Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High MR locked super power weapons

(PSN)ElementalLeaf

I've just been using the cycron and it's been terrible, and it's just going to get tossed into the pile of "mastery fodder" weapons like everyone else did. It's sad and it's what makes me wish we could have since very powerful weapons with the limitation that they're MR20, 21, 22, or even 23 locked, but they're so powerful they can put the lower ranked weapons to shame. Weapons that would actually make people actually want to use them rather than use and throw in a fodder pile once they unlock them.

Of course, by the time we're MR 23 and have over 1000 hours into this game, even sorties become a walk in the park with the weapons we do already have. But I think it'd be fun to have some weapons that are just complete chaos for high-rank players. Just to screw around with. Maybe even get them along with some super high level missions in an entirely new planet full of nodes that would be next to impossible to do with lower rank weapons. Currently, end game is just fashion frame, and it's fun and all, but there's nothing to do really. Maybe a complete overhaul of what end game is would be invigorating. And it would also give more worth to Mastery Ranks for players over MR 15 beyond just fodder weapons.

Idk. I haven't really thought this out but it's just an idea that popped into my head as I was using the Cycron, like I said.

Being rewarded with Chaotic weapon just for farming levels on Akkad doesn't really seem fun to me.

From Mastery rank 1-15 it's pretty smooth, you get the level for trying to get a favourite weapon and you need it for the Maximum standing on almost everything, but after 16 there really isn't much worth into pushing the mastery further, the entire game becomes a "Trash mastery fodder" simulation and we always expect for more powerful/better weapon when we can already annihilate any content thrown at us.
( Is there really a point in tying the Mastery ranks to levelling up all the weapons in the game? )

Then there's the game content to keep in mind, powerful is all fun and good, but what happens when you give out powerful free buffs on a Mastery 23-24 weapon?
You make more powerful weapon for a content that you don't need to fight.
The weapon being so powerful, you never change to anything else. With nothing harder to fight, you bring it to lower level and simply blow away the entire map with no effort.

Well the gist of it is :
Don't make it restricted to Mastery rank until you actually give us a decent reason to level up other than free Power Creep.
and
Don't add it until you really need it.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

7 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Being rewarded with Chaotic weapon just for farming levels on Akkad doesn't really seem fun to me.

From Mastery rank 1-15 it's pretty smooth, you get the level for trying to get a favourite weapon and you need it for the Maximum standing on almost everything, but after 16 there really isn't much worth into pushing the mastery further, the entire game becomes a "Trash mastery fodder" simulation and we always expect for more powerful/better weapon when we can already annihilate any content thrown at us.

Then there's the game content to keep in mind, powerful is all fun and good, but what happens when you give out powerful free buffs on a Mastery 23-24 weapon?
You make more powerful weapon for a content that you don't need to fight.
The weapon being so powerful, you never change to anything else. With nothing harder to fight, you bring it to lower level and simply blow away the entire map with no effort.

Well the gist of it is :
Don't make it restricted to Mastery rank until you actually give us a decent reason to level up other than free Power Creep.
and
Don't add it until you really need it.

To almost all of this:

22 minutes ago, (PS4)ElementalLeaf said:

Maybe even get them along with some super high level missions in an entirely new planet full of nodes that would be next to impossible to do with lower rank weapons.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)ElementalLeaf said:

Maybe a complete overhaul of what end game is

Hell, make it a sentinel planetary node. They had the world wide open to them with Lua, and they just turned it into more of the exact same old. Maybe this time when they add a planet, all enemies on it should begin at level 70 and you eventually get to level 70+ sentinels of some new even stronger variance than what we currently have, and it's a long grueling fight but that's how you get parts for this MR 20+ locked weapons. Give me something to do besides fashionframe at the endgame level like this, and also make Mastery Ranks worth something again past just MR15.

EDIT: In other words, I agree with you, don't add it until you need it. So make me need it too.

Edited by (PS4)ElementalLeaf

Relying on Riven mods to fix lame weapons goes beyond the pale. I'm not playing that game, myself. I think I've unlocked two or three of them since release. Guess I don't care to think of myself as that kind of hamster on a wheel.

I am getting damn tired of the worthless Mastery Rank fodder weapons.

I am getting damn tired of having to use the same few weapons all the time.

17 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

Relying on Riven mods to fix lame weapons goes beyond the pale. I'm not playing that game, myself. I think I've unlocked two or three of them since release. Guess I don't care to think of myself as that kind of hamster on a wheel.

