Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas and Magnetic?

It is a good combo against Corpus when you can't proc gas reliably, especially when you have the Enhanced Shields during the sorties. But I prefer Gas + Electricity when it comes to high status because the toxic damage that gas does bypasses shields, so magnetic is irrelevant, and electricity is good CC besides the 50% damage bonus against robotics. 

On high status and firerate weapons, gas is a fun aesthetic I like using. Just imagine in a hallway with 10 or so enemies bunching up, shoot into that hallway and enjoy the show. Just a tidbit. 

But back to why.

Magnetic to strip shields while having gas to proc a AoE toxic damage. Now with your naked enemy that is already being damaged from toxic, switch to another weapon and finish the deal. 

These two elements would make a good side combo in the case you decide to be fancy in your loadout.

Have fun~

magnetic is pointless because the gas procc is toxin dmg which ignores shields. i would rather run gas /elec or gas/cold for some cc plus they have better dmg boni vs targets. magnetic is only good vs shields but again...gas procc ignores shields so if u have a reliable status chance u dont need magnetic at all, cold would be enough to have something vs shields but its procc is useful always and its dmg boni are relatively neutral if u ignore the shields part. elect is similar boni wise in general and has a cc/dmg aoe procc so its also more useful than magnetic. magnetic tbh is a useless element imo.

Edited by Xydeth

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)HenCeption said:

I don't get why the combo would be that great but iIthink I'm missing something. can someone explain it

it gets 100% status (4 x 60/60 mods) on tigris prime...using it with saryn maybe is the only reason I can see to use it over rad/viral and corrosive/blast though.