Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I reroll this Riven, or keep it? [Kohm]

mistformsquirrel

Question

Hey all - so, I've not played in a fairly long time - well before Riven mods were introduced.  Recently though I got my first one I was able to unveil, a Kohm shotgun Riven.

It has 10 ranks, and at rank 8 does +162% damage, so around 20% per level... but also has the entirely-useless +93.8% Flight Speed.

On the one hand: That's a pretty good bit of damage.  I'm not that great at this game but I feel like even with my mediocre mod selection I could get a lot of punch out of the Kohm with that damage boost.  On the other hand, having an entirely useless stat there is... bothersome.

What do you all think? Should I farm up some Kuva to try to reroll it?  Or should I just leave it as-is and accept that one useless stat is better than a negative?

9 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, mistformsquirrel said:

Ahh, alright, I was unaware of that!  This whole system is new to me hah; now I just need to figure out the whole kuva farming thing; shouldn't be that hard.

Hopefully you'll jump into a squad that are strong and know they are doing.  Hopefully you don't hit any bugs either.

22 minutes ago, mistformsquirrel said:

but also has the entirely-useless +93.8% Flight Speed

Last I heard, that stat actually affects the damage-drop-off-over-distance on Shotguns,
so with this, your enemies can be ~twice as far away before you lose damage.

Still, definitely cycle until you get at least +120% status (plus hopefully one of +Damage / +Multishot / +[Element] / +Fire Rate)
to transform your Kohm from a fun crowd shredder into the ultimate lifeform an unholy implement of pure pwnage :D

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Last I heard, that stat actually affects the damage-drop-off-over-distance on Shotguns,
so with this, your enemies can be ~twice as far away before you lose damage...

This could be relevant with Kohm.  One of the builds I saw for the Kohm was designed to lower spread making it less like a shotgun and more like a rifle or something else with precision.  This might be worth trying out.

On 2017-6-7 at 11:59 AM, NinjaZeku said:

so with this, your enemies can be ~twice as far away before you lose damage.

Still, definitely cycle until you get at least +120% status (plus hopefully one of +Damage / +Multishot / +[Element] / +Fire Rate)
to transform your Kohm from a fun crowd shredder into the ultimate lifeform an unholy implement of pure pwnage :D

Exactly this, you will get the most out of Kohm when you get the riven described above. It is slash based, and having 100% status before multi is what going to make it  really good.

The + flight speed is not useless, it increases the drop off damage distance but cant b the main stat in your riven.

Really appreciate the help all!  Am slowly building up Kuva (turned out it was easier to farm than I thought), rerolled a few times but nothing at all good yet.

I'm really enjoying the Kohm though - there's something wonderful about being able to turn an entire army of level 30+ corrupted into hamburger in just a couple seconds.