Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

1 hour ago, DrBorris said:

DE should be able to do that on their own, bringing in a publisher is completely unnecessary. 

And yet we are sitting here 4 years later, with lots of changes sure, but now lackluster development and no real push towards a complete product.

I see more of a push of creating content/features for the sake of experimenting. 

I see us having this standard schedule of a few frames (new/primes) a year, fixes, patches, updates, and a couple quests. 

This is not going to amount to a finished product. 

It amounts to a game a ton of Warframes/Weapons, with slapped on quests, and incomplete features. 

Many choices the devs make is based on satisfying the player based need to farm so then they'll continue playing. 

I want a game with solid core gameplay and THEN a solid campaign story. 

Edited by Iccotak

Couple threads discussing Parkour

What I see a lot of is that Parkour 2.0 allows better movement in already existing levels as the walls are not flat or good for wallruns, and bullet jumping makes things go faster.

Maybe design Parkour and Level design together so then they complement each other. 

The Reason I talk about Parkour alot is because the core concept of this game is "Space Ninjas". Embrace that concept.
Do Parkour and find ways we can creatively use it to navigate maps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3fd3tm/an_open_letterdiscussion_about_the_new_movement/

Edited by Iccotak

3 hours ago, DrBorris said:

If you want a AAA published god-mode horde shooter that ditched some depth for some sexy polish with a full price tag, Destiny 2 is on the other isle. 

BTW Destiny 2 is looking to have more to offer than Warframe does.
When we say Polish we mean complete and create full depth gameplay experiences with what they have. Simply adding new features doesn't create more depth, especially when they are incomplete or slapped on.

2 hours ago, DrBorris said:

DE should be able to do that on their own, bringing in a publisher is completely unnecessary. 

They should be able to. I kinda think after four years of not doing that, that maybe having a publisher who pushes for a complete product (MMOs are complete products, too, yet still have constant updates) would be best for them. And the issue with the publishers was that they wanted a modern game. The industry has diversified now. DE wouldn't run into that issue today.

I like what this company does when they show off their game, Saurian.
QUOTE: "While this is a huge step, it is important to note that early access means an incomplete product, which you are getting to play during its development."
If you are curious about the game, Here is a video of alpha gameplay demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9PzVzoWuDQ

Point being that the company Emphasizes to the community that this is an Incomplete Product which is in development. 

Edited by Iccotak

52 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

BTW Destiny 2 is looking to have more to offer than Warframe does.
When we say Polish we mean complete and create full depth gameplay experiences with what they have. 

That just happens to be the same story we were told about the first Destiny and No Man's Sky.  I just won't believe any of it until it actually comes out.   The only recent game IMO that has fully delivered on it's promos is Nier: Automata.  I do hope that Activision will actually allow Bungie to release a better product this time.  

3 hours ago, Iccotak said:

I like what this company does when they show off their game.
QUOTE: "While this is a huge step, it is important to note that early access means an incomplete product, which you are getting to play during its development."

I am not comparing gameplay. But how the company Emphasizes to the community that this is an Incomplete Product which is in development. 

Yep. That's usually what early access games do, like DayZ. The problem is when those early access games don't ever get out of alpha. Warframe is no different than those games, except it's claiming to be a beta (a beta wouldn't be undergoing the major changes that Warframe undergoes).

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

I quit the game for a good 1 year and went back to play it. Never really enjoyed it as much as I did, I tried new frames and weapons,still gotta faced the fact that its honestly just boring. Dont get me wrong i loved the game.But after almost 2k hours in it I just feels like its too repetitive

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

That just happens to be the same story we were told about the first Destiny and No Man's Sky.  I just won't believe any of it until it actually comes out.   The only recent game IMO that has fully delivered on it's promos is Nier: Automata.  I do hope that Activision will actually allow Bungie to release a better product this time.  

Destiny release was bad.

But Destiny after all the expansions were out? Fantastic game.

Edited by JSharpie

31 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Destiny release was bad.

