Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

I will say, as a skeptical player, after seeing that they're adding the open world I wasn't too impressed but am excited about the possibilities. If done right we could see some improvements. It just takes time to see what they do.

Open world games are very hard to make right even with a huge budget and thorough planning. DE attempt to turn Warframe into an open-world story-driven game on a whim. That's not gonna happen. And for sure it's not gonna be done "right". Fetch quests - yes. But that's it.

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Open world games are very hard to make right even with a huge budget and thorough planning. DE attempt to turn Warframe into an open-world story-driven game on a whim. That's not gonna happen. And for sure it's not gonna be done "right". Fetch quests - yes. But that's it.

Open Worlds are not story driven. I don't know why you have this notion in your head. Breath of the Wild has the best open world of any game I've played despite having a god awful story. There are plenty of ways to do a good open world without any story.

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Open Worlds are not story driven. I don't know why you have this notion in your head. Breath of the Wild has the best open world of any game I've played despite having a god awful story. There are plenty of ways to do a good open world without any story.

Ehh.. I've been arguing with Iccotak for too long... 

One of the things some of my clanmates won't let go of is that the game feels boring after they blew up the void (one of them pretty much gave up while the other mentioned that there is pretty much no challenge when he can slaughter everything with a Braton Prime). It makes me wonder why they don't just make a hybrid of the two void systems?

My idea: Keep the void fissures but make it to where prime parts can drop in regular void missions (t1 drops in the lowest level, t2 in the second lowest, t3 in the second highest, t4 in the highest) and using a method depending on if it is an endless mission or a non endless mission.

Endless

• 5: Common
  • 10: Common (low chance of uncommon)
  • 15: Uncommon: (low chance of rare)
  • 20: 50/50 chance of Uncommon or Rare

Non Endless (each of these spawn caches)

• 1st cache: Common drop
  • 2nd cache: Uncommon drop
  • 3rd cache: Rare drop

With this idea: I think both methods of farming primes will be useful (Fissures for a specific part, version of old void for volume of parts)

Also, going off the topic of void complaints, is it me or does the game seem to run somewhat worse lately because I swear I can run just about any game in my steam library better than I can run Warframe (and yes, that includes Elite Dangerous, which is surprisingly well optimized)

41 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Ehh.. I've been arguing with Iccotak for too long... 

Never said Open world is story driven. 
I said DE wants to put in story.
And that Open World is a good way to introduce lore through dialogue with random NPCs and Ruins without using a story.
Doing these maps will help solidify the universe we inhabit and bring direction to the game.

Edited by Iccotak

3 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

To make the world itself the core gameplay requires Bethesda level of effort investment. DE can't do that. You can not just turn a game of one genre into a game of another genre on a whim. Especially not into an open-world story-driven game. Open world requires a ton of work an writing and takes years to develop. That's why most MMORPG don't bother with proper worldbuilding and just settle on fetch quests. And as seen in the trailer, DE would probably pick the same route. "Kill 90 grineer bombards".

No, it doesn't. They can have their same mission setup, their same tile set up. It just means that they'd create additional tiles that are more open, more spacious, like a few of Mars' current tiles. It doesn't have to be as large or in depth as other developers. The important thing is that 1) we, and enemies, have a fair amount of room to move around in any given tile (open air is preferable), 2) we have stuff with which we can interact (vehicles and such), 3) there are some NPCs with whom we can interact (specifically respawning enemies on patrol paths), and 4) there are multiple objectives that we can complete.

You dont need Bethesda-level investment. You also don't need to write for open world. Open world merely describes the game space. Open world =/= RPG. You don't need to tell your story via the open world. It's all about how open/spacious the game world is and what you can do (i.e. what tools you can use/play with) in that game world. It doesn't need to be, nor should be, an MMO or an RPG. Warframe can be an open world horde shooter without becoming an MMORPG.

