Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tether Grenades on the Penta

(XBOX)D3L7A Z7R1K3

38 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

An utterly moot and invalid argument. 

What kind of game are you describing? Because it's certainly not Warframe. 

Every single instance of "balancing" you mentioned (well, except for snipers - but sniper rifles and their mechanics are garbage anyway right now) is easily fixed by mods. And I'm not even talking riven mods, regular/nightmare/corrupted ones and augments do the trick. 

Using mods to compensate for inherent flaws of some weapons and eventually take them to a new level has been a thing since time immemorial, and after a few formas weapons turn into what we wanted - crazy, overpowered boomsticks of doom that are (try to concentrate here) fun to use. Because nobody needs "balanced" weapons in PvE horde slaying games like Warframe. We need efficient, visually impressive and mechanically diverse means slaughter. 

Tether grenades used to be a mod that fixed the worst flaw of Pentas - self-damage. Now it's a gimmicky mod for an unreliable weapon. It's not "balancing", it's just a change for the worse, plain and simple. 

Penta is flawless

I really liked how they labelled this change as a bugfix after many years no one had any problem with it.

It makes one wonder if they did it just because it evaded them this long or just because now no one could use it as an example to ask for the removal of seld damage.

My immersion is utterly destroyed because whenever I rapid-fire the Drakgoon, my body is not literally covered in sharp shrapnel from the ricochet shots en masse. I should expect to see myself bleeding out my Type B space blood from all of these sharp pieces of metal lodged into my flesh. This is terrible, terrible I say!

#Sarcasm

edit: I still say that self-damage still needs work.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

On 6/14/2017 at 4:06 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Adhesive blast also allows u to position the grenades more easily  though i likem to bounce. Easier to clear a room when u have multiple grenades bouncing around. Wish they made a bouncing Betty's mod that allowed the grenades to bounce multiple times before exploding.

ya thats why i used adhesive blast. (I hated the penta before i got it) cuz i like using it as a C4 layer..

course now i dont really see a reason to use adhesive over tether grenades...kinda makes me wish adhesive blast still had the dmg bonus too it...

5 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

My immersion is utterly destroyed because whenever I rapid-fire the Drakgoon, my body is not literally covered in sharp shrapnel from the ricochet shots en masse. I should expect to see myself bleeding out my Type B space blood from all of these sharp pieces of metal lodged into my flesh. This is terrible, terrible I say!

#Sarcasm

edit: I still say that self-damage still needs work.

Each weapon has its on balance mechanic. Drakgoon has charge up and low flight speed. Launchers have blast damage. Auto rifles accuracy and kickback.

Some weapons can be modded to minimize their balancing issues. Some cannot. If the Drakgoon had low flight speed, and charge up, and did self damage... Its negatives would out weigh its positives.

However if it only did self damage and had no charge up and was hit scan...it would be a god tier weapon, and my favorite. Heres hoping DE is reading this:)

I kno ur being crass, but u further prove my point. So thanks.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Each weapon has its on balance mechanic. Drakgoon has charge up and low flight speed. Launchers have blast damage. Auto rifles accuracy and kickback.

Some weapons can be modded to minimize their balancing issues. Some cannot. If the Drakgoon had low flight speed, and charge up, and did self damage... Its negatives would out weigh its positives.

However if it only did self damage and had no charge up and was hit scan...it would be a god tier weapon, and my favorite. Heres hoping DE is reading this:)

I kno ur being crass, but u further prove my point. So thanks.

Uhh... speak for yourself, don't speak for me insisting that the intent of my post is proving your point. You're reading too much into it, buddy. There is nothing in the original post that I made that had any relevance or bearing to what you're arguing about.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23