But Destiny after all the expansions were out? Fantastic game.

And exactly how much did players have to pay for this complete "fantastic" triple A game.  A game that intentionally left out parts of the game and then charged extra to include them as DLC.  

Now don't get me wrong and think that I'm against DLC in general.  It should expand on what's already there and not add what should have been there on release.  

The Point is that Activision and Bungie learned from their mistakes and have said that they went out of their way to create a complete product.
That is what they are promising to have fixed.

What I am saying is that I want DE to be that passionate about improving and completing their project. 

26 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

Before we continue this conversation make sure you read over the New Patch Notes.

They buffed the opticor... ugh...I'm not coming back just for that. Still not a word about endless missions. Kuva fortress still doesn't have any kuva. Endless fissures still provide no incentive to play them past 1 rotation. And they even reduced the time it took to play mobile defence as if short missions weren't short enough - but I guess timed missions like MD don't count anyway, cause they just force you to stay in one place and wait while nothing happens.

37 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Kuva fortress still doesn't have any kuva

Here was my suggestion for that problem a while ago:

The Mission is called Kuva Delivery: A daily mission that takes place in Kuva Fortress that rewards a large amount of Kuva with an interesting Boss fight.

Each day Kuva Delivery will switch to a different mission node on the Fortress. 

The players work to destroy its defenses, steal the Kuva transport, and divert it to a pick-up point (preventing it from reaching the Grineer delivery point).

When the players get to a certain point on the map, a unique boss will show up.
They are known as the Kuva Wardens and each node has a different one. (making each day different to help avoid too much repetition)

The players can deliver the package without having to kill the boss BUT it is a good idea to kill the Kuva Warden anyway because they drop high quality mods.

17 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

A daily mission

not interested. Sorry. No. No! Enough 24 hour timers! NO! STOP! YOU HAVE TO STOP!
VyeYso7.gif

... I'm ok now. 

There's a reason why I'm so much against anything "new" added to the game on top of the pile of everything else. There's enough mechanics in this game ALREADY to form a solid motivated base gameplay. Adding new stuff at this point is just fighting content fatigue with more content - it doesn't work.
 And f@ck 24 hour timers, man. Really any timers. You gotta be able to play the game whenever you want and for as long as you want - otherwise why even have games in the first place?  

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

not interested. Sorry. No. No! Enough 24 hour timers! NO! STOP! YOU HAVE TO STOP!
VyeYso7.gif

... I'm ok now. 

There's a reason why I'm so much against anything "new" added to the game on top of the pile of everything else. There's enough mechanics in this game ALREADY to form a solid motivated base gameplay. Adding new stuff at this point is just fighting content fatigue with more content - it doesn't work.  

...You gotta stop using that meme. Its getting old fast.

And the game mechanic I talked about already exists in Warframe.

We have missions where we drain our energy shields to drag cargo to be picked up by our ship. This Already Exists.
I am saying use that to get Kuva in the Kuva fortress.

I bring up bosses because Warframe lacks any good bosses. and a good boss fight would keep Kuva Fortress interesting.

14 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

I bring up bosses because Warframe lacks any good bosses. and a good boss fight would keep Kuva Fortress interesting.

I'm gonna be honest: DE should stop pretend to try and make "engaging" bosses (read: invincibility fases and cumbersome mechanics) and just make a good ol' bullet sponge that is actually challenging. Like, just admit you have waaaaay too overpowered weapons and take them into account. Specially now the Daikyu has a goddamn 500 base damage and the óptico is... That. 

It is true that ambulas, though featuring some of the listed mechanics, is an acceptable boss - much like Kela de Thayn - but frankly, maybe a good Dark Souls style thing would be nice. 

Edited by tnccs215

2 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

You gotta stop using that meme. Its getting old fast

yeah... I only used it twise tho... or three times. I probably should stop... omg

3 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

And the game mechanic I talked about already exists in Warframe.

1) it's a new mission type.
2) Requires new enemies.
3) Requires new tiles.
4) Possibly new mods?

6 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

I am saying use that to get Kuva in the Kuva fortress.

So normal Kuva missions would still be useless?

9 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

These bosses would still be designed by the same people, m8. They would either be oneshottable or just immune to damage most of the time. Bosses in this game are just unique units with a lottle bit more health that have invincibility phases. And untill DE miraculously find out a way to create more engaging bosses, that's how it will be.
(Honestly tho, I've never thought about quality  bosses for warframe myself, so I'll think about it from now on. Thanks.)

13 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

I'm gonna be honest: DE should stop pretend to try and make "engaging" bosses (read: invincibility fases and cumbersome mechanics) and just make a good ol' bullet sponge that is actually challenging. Like, just admit you have waaaaay too overpowered weapons and take them into account. 

It is true that ambulas, though featuring some of the listed mechanics, is an acceptable boss - much like Kela de Thayn - but frankly, maybe a good Dark Souls style thing would be nice. 

DS type bosses are hardly possible in warframe. Huge mmorpg dungeon bosses might work tho, with tepegraphed avoidable AOE abilities and A LOT of health.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Problem being that We do over-kill damage which can cut boss fights real short. Hence why DE tried invincibility stages. (not agreeing with that choice but that is why they did it)

They will probably have to reform the damage system. 

Edited by Iccotak

36 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

So normal Kuva missions would still be useless?

Kuva overall needs a re-do. Feels like yet another half-complete game feature slapped on to give us something to farm for. 
Stop slapping on more features and fix what we have.

11 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

Problem being that We do over-kill damage which can cut boss fights real short. Hence why DE tried invincibility stages. (not agreeing with that choice but that is why they did it)

They will probably have to reform the damage system. 

Perhaps something on-par with the mission restriction system that some Sorties run with? Advanced detectors that automatically sniff out anything above a certain conclave number or Damage amount and lock-out entry, make us enter with only a modest Arsenal as opposed to the Kuva-Slaying tool-kit.

34 minutes ago, Unus said:

Perhaps something on-par with the mission restriction system that some Sorties run with? Advanced detectors that automatically sniff out anything above a certain conclave number or Damage amount and lock-out entry, make us enter with only a modest Arsenal as opposed to the Kuva-Slaying tool-kit.

nah, that's a half measure and most players would probably complain about it. Damage 3.0 has been in the talks for a while though so we'll see what they do with that.

Edited by Iccotak

1 hour ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

DS type bosses are hardly possible in warframe. Huge mmorpg dungeon bosses might work tho, with tepegraphed avoidable AOE abilities and A LOT of health.

Is it though? Because quite frankly, I don't think they are. Dark Souls' bosses have extremely complex AI and move sets - and while I admit the latter might go a bit  to waste due to the extent of our parkoor capabilities and our privilege not to go full melee, they would still be a nice bonus - and complex, intelligent (but telegraphed) bosses is something Warframe would truly benefit from. 

Then again, those things are also present on huge mmorpg bosses you mentioned. The good ones at least. So I don't think there is that much of an enormous divide between the two alternatives... Unless I'm seeing something wrong. 

I suppose what I mean is that, removing the genre based terminology, what we need is big, strong, sexytough, and above all, telegraphed enemies. 

I underline telegraphed because Warframe has a very annoying habit of throwing stuff at you with no previous notice and no way for you to predict it. The consequence is clear: You survive by using cheap tricks, and when you die, it isn't your fault. Attacks that you see coming, however how little, and actually have a chance to protect yourself, are what make a reactive game rewarding. Without it, though, it just feels cheap. 

to note that this applies both to melee and ranged attacks (the traditional "slow moving fireballs/bombs" present in many games are a great example of telegraphed ranged attacks, and the new Nox enemy is a wasted opportunity by being yet another one that does not give you any chance to evade), and both boss and non boss enemies. 

Edited by tnccs215