For me, open world is about the gameplay experience. I just want more space to roam around killing bad guys and I want more tools to be able to do that, and I want the enemy to have similar tools. I want story, but more so Codex entry story that influences what tileset and enemies and weapons look like. I don't care about completing some quest for a scavenger NPC or doing some fishing minigame. I want to put the war in warframe. I want this game to feel like a war, with gameplay taking place on battlefields, with enemies fighting us with tools and weapons and machines of war. That is the Warframe I want, and open world is a step in that direction.

1 hour ago, Hayabusa97 said:

It makes me wonder why they don't just make a hybrid of the two void systems?

Most of the people who asked this same question before have already left the game.

Guys, sry, I'm tired. I'm out for today. It was nice to talk to you all despite our differences and the heat I had produced myself. I hope no offence was taken. Cheers.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

2 hours ago, Iccotak said:

Never said Open world is story driven. 
I said DE wants to put in story.
And that Open World is a good way to introduce lore through dialogue with random NPCs and Ruins without using a story.
Doing these maps will help solidify the universe we inhabit and bring direction to the game.

It also provides the perfect paradise for Warframe veterans like me to hang up our weapons and retire our frames. My old and beloved Mag Prime will be happy living on Cetus, among the people she fought to protect for so long. 

Hiking, fishing, beautiful landscape, gorgeous sunsets, an ever-evolving story that continues to bring life to the world around her....what's not to love?

it certainly beats being banished to the dark interior of my Tiny Tenno Spaceshuttle for all eternity, hanging in the dark emptiness of space.

Edited by Legion-Shields

Open world with a ton of hitscan? Lol what's this? Isometric targeting mmorpg?

As if the covers are well integrated in the previous(current) corridor tileset, corner kiting is much more prevalent duh... Maybe people should stop asking for "tactical depth in positioning" hmmm?

Edited by Volinus7

Guys what do think about my thought here:

The problem of unbalanced, not enough powerful abilities AND frames is deeper inside missing the right points of improvings...

-------------------- Abilities Slots --------------------

ANY active Ability that does damage, is a weapon. A mind-weapon. Any active ability that supports durring battles is a battle support. Support for your 'unit' to stay longer or improved to use powers (weapons) and defeat target(s). Therefore also a support for any kind of weapon. Weapon support. Therefore all need  a way to directly 'improve' abilities instead just from the side influencing by some stats.

Give ANY active ability a Slot. Add in 'Skill-Cards'. Augs tryed to be that but can not deliver the real substance it should. Augs should still stay adding Side-Varations.

But the ability by its own needs its own Slot and 'hard-item' which directly increasing its own lvl of power.

---------------------- Skill-Cards ----------------------

A skill card improves the performance of a skill in any of several possible ways. It may

- lower the cost-per-use of a specific skill

- increase the points for a certain Battle Ability

- increase the duration of a buff

- decrease 'cast-time' of Battle Ability

- may add side effect(s) to increase the Ability effectivity.

2017_07_13_19_25_27.png

(Duration of Dual Summon Buff ~ Side effect)

• Enchanted skill cards enhance the benefit. The highest level of enchantment could be +10.

• Skill cards are dropped by any defeated mobs and can be traded, so if you are tired of slaying mobs hoping for a drop, then try find another player to trade it for something else.

------------------------ Combining ----------------------

You have acquired 2 or more of the same skill card and yet you can only successfully equip one of these cards at a time? You'd like to add their effect? Lucky you! Combine them. Up to 10 times.

- Enter '/union' on the chat line; 

Combine two same skill-cards, to gain a +2 Skillcard which adds to a ability 2 more lvl even if the ability is at maxed level. Up to 10 times (+10). One skillcard is +1; Two same combined create +2; Two +2 skill cards combined create a +3; Two +3 skill cards combined create a +3,...ect.

latest.gif

htmledit_20120531400253.jpg

2017_07_13_08_59_09.png

Weapons, Gears AND Frame-Parts (Cerebrum/ Systems/ Carapace ) should also be able to get over theire max lvl, including 1-4 slots in each, to put in another kind of 'hard item'  but they differ to Abilities; They should level further up, like +25 lvl while abilties could only go +10 lvl.

Skill-Cards are placed in the slot at the belonging active ability, as you can see at the picture under this text, at the very left side, besides each active skill-icon. (Here a beginner char)

latest_8.jpg

Red Arrow; you see currently ability level 2 from 3 adjusted. With the white arrows left and right from it, a player may adjust which level this ability should have to deeper setup energy amount and ability strenght even with a skill card equipted and other influencing points from the side.

There are tons of additional points to increase the 'fine tuning' within different 'unit' related points. But imo this will help to balance out Abilities/Frames/Weapons ~ Targets. While offering players a wide spectrum of ways to improve and progress theire 'units' 

Edited by P0Pz

I kinda agree. While I find this game to be very fun it can be pretty boring at times. The stuff they plan to release in the future such as PoE might be one of the changes Warframe needs. A large open zone instead of claustrophobic levels could make this game fresh! The boss that comes out at night will be a great challenge for veteran players, hopefully. Have you seen the tenno ships they have been working on as well? [DE] Steve showed it in his streams a while back. These tenno crew ships will be built and operated by clans where you can attack and board grineer or corpus ships. Each player will have a role such as pilot, engineer, boarding party, and maybe even more. It is basically Warframe FTL which has tons of potential. The kingpin system they are working on seems very fun too. DE is taking risks to keep things interesting and that is great. You said what's stopping them from adding something new and varied? Well it looks like they have been working on it this whole time. Hopefully all this won't be a failure like archwing.  I kinda do wish they would work on some of the older stuff as well because there are some problems there that need to be fixed. 

Hey, guys. I've had some time to think about Plains of Eidolon, particularly in the context of what we were talking about here with respect to fleshing out gameplay. I was going to make a comment here, but it got too long, so I just made a separate thread. Even though this open world is fresh and new, so was Archwing. I think it's important that DE adds certain elements to ensure that the gameplay experience is as deep, engaging, immersive, interactive, and satisfying as possible. I'd really appreciate it if you guys gave it a read (warning: it's long) and let me know your thoughts. You can find the thread here:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/819693-how-to-make-plains-of-eidolon-a-success-realizing-the-open-landscape/

Thanks.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

I agree the game can be 'boring' at times, but as a veteran, that's actually one of its strenghts.

What is good about the apparent lack of challenge, after you got the primed mods etc., is that you can simply pickup the game and try out different builds without doubt that you screw up the mission. And as most this game is about farming stuff in your leisure pace, it fits perfectly for it.

In short, this game is unique in allowing you to play it very casually while still reaping the rewards. Everyone can decide for themselves if and when that's a good thing or not. I find myself running a couple of missions every now and then just because.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everything about what OP told!

Myself was been playing since december 2013, and i find this game sooooo boring in many various aspect. Like any new player, i was tricked by DE in a way that this game have a lot of variations and stuffs to do to just find out that is just run, shoot, extract.

So i only came back because of Harrow UP and the expectations of a open world game since this game always sucked for me in: exploration, npc interation and a well done enemy gameplay, and based on my experiencie, DE do not tricks me anymore.

I know very well that DE not is Bethesda, From Software, Square Enix, neither Bungie so i not expect anything big from that very small team like DE so no wonder how a game is already taking four years and still is essentially at alpha phase hidden in a lie called "open beta". Because of this i invested my money in the most fun ways in another games without investing in a limited game like Warframe because i have almost ZERO expectations about DE. I play a lot of top games in my list enjoying a lot while Warframe is one if not the last one that i will get to play due to his serious limitations that another games do not have.

However i not take Warframe seriously since DE is a small game developer with a ambition of a global developer like Bungie, so what to expect about a game developer like that one? Probably in six more years the game will be done in the way that DE only works in circles.

The only hope i have is that DE open world not ends like the big joke called Lunaro and TWW as a few examples since in my point of view DE do not knows what wants or what to develop or what to make it interessing for someone that not is a new player, subjetively speaking.

Edited by -WBA-Spriggan.EX
Forgot to add some stuffs