Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So ready to see the "Dark Tower" movie.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

13 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

I've never read the book, but saying that most movie adaptations based on books are, some times, not really to be hyped about.

But is it a book adaptation?

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped, I really liked the series.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

I've never read the book, but saying that most movie adaptations based on books are, some times, not really to be hyped about.

This is a 1000% not Percy Jackson, I assure you. hype the living bleep out of this.  It will be good.

16 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

This is a 1000% not Percy Jackson, I assure you. hype the living bleep out of this.  It will be good.

yep just like every other stephen king adaptation that isn't Kubrick's "The Shinning"

man I really loved "Dreamcatcher" and "The Langoliers"

oh wait...

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

But is it a book adaptation?

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped, I really liked the series.

Hmm yeah I wouldn't get too hyped for it. I guess they are going to cram three or four of the books into one movie and if you've read the books then you know that is not a good idea. Most people will be lost and miss out on lots of parts...even controversial character building parts that won't be covered in this movie for...obvious reasons. I think the actor's are great just not the best pick in my opinion. 

56 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

man I really loved "Dreamcatcher" and "The Langoliers"

Exactly!  Even though I'm almost positive that's sarcasm, I'll take it at face value!  That's okay, I still think this one will be great.  Also I actually did like Langoliers, I honestly don't remember if I watched dreamcatchers though.

What about Storm of the Century?

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Exactly!  Even though I'm almost positive that's sarcasm, I'll take it at face value!  That's okay, I still think this one will be great.  Also I actually did like Langoliers, I honestly don't remember if I watched dreamcatchers though.

The Mist? The Stand? Shawshank Redemption?

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

The mist? 

I googled the mist because I could not remember what it was and saw this

nice timing, huh.  The tweet just went up 32 seconds prior to my search lol.  Anyway, are you asking if it was good or if I meant the Mist when I said Storm of the Century?  Two different stories.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

nice timing, huh.  The tweet just went up 32 seconds prior to my search lol.  Anyway, are you asking if it was good or if I meant the Mist when I said Storm of the Century?  Two different stories.

A great movie adaptation. Was good just like SotC

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

3 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

That's a new series..I'm talking about the movie..still cool tho. Ty

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

A great movie adaptation. Was good.

The tweet is about a new 'The Mist' Adaptation coming out on the 22nd of this month.  That is the crazy part.  But yes, very good too.  

The books will always, always be better, but there is something about seeing them come to life that, even if there are parts missing as they assuredly will be, makes it a very difference experience.

Of course it matters if the acting is good and the plot and so on are kept very close to the book, but overall I am usually quite happy with most book to film adaptations.  I just think of them as two different stories about the same thing.

Also Needful Things.  I could go all day on this.

6 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

The tweet is about a new 'The Mist' Adaptation coming out on the 22nd of this month.  That is the crazy part.  But yes, very good too.  

The books will always, always be better, but there is something about seeing them come to life that, even if there are parts missing as they assuredly will be, makes it a very difference experience.

Of course it matters if the acting is good and the plot and so on are kept very close to the book, but overall I am usually quite happy with most book to film adaptations.  I just think of them as two different stories about the same thing.

Also Needful Things.  I could go all day on this.

I was kinda hoping they were gonna do the Dark Tower series like they did with the Lord of the Rings movies. But my expectations are probably to high, considering only a few of Stephen's books actually had multiple sequels. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

1 hour ago, RoninJed said:

Hmm yeah I wouldn't get too hyped for it. I guess they are going to cram three or four of the books into one movie and if you've read the books then you know that is not a good idea. Most people will be lost and miss out on lots of parts...even controversial character building parts that won't be covered in this movie for...obvious reasons. I think the actor's are great just not the best pick in my opinion. 

This adaptation is going to be somewhat special judging from the promo material. See spoilers below if you don't care.

Spoiler

So considering what has been revealed until now, the movie is going to be a continuation of the books rather than an adaptation.

Spoiler

Because, you see, at the end of the final book the character gets transported back to the beginning of his journey by the tower. This time however, he has a certain artifact with him and this artifact is also in the movie. So the movies will go in a different direction than the books.

11 minutes ago, Genitive said:

This adaptation is going to be somewhat special judging from the promo material. See spoilers below if you don't care.

Hide contents

So considering what has been revealed until now, the movie is going to be a continuation of the books rather than an adaptation.

Hide contents

Because, you see, at the end of the final book the character gets transported back to the beginning of his journey by the tower. This time however, he has a certain artifact with him and this artifact is also in the movie. So the movies will go in a different direction than the books.

OOOOHHAAAA I like that..that's BA. I can dig it.

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hmm could have sworn I read it was going to be based off the first few books but then again im not really that surprised if what you say is true. Hollywood loves to take great stories and put their spin on it. The Dark Tower series got this far because it's a well written story. Now we basically get to see some guy in Hollywood version of the dark tower....yippee..

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

The Shawshank Redemption? The Mist? The stand? All really good movie adaptations.

my point was the bulk of Stephen King adaptations are pretty bad or disappointing, just trying to say you guys should taper your expectations. Its a dice roll on if dark tower or the new IT remake will be any good or not.

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

was definitely sarcasm

2 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

my point was the bulk of Stephen King adaptations are pretty bad or disappointing, just trying to say you guys should taper your expectations. Its a dice roll on if dark tower or the new IT remake will be any good or not.

That's hard to do...but I do have my reservations on the IT remake. Looks like a jump fest to me. Hope I'm wrong.