Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I be getting more FPS for the specs I have?

Yoshiyoushaa

Question

Hello

i've been playing warframe for some months now and in missions I am getting around 10-30 fps, I mentioned this in a discord server and I was told that with the laptop I have, I should theoretically be getting at least 50. Below is a screenshot of the specs I have. I have attemped to modify settings including putting it on the lowest on everything and disabling vsync however this does not change my FPS in any way. Is there an issue with perhaps the drivers or something else

UWHubvM.png

Edited by Yoshiyoushaa
Image not included

12 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Yoshiyoushaa said:

Hello

i've been playing warframe for some months now and in missions I am getting around 10-30 fps, I mentioned this in a discord server and I was told that with the laptop I have, I should theoretically be getting at least 50. Below is a screenshot of the specs I have. I have attemped to modify settings including putting it on the lowest on everything and disabling vsync however this does not change my FPS in any way. Is there an issue with perhaps the drivers or something else?

I can't see any screenshot, but I will advise you to make sure your display drivers are up to date and that DX11/64-bit are checked in the launcher.
I'll give you a bit more insight and things to check once you get that screenshot up.

I'd be expecting to be able to keep vsync at 60fps with higher than lowest settings personally. 

Are you trying it full screen or windowed? 

Steam version or DE client - same base code but there are some differences.

Latest Drivers?

Turned off any 'screen capture' software including the built in win 10 one and the one in steam?

Check your CPU usage. If it's 90-100% then that's the problem. (But in that case it would stutter but fps would still show up as 60 with only difference being an increase of frame time). Other issue might the fact that you have both HD graphics and Nvidia - HD could have taken a priority. It doesn't happen on a whim and it's unlikely problem on laptop (on PC people tinker with bios and sometimes forget to plug into graphics card and plug into motherboard instead =.= ). 

Disabling HD display drivers might help (in device manager . just don't do it through bios ) 

Another issue might be power settings - maybe both your NVIDIA and your laptop is running at power saver. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'd be expecting to be able to keep vsync at 60fps with higher than lowest settings personally. 

Are you trying it full screen or windowed? 

Steam version or DE client - same base code but there are some differences.

Latest Drivers