Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rathuum/Index like infested mods

lukinu_u

I really enjoy the principe of Rathuum and Index mods that make us play under used weapons of both factions with mods that add unique mechanics and I think it's bad to not have same for infested weapons, I made imagined a bunch of mods to raise up some unused weapon of the faction.

1497372825-synaptic-autonomy.png1497372825-explosive-emanation.png1497372825-parasitic-hook.png
1497372826-volatile-plague.png1497372826-neuro-parasite.png1497372825-toxic-spine.png

Phage - Synaptic autonomy :
Each laser independently focus various targets on your view field, depending on your precision.
Each laser focus differents targets, prioritizing the nearest to you.
The precision between 0% and 50% affect the chance of hitting the target from 0% to 100% while the precission between 50% and 100% add auto-headshot chance from 0% to 50%.

Torid - Explosive emanation :
Shooting on clouds with heat or blast damages will explode them, dealing +300 (+30% enemis max health inside the cloud) heat damages.
The effect apply regardless of the heat/blast damages source, it can be another weapon or even your allies.
The explosion damages deal 300 damages +30% of the max health of each enemis, so if there are more enemis, the explosion will deal more damages.

Paracyst - Parasitic hook :
The last target you grabbed will be linked to you and take 30% of the damages inflicted to you.
It work same as Nidus Parasitic link.
The link have a max range of 15m and will disapear after 15 seconds.

Embolist : Volatile plague :
Killing enemis will release a gas cloud, dealing +350 (+60% enemy max health) toxin damages over 7 second in a 6m radius.

Tysis -Neuro-parasite :
Headshot blind the target for 5 second and grant all status to apply.
On headshot, all status of elements currently on your weapon will apply, meaning if you have viral+radiation+corrosive, all the three status will apply if the projectile hit enemi's head, regardless of the status chances.

Scoliac - Toxic spine :
Slide attacks knockdown enemis for 3 seconds per toxin base status on the target.
The knockdown range is affected by range mods such as reach and primed reach.
The knockdown increase by 3 second per toxin based status (toxin, viral, gas, corrosive) on each target you hit, meaning the knockdown duration may be different for each target you hit in a single attack.

Edited by lukinu_u

Eh a thread of fan ideas I actually like?  Not bad OP.

I might suggest that the Tysis mod not grant all status - since it's already one of the pistols that can achieve status on every hit, there's just no reason.  Everything else is solid - nice job.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

40 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Scoliac - Toxic spine :
Slide attacks knockdown enemis for 3 seconds per toxin base status on the target.
The knockdown range is affected by range mods such as reach and primed reach.
The knockdown duration is equal to 3n, where n is the number of toxin based status applied on the enemi you hit (toxin, viral, gas, corrosive). So, the duration is 3s for one status, 9s for two status, 27s for three status and 81s for all four status.

You want to knockdown enemies for 81 seconds? That's not what "3 seconds per status" means. I think you should just go with the normal meaning of the phrase, so 12 seconds with all four statuses. It's still a really long time. You can reload an unmodded Aklex Prime 4 times.

A lot of these are really cool though. I especially like the Paracyst mod.

Edited by GrayArchon

5 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Eh a thread of fan ideas I actually like?  Not bad OP.

I might suggest that the Tysis mod not grant all status - since it's already one of the pistols that can achieve status on every hit, there's just no reason.  Everything else is solid - nice job.

I basically wanted to do this because even with 100% status chance, each bullet can only proc a single status, so with 3 bullet (+180% multishot), you get one of each status. So, the goal was to allow players to proc all status on each bullet (so all 3 with the 100% precision of the Tysis), meaning you could proc 3 corrosive, gas or any status that stack in a single shot, but yes, that's not that useful.

Maybe adding infinite punchthrough on headshot would have more potential in dense enemi groups. This isn't a huge improvment worth the slot but that's a little plus to the blind effect that is the main purpose of the mod.
Maybe just the blind on headshot is enough.

4 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

You want to knockdown enemies for 81 seconds? That's not what "3 seconds per status" means. I think you should just go with the normal meaning of the phrase, so 12 seconds with all four statuses. It's still a really long time. You can reload an unmodded Aklex Prime 4 times.

A lot of these are really cool though. I especially like the Paracyst mod.

Considering all of these elements are composed of toxin, having all of them in a single loadout is nearly impossible if you dont bring special weapon with inate elemental combinasons, such as Tysis or Hema, so in most of case, you would only have 2 or 3 elements on a target meaning only and I wanted the mod to be more useful in a coordinated team but I just remember Saryn can proc toxin and viral in a single power, so yes, you are probably right.
I just edited the description.