Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris Targets, the same old Story

Marine027

Make the targets invinvible and let them onyl escape by porting out after several minutes.

I am getting tired and annoyed by peopel blindly killing them, give those a punishment aswell.

And yes i can go solo but that is not the damn purpose of a Coop game is it.

Let people learn what they do wrong, on top it angered me so much today i got angry and people might had reported me for that, sure my own fault but having to go trough the same dumb thing everytiem some retard does this mistake, and some trolls even on purpose, is it suprising i get angry? No. Besides i got insulted for "why i even need them with MR23", that is my own goddamn business isn't it and that it has nothing to do with it on top, so please give such A******s a punishment.

So please do somethign about this, i don't care how by now, just not let such peopel get away with it for them to repeating it more often.

How about this, for each Simaris target they did the death blow on, Simaris will send a mail, after 3 mails he will take credits and resoruces of you or hack in your ship and lock your mod console or foundry, mails will go away thou after like 2-3 months maybe or something like that.

Edited by Marine027

Just now, PrwnStar42 said:

Punishing players for this is really not fair. With many weapons in this game it is all to easy to kill it by accident.

I understand that but might give peoplea better reaosn to be mroe careful and not jsut blast trough, besides killign them on accident can happen yes, but then only if you target them directly with a powerful weapon normaly, i often just see people attacking on purpose, even if you slashign and shootign it when its in the trap.

It will be of course unfair but with the time will people teach. People have to learn there are certain rules to such, on top it might be unfair for them but it is also unfair for people who need the points and not have time to do all solo. I am not talking about myself since well, MR23 i not need them but nice to have, but i mean people who already barely got time to play due job and real life, what you think how such feel about people purposly killing those targets of without consequences for them.

Of course it will be hard used ot it, but sorry, it is a start in my eyes, a hard start, i mean if soemone steals in rela life he also has to face the consequences, hard and unfair or not, even if tehy steal out of desperation or hunger its still rules, right? I not want such punishemnt relaly but i honestly see no other choice, learning by doing not works, so rather learning by teaching the hard way? I simply say, give peopel doing it on purpose no chance, accidents can happen thats why such "Simaris Report points" as i suggested will be gone away also after awhile also.

7 minutes ago, PrwnStar42 said:

Punishing players for this is really not fair. With many weapons in this game it is all to easy to kill it by accident.

Nope, you're notified of target at the beginning of the mission, even if it's not your target, and you're notified as soon as someone finds it, even if it is far, then you have it on the minimap.

The accident might happen, but I think some people just do it on purpose, because they don't stop shooting when you're trying to capture him.

5 hours ago, Marine027 said:

And yes i can go solo but that is not the damn purpose of a Coop game is it.

The two things that are multiplayer only are raids and pvp, and there are at least two weekly missions that can only be done alone... it's both a multi and a singleplayer game.

5 hours ago, PrwnStar42 said:

They are way harder to kill then every other mob, no matter what weapon you use... and they have a blue glow on them, you don't do that by accident.

Edited by O.O_

I frequently scan for Simaris myself and have killed the targets on several occasions by accident through various means:

• warframe powers
  • a knockdown threw them off of a cliff or they fell through a hole in the map
  • Corrupted Ancients by killing their buddies nearby
  • Dagger with Covert Lethality
  • At least Corrupted targets can kill themselves by running into the lasers of Death Orbs.

There are several problems, which should be addressed first, if a punishment system is suppused to be implemented.

• Not all enemies have the blue glow and in other cases it's very hard to see (e.g. (Corrupted) Nullifiers and if an Ancient Disruptor is nearby).
  • Not all members of a squad are notified of the target. IIrc it happens when you don't have a scanner equipped or join late. This ties together with:
  • There is no visible indicator for a Simaris target like we have for the Secondary Objectives (e.g. Kill 3 enemies in 10 seconds).
  • The trail you see with the scanner disappears too often.
  • Simaris's notification that you are hurting his target comes way too late. Isn't the health down to 10% by then?

Imho they should be protected better (no procs, immunity to warframe powers, no finisher possible, respawning if they fall off of a cliff) and the notification should be better (e.g. by all members receiving the message at the start of the mission or by Simaris protesting as soon as the target is hit the first time).

A punishment system should take into account how easy it is to kill a target and moreover you don't want trolls to feel challenged. That's why I don't like the idea of a death squad. There would be too many people who'd love to try and face it. Personally I'd prefer s.th. like no access to the Simularcum and/or to the Mastery Tests until you're back to Neutral standing, since both are situated in Simaris's room in the relay.

Another option would be to make the targets invincible. But it should only be done, if they can't interact anylonger with their surroundings (shooting, melee attacks, ancient's aura). I don't want to imagine an invincible Scorch or Corrupted Ancient. Really, I don't.

1 hour ago, O.O_ said:

They are way harder to kill then every other mob, no matter what weapon you use... and they have a blue glow on them, you don't do that by accident.

Atterax Meat grind Says hi...

Even if they re tough as 4 bombards somebody always one shot him or just keep hitting it until it dies

They need to make it More visible than a dark blue color that's difficult to see when u re blasting and blazing through doors.

an easy solution will be. Only the guy who need to scan him can damage it. the rest of the squad can do the usual things CC, Trap, Scan him etc..