I am getting damn tired of the worthless Mastery Rank fodder weapons.

I am getting damn tired of having to use the same few weapons all the time.

Essentially you have plenty of "Variation" of weapons that can deal with the current content.
Always adding more and more powercreep weapon just to make more diversity is a bad idea.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)ElementalLeaf said:

To almost all of this:

Hell, make it a sentinel planetary node. They had the world wide open to them with Lua, and they just turned it into more of the exact same old. Maybe this time when they add a planet, all enemies on it should begin at level 70 and you eventually get to level 70 sentinels and it's a long grueling fight but that's how you get parts for this MR 20+ locked weapons. Give me something to do besides fashionframe at the endgame level like this, and also make Mastery Ranks worth something again past just MR15.

Level 70 sentinels are still not worth getting Chaotic level weaponry.
You can still two-three shoot them with our current weapon, the only difference is that they will kill you. Not much Endgame content if you want my opinion.

Ultimately, I have nothing against the addition of higher level/harder enemy content.
However it doesn't mean that we must get chaotic casual weapon that are locked behind a mastery fodder grind just because they appear a little harder to kill.
Here's an idea for your thought : An ultimate weapon with a cooldown, modding its function to your liking in your arsenal, but only being able to summon it after a certain large amount of exp/kill earned through the mission. ( Charging the core with some sort of Focus energy )

You basically get to choose a core mechanic from every existing weapon we have in the game and use mods and other weapon as the balance for it after that you're granted one magazine of pure power
( Which balances its amount of ammunition and damage depending on your choice of side-core mechanic ).
That way, you get yourself an absolutely Chaotic Weapon of your choice that won't affect any level of content for too long.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

14 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Essentially you have plenty of "Variation" of weapons that can deal with the current content.
Always adding more and more powercreep weapon just to make more diversity is a bad idea.

Current content being your need to prevent endless missions from going past the 4th or 5th round for most players? Revenue down where players are not boxed in sufficiently?

Power creep stems from introducing weapons more powerful than all others currently available.

I've proposed no such thing. My suggestion, which echoes hundreds of identical requests over the years, is that useless Mastery Rank fodder weapons be reworked and aligned with the few practical weapons available today.

Variety is not the same as power creep. The developers are the only ones opposed to variety.

To me, it seems the lot of you are bent on introducing another grind wall of some sort.

Edited by DEATHLOK

47 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I think that more powerful weapons would only be needed if DE makes going after level 100 relevant for the game.

Already relevant. You can play Sorties and one round of endless missions if you want, but I regularly engage enemies over level 100.

Edited by DEATHLOK

3 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Already relevant. You can play Sorties and one round of endless missions if you want, but I regularly engage enemies over level 100.

By relevant I mean having a clear objective ingame. Sortie level enemies can be killed with medium level weapons if modded right.

Im a min maxer myself and like powerful weapons as well but I think that DE wont add anything more powerful than we already have because staying 100 hours or 1 hour in a survival give you the exact same prizes at the expense of the same amount of relics.

So only endurane runners will fight higher than level 100 enemies. 

people are going to hate me for this but......

MR DOESNT MEAN SH*T! ITS JUST A MEASURE OF HOW LONG YOU SPENT IN A MISSION WAITING FOR ALL THE MASTERY FODDER TO RANK UP!

sooooo..... no. no superpowered weapons on ANY MR. maybe weapons you can temporarily equip (sentient arm cannon?) but no permanent weapons.

also stronger weapons are not needed. the game only realy is built for up to lvl100 (maybe sometimes a little over on sortie3 eximus survivals and stuff.)

note that the game being built without having over LVL100 in mind does not mean that it wouldnt be accessible. because its generally easier to create a simple formula that applies all the scaling instead of making fixed scaling. plus that it IS nice to have the option of going above that for a challenge. but getting overpowered weapons would only push out that challenge into even higher levels.and nobody wants to sit in mot solo for 3 hours before the enemies finally become strong enough to be a threat to you.

I'm the opposite. At high MR my entire thing is screwing around with "fun" weapons. I dont want something super powerful. I want something ridiculous thats amusing all the time. For example..

Throwing brick melee. Its a brick you can pickup and throw at enemies and then have to go pick it up. On headshot enemies scream and clutch their face. 

Throwing brick prime. A golden bar that does the same as above 

DE does not need to give power weapons.

I needs to adjust the values of all weapons to approximately one level so every weapon is actually playable until Sortie level at least.

It is a shame there are nice weapons which have nice mechanics but simply lack DPS.