Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe becoming pay to win?

14 hours ago, TennoPain said:

Its PVE based game but pvp yes it can be considered to be pay to win

Unless you mean paying plat for conclave mods you don't have access too, then MAYBE. But don't forget getting plat free isn't hard, only time consuming.

P2W means that nothing you do short of dishing out hard cash will give you an advantage. Thing is, in Warframe, you don't have to spend a dime on anything except for Tennogen.

rivens are indeed P2W.

And yes the fact they are farmable its the excuse used by every single P2W when the amount of farm OR luck required to get a god riven is comparable to any p2w korean mmorpg whereas platinum (that IS real moneys, maybe not yours by paying) is the only reliable way.

Everything else is just meh

2 hours ago, Aimop95 said:

Unless you mean paying plat for conclave mods you don't have access too, then MAYBE. But don't forget getting plat free isn't hard, only time consuming.

P2W means that nothing you do short of dishing out hard cash will give you an advantage. Thing is, in Warframe, you don't have to spend a dime on anything except for Tennogen.

And even tennogen is for plat on console

What all are people trying to "win" against anyway.. cause this arguement always seems to me like its moreso, pay to wave around really expensive mods you dont actually need, which in turn says pay to "win" against other players with "mission scores"... so nothing to do with the actual game itself and more a psychological thing that doctors get paid to help with. (some of those are pretty OP)

I don't use the rivens I have, nor would I spend a butt ton on them. I do buy prime access to support the game I enjoy, and obviously cause the accessories make all the codpieces so much bigger.