Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More tilesets that might be a great idea.

RavingRoman

I do a lot of testing in the game of warframe. In my skirmishes, I always take notes of everything that looks impressive, things that needs work on, and the opportunities Digital Extremes should not miss to really build the world that surrounds the games.

First, I would like to start with the worlds needing a rework and what ways "I" think would be best for it.

Mars

As the red planet we all know, it sure looks more like an earthly desert. As far as I've seen or know there is a lot of "red" to it. So a more appropriate shift of palette can be a quick fix. However, it would be amazing that if desert sandstorms were also added to that planet. Limited visibility is the environment and the territory of the grineer who have slaved there for years.

6.jpg

Uranus

The level design is beautiful all in all for the level's of Uranus. However, there is a huge majority that absolutely hate the way sharkwing feels. Honestly, it just feels like a ripped off clunky version of archwing. However, there are some things I have noticed that can be changed to at least alleviate some of the bad feelings on using sharkwing. The biggest thing is that the water is too clear. Like impossibly crystal clear. The ocean is not that clear, especially at the depths we have been traveling through. Real water should be murkier, to make us squint and wonder what is in it with us.

1345476725932_full_3d.jpg

Now the kind of level I would like to implement

Unexplored Caverns or those that are partially explored by grineer or corpus. Remember this?

Warframe-The-War-Within-update-review-ca

We need more caves like this that go even further downward. Less lights, and more vertical elements. If you want to add the creep factor, let's add versions of this with infested bugs, spiders, centipedes, and so forth. It would be every arachnophobe's nightmare, and a tingle on the spine for the rest of us.

Let me know what you think of these suggestions and as always

Lock and Load, Tenno!!

If I might add a little something of my own. 

In the earlier times of Warframe the environment was way less lighten than it is today, ships felt claustrophobic as all hell and with infestation it was even worse. Now, we have open environments, and light has cranked up  very strongly in all tile sets. 

That might come out as the desires of an old player, but I loved that darker lighting, though the actual one is good as well. 

So, why wouldn't it be interesting to reintroduce that old feel to enclosed environments through either more game mechanics (breaking or shutting down the lights to lower enemy awareness) or as a cosmetic option in the graphics. 

As for tilesets, The crashed ship glacier is interesting, but still only exclusive to the Corpus. I would enjoy to see a crash site for Grineer ships and infested hives, the Grineer crash could be of an opposite fashion to the Corpus ship in a terribly hot sector. While the Infested dead hive could be on an asteroid with tunnels carved by the infestation in the crash site to make the place their own. 

And Earth is just the beginning, with more visual remasters on the way. "We want to remaster all of the art sets, eventually, to fix some of the issues that have resulted from updating our tech but also because we have evolved as developers," Tremblay explained. I asked him if there were any assets in particular he had his eye on improving, and he said "nothing is sacred."

http://www.pcgamer.com/take-a-first-look-at-warframes-completely-revamped-earth-maps/

Well, I'd love Mars to get some more redness and the sunset-ish foggy atmosphere that your first image shows us.

I think Uranus is okay, it might use more open spaces for sharkwing. Seriously, why not. As Itzal, you can bug out of bounds at the underwater extraction. It's fun to explore there but there's nothing to be found :/

The caves tiles are used exclusively for the TWW quest. This is sad. It feels like some resources are wasted because they're not used enough. I too wish that caves appear as some other tileset, eg. an ancient Orokin facility excavation site mission or as parts of Earth tileset.

Edited by Raniu

I would personally like to see a grineer weapon creation facility. Similar to Ceres Shipyard where they build galleons, but instead I imagine something closed in. A factory filled with smoke, so it always has the "fog" nightmare condition on it. Very little light other than the molten metals.
arcelormittal-ostrava-vsazka-do-tandemovdunaferr-liti-do-mixeru-793.jpg
arcelormittal-ostrava-liti-z-mixeru-356.

The area would have a lot of grineer workers, they aren't much danger but if they spot you they will get in the way and they will alert the guards that are predominantly Hellions and jetpacked grineer. It should show the return of Artificers.
There could be closed off areas which if you're quiet or fast enough to enter before the guards become aware and lock the area, you'll be able to get inside and smash up the several grineer shipping containers filled with grineer supply containers. I'd imagine like 12 per shipping container in a locked off area you can't AOE+Vacuum loot out of if it's locked down.  Similar to the Orokin tower tile where there's two paths of ice and if you don't get to the other side of the room fast enough it locks down and you'll just have to continue with less loot. But this place won't just have 3 meager containers.
GrineerArtificer.png

Structurally I imagine a tile-set that only goes down. There will be stair or elevators in corners of all the tiles but for a warframe it would probably be easier to just use your maneuverability to make your way down.  This area would be a low level area as to allow new warframes master their parkouring since they get little to no practice in levels but it's so essential to the game.

The underground caverns sound like an awesome idea! i was actually talking about something similar earlier today with a friend.  I think it would be really awesome to have a tileset that's unique to each planet.  I also think it would be amazing if some of the planets that are closer to the sun, like venus or mercury were a molten or volcanic planet (seriously, venus being covered in ice, even with terraforming, doesn't make a whole lot of sense imo lol)