Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva cash in

(PSN)big_eviljak

While I support the OP's idea, personally I'd just like a reduction (by a LOT) in the kuva costs for re-rolling rivens.... imo the current costs just aren't sustainable for players without basically focusing on kuva.

Considering the RNG nature and how bad RNG is in this game you could potentially re-roll a riven and never come up with anything worth using.

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

While I support the OP's idea, personally I'd just like a reduction (by a LOT) in the kuva costs for re-rolling rivens.... imo the current costs just aren't sustainable for players without basically focusing on kuva.

Considering the RNG nature and how bad RNG is in this game you could potentially re-roll a riven and never come up with anything worth using.

Being able to cash in a highly rolled trash riven for kuva would actually increase the worth of rolled trash rivens, which would allow the rng aspect of rolling to become *worth it* in a sense. Given our communities ability to overtime, assess the value of most things by a measurable standard.....

A standard would in fact be made and basically kuva would be given a platinum standard and could be sold.

Thereby making relevant even the most broken of systems. 

"Considering the RNG nature and how bad RNG is in this game you could potentially re-roll a riven and never come up with anything worth using."

which means if u put 100 rolls into a riven... Came up with nothing *good*...

you could still turn a very tidy profit, then perhaps buy the riven ur so desperately rng'ing for.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

8 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

snip

Yeah but the problem with that is first you need to have the kuva to re-roll the rivens that many times in the first place and I doubt I'm alone in not bothering to re-roll rivens if they're for weapons that aren't going to be any good even with a riven attached. 

It's hard enough getting a riven for a weapon that could be made viable so I'm not going to waste the kuva I have got (getting enough of it is worse than nitain imo.. thats why most of us where spamming kuva this weekend) when all that's going to happen is you 'trash it and get 60% of that kuva back' because by not re-rolling it I get to keep 100% of the kuva.  If it was a lower price (I'd like to see it reduced to 10% of it's cost) I'd likely try rolling some of my 'junk rivens' like the ones I have for hind, cestra and akbronco which are weapons I'm never likely to use even with a riven because they're still out performed by other weapons.

Rivens made akbronco from a good weapon to an outstanding weapon. I can clear a room with akrbronco prime now. Can literally stunlock and shred a 130 bombard in seconds. 

Many good weapons are now viable endgame weapons because of rivens. I dont mind kuva farming...the grind is much less annoying than most other things...WITH resource booster. They do need to increase it to 900 and 1500 per kuva/kuva flood run....with people who dont have boosters in mind. Otherwise, being able to cash in a multi rolled riven for kuva...fixes most of my problems with the current system.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Rivens made akbronco from a good weapon to an outstanding weapon. I can clear a room with akrbronco prime now. Can literally stunlock and shred a 130 bombard in seconds.

If I'm honest I don't rate the akbronco that highly, plus I'd rather use the euphona, vaykor marelok, spira prime (got a riven for it) or akstilleto prime for my secondary because I'm just not a fan of the bronco's as a weapon.   And it's not about me going after rivens for meta weapons either (I'm not that lucky to get them anyway), I've forma'd a mutalist cernos due to getting a riven, which I needed to re-roll, for it and I now have a strong gas build bow for corpus bow only missions :)

While a riven may make the akbronco better I still need to get it to that point (the riven stats are bad) and with the current cost of riven re-rolls I'd rather keep the kuva for a weapon that I know I'll use, now if the price was cheaper I'd give it a few goes and see if it gives me something that benefits the weapon.

1 hour ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

I agree with you so much!

This is the reason I don't bother with Rivens for weak weapons. By being able to get some of the kuva back it would incentivize people to try getting a good riven on weak weapons!

Exactly...if u ciuld get back even half of ur investment...it would greatly help.

With endo... U get back 80 - 90% of ur investment, so it wouldn't be a stretch.