Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime Build

Arkarian12

Question

I am want some opinions on my Soma Prime Build.

Stormbringer

Infected Clip

Heavy Caliber

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Serration

Hammer Shot

Vital Sense

All are maxed but Heavy Caliber. I would like to improve upon this build if at all possible specially if I can find a good Riven mod for Soma. Any ideas would be great.

11 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, kenrhee said:

^this, and also replace Heavy Caliber for Argon Scope if you have it.

I was just looking at this through my build for Argon Scope, it actually lowers my Burst damage by a good 3k. Are you sure about Argon Scope? Now I did notice that it did increase my Sustained damage but idk.

Edited by Arkarian12

even on paper, Heavy Caliber isn't useful unless it's 8/10 or higher. if it's a lower Rank than that currently, don't bother using it yet.
that is, if you decide you wish to use it anyways. not being able to Weakpoint Crit Enemies from here to Kansas is a notable performance loss at midrange.

Argon Scope is an increase in DPS, long as you head-shot with it. Otherwise it's a loss. This is because it brings Soma Prime to 100%+ crit chance so you always gain the x4 head-crit modifier.

That being said Primed Bane is the best replacement for Heavy Cal as it does not require you to Zoom or head-shot.

You can use Agron in place of Hammer Shot if you want, but Hammer Shot is quit under rated when shooting high armored Targets.

That tends to be how Soma Prime works though. The best TTK on a lvl 145 Napalm is actually 60/60x2 + 90% and Hammer Shot.

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

even on paper, Heavy Caliber isn't useful unless it's 8/10 or higher. if it's a lower Rank than that currently, don't bother using it yet.
that is, if you decide you wish to use it anyways. not being able to Weakpoint Crit Enemies from here to Kansas is a notable performance loss at midrange.

My Heavy Caliber is at 9/10 i just ran out of endo to finish it right now. Sadly though I do not have an Argon Scope.

12 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Argon Scope is an increase in DPS, long as you head-shot with it. Otherwise it's a loss. This is because it brings Soma Prime to 100%+ crit chance so you always gain the x4 head-crit modifier.

That being said Primed Bane is the best replacement for Heavy Cal as it does not require you to Zoom or head-shot.

You can use Agron in place of Hammer Shot if you want, but Hammer Shot is quit under rated when shooting high armored Targets.

That tends to be how Soma Prime works though. The best TTK on a lvl 145 Napalm is actually 60/60x2 + 90% and Hammer Shot.

I don't even have Primed Bane oh any type either so I guess I am SoL.

Edited by Arkarian12

19 minutes ago, Arkarian12 said:

I don't even have Primed Bane oh any type either so I guess I am SoL.

They'll be around again soon enough. It's not a big difference any way you cut it.

Argon Scope or Hammer Shot work great. I just personally don't like to Zoom when I don't need to for short-mid range shots so I find I'm not making much use of Argon so I don't use Zoom mods if possible and like I said Hammer Shot is actually better after a certain point against armor. If I had to guess, around lvl 60-70+.

18 minutes ago, Arkarian12 said:

Sadly though I do not have an Argon Scope.

that's okay, usage of it is hyper niche anyways. one could opt towards it for preference ofcourse, but other Shadow Debt Mods are superior to it. or in the real world, another Elemental for Damage vs multiple Health Types would often be better.

23 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

They'll be around again soon enough. It's not a big difference any way you cut it.

Argon Scope or Hammer Shot work great. I just personally don't like to Zoom when I don't need to for short-mid range shots so I find I'm not making much use of Argon so I don't use Zoom mods if possible and like I said Hammer Shot is actually better after a certain point against armor. If I had to guess, around lvl 60-70+.

ok what about what they one person said about Shred? he told me to take out hammer shot and put shred in whats your opinion on Shred then?

10 minutes ago, Arkarian12 said:

ok what about what they one person said about Shred? he told me to take out hammer shot and put shred in whats your opinion on Shred then?

It's preference. I personally don't use punch-through on crit based single-target cuz I'm aiming at the enemy's head most the time.

I like to use Punch-through for body-shot weapons to help compensate the lack of head-crit multipliers. (shotguns, Supra, ect)

Shred functions as a versatile mod. It will gives more DPS against an enemies head or allows you to hit multiple targets with body-shots. It's not a bad choice at all. Just depends what you want and esp what level range you're playing at since you don't have to bother with head-shots on lower level enemies.