I should have worded it better, the screen changing color is the problem yeah, I'll edit my post to make that more clear.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I dunno, I'm a fan of that dynamic muzzle flash effect from the Redeemer.

Two-sides of a coin on this matter if you ask me.

what if they made it a toggle? or added onto a existing toggle/option? for example someone mentioned turning off bloom, what if turning off bloom actually did remove this screen wide color change? or do you like this but don't like bloom? 

On 27/05/2017 at 2:38 AM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I dunno, I'm a fan of that dynamic muzzle flash effect from the Redeemer.

Two-sides of a coin on this matter if you ask me.

It's not "two sides of the coin". There is people that like peanuts and people that can die from anaphylactic shock from eating one. People that "like something" are the other side of the coin of the people that "don't like something".

He did not say "I don't like the effect", he stated "I get eye strain", which is totally different.

I happen to be Amblyopic, which is not just an "eye problem" and when FX's are too extreme I get headaches on my left side, and stuff like this is what causes it.

"Special effects" for ZERO other reason then "well, we just wanted to add something" are asinine, because no one is considering what they might cause, like for example strobing effects in games setting off seizures.

I can fire off energy cannons and not get "entire screen muzzle flash" so why did they add it to the Redeemer? They did that because "they just wanted to add something". Great reason.

I have bloom on. If it were a toggle, so be it.

And I'm sorry to hear about your case @DSpite. Or should I not be sorry about your condition and accept that the life-threatening circumstances concerning your condition, and showing sympathy for it in any way or form, are a serious concern and a patronism to you and those that suffer similarly? Oh, I wasn't aware I was being insensitive to those that could potentially have a health concern with regards to this matter, but paraphrasing with "Hey idiot, gonna burst your bubble here but reality check people can die from this and your passivity on the matter isn't helping and is detrimental! Bastard!" is an effective consolation. I'll be neutral on the matter and state what I said before, "I'm a fan of that dynamic muzzle flash effect from the Redeemer" and settle with just that.

Also, Bullet Dance, Supra Vandal, and many other facets of Warframe has had a history of causing motion sickness to some players. Should DE issue neck-cushions and Full Coverage Polarized Lens Sunglasses to players that suffer these conditions should correcting the issues not be possible? Or maybe we should wait for DE to get a proper test server, dedicated testers from a random pool of players, and perform double-blind tests with regards to these concerns before jumping onto the conclusion that, yes, this matter is a concern and it does make people ill but correcting it without removing the aesthetic dynamism that some players may enjoy.

But hey, let's remove the effect completely and see what the ramifications of that decision be. I'm a fan of sliced white bread, undressed, undetered and unviolated by other means of flavor impact.

Apologies for the satire, you caught me during a hangover.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

• 2 weeks later...

then maybe it would be for the best to make it a toggle? if some like it and some don't then a toggle is the best solution, I'm against removing it now that I know people actually like it, though it seems unlikely DE will ever do anything about this, made a topic a year back as well but nothing ever done, but still hoping