Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miter and Panthera - Crit Builds?

(PSN)lhbuch

Question

Hello!

Both Miter and Panthera have 10% crit chance. This seems low to build for crits but they also have slash procs and high status chance. 

In this case, should I look for rivens with crit chance and build them for crits? What would considered god roll rivens for these two weapons.

Thank you!

10 answers to this question

I wouldn't necessarily look for crit rivens. 

I have +Dmg +Multishot Rivens for both of them AND I use point strike and vital sense.

All my testings showed this to be the best route except maybe vs infested.

My miter 1 shots a 145 corrupted bombard if one of the 4 blades (due to riven) it fires crits. Panthera takes 6 to 9 (which consume 12 and 18) rounds to kill that same target.

I was messing with a Panthera Riven a while back comparing a pure physical Crit Bleed and a Viral + Slash build.

Never got around to finishing it though. I went for +%status and +%multishot on the Riven. That way I could make either work and not have to clutter up the status procs with more than a single element combo. Crit is viable but it's not the best roll for a Riven. My pure physical build used crit and on paper it does 15k Avg bleed per head-shot. The Viral build was not crit and did 7.5k Bleed per head-shot with the Viral proc. Thing was without multi-shot on the Riven the Viral only had a 0.18 Status trigger per shot but at the same time the crit build did less Bleed without head-shots and it was more spikey in damage as a result of 25% crit.

Not sure if that helps but try for damage, multishot or status for Panthera. Preferably only 2 rolls with a negative.

The thing is, with the Panthera, Crit is kind of high enough to be useable on the alt fire, sort of, but it's so low on the main fire that it really isn't likely worth it. I haven't done all the math yet, but experimenting with vital sense and point strike and using mostly the melee fire, which has higher crit chance, it just didn't feel as strong as I hoped. I don't think it really works, even if you are just using the chainsaw to melee. 

On 5/29/2017 at 7:04 PM, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Thank you guys. I will ditch crit and go for a status multishot riven build then.

I had the perfect multishot/status chance panthera mod and it was far outclassed by damage/multishot.

If you don't add crit to the table even with riven added and two dual stats (for either corrosive or viral) you'll be missing slots should you want to maximize bleed tick damage.

Buzzkill won`t help, the 90% elementals won`t help; so, if you`re willing to maximize bleed tick dmg, specifically useful vs grineer then Crit IS advisable.

I did all testings you can imagine with this having bought the 2 best panthera mods i've ever seen.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

1 hour ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

I had the perfect multishot/status chance panthera mod and it was far outclassed by damage/multishot.

If you don't add crit to the table even with riven added and two dual stats (for either corrosive or viral) you'll be missing slots should you want to maximize bleed tick damage.

Buzzkill won`t help, the 90% elementals won`t help; so, if you`re willing to maximize bleed tick dmg, specifically useful vs grineer then Crit IS advisable.

I did all testings you can imagine with this having bought the 2 best panthera mods i've ever seen.

Try this build against a lvl 145 Napalm with your Status / Multishot Riven. https://goo.gl/1qE9n3

That build has 21k Avg Bleed Damage per Head-shot without counting the multi-shot from the Riven, since I never got both rolls together to test.

I looked back and checked my calculations on 127% Status, 100%multishot Vs 200% Damage 100% mulsithot both using crit and it was very close at 10k Avg Bleed Damage per Head-shot with Viral Status but the Pure physical with status Riven was slightly better.

It could mostly come down to the exact rolls you end up with on the Riven and one could argue the Viral works better against unarmored enemies and lower level armored ones since it takes more ticks for Continuous Misery to do it's job but any two of the three stats should be fine for Panthera.

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Try this build against a lvl 145 Napalm with your Status / Multishot Riven. https://goo.gl/1qE9n3

That build has 21k Avg Bleed Damage per Head-shot without counting the multi-shot from the Riven, since I never got both rolls together to test.

I looked back and checked my calculations on 127% Status, 100%multishot Vs 200% Damage 100% mulsithot both using crit and it was very close at 10k Avg Bleed Damage per Head-shot with Viral Status but the Pure physical with status Riven was slightly better.

It could mostly come down to the exact rolls you end up with on the Riven and one could argue the Viral works better against unarmored enemies and lower level armored ones since it takes more ticks for Continuous Misery to do it's job but any two of the three stats should be fine for Panthera.

Will do.

I have long sold the multishot/status one, it even had -zoom meaning that both stats were close to the maximum or probably at their max values, i still have screen shots of it so i can only suppose how it would work.

I'm at work rn but i can assure you one thing which warframe builder or simulacrum won't account for: The shots you miss the head

Since you're using per-shot values and you are using continuous misery, it's safe to assume those 21k dmg are dealt in 12s.

The dmg/multishot i have which has - zoom as well has huge values (317dmg, 159 multi). I use viral with it and i don't wait for full proc damage before firing the next shot, so it could potentially take less than 6 to 9 shots to kill a 145 corrupted bombard. But I know i wouldn't wait  in a real scenario so i replicate exactly what i'd do during a real mission, takes literally 2  seconds to kill it.

Here's how i foresee a second test with your setup going:

With Status chance on the riven instead of damage i could ditch both my dual stat elementals in favor of heavy cal and continuous misery but i'd be losing the huge 317 bonus, which is just barely compensated by 165% from heavy cal and the shots you'll miss. Sure you would proc more slash since viral wouldn't be there to slightly dillute the proc pool (remember it's been proven that physical procs do occur far more often than elemental ones) but then you'd also be losing that sweet viral proc which is the soul mate of a slash proc.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

-Snip-

I was wondering what you could be talking about by missing head-shots with 25 accuracy on a weapon with 3 RoF. As I said, I never got the Riven roll I wanted so I don't actually use Heavy Cal on mine and yea... Heavy Cal doesn't work on that weapon at all. 25 Accuracy shouldn't be causing as much bullet deviation as it does.

I only user builder to plan forma layouts I do most calculations by hand then test the results. Never got to the 2nd part.

When it comes to Continuous Misery the same trick applies with all bleed DPS. You have to force yourself to stop shooting and pick a new target in order to allow the Bleeds to do their work. You have more potential waste with Misery but you also do more Bleed DPS even counting the Viral status effect.

Still, due to wonky Projectile Speed + Accuracy relations the +%damage +%multishot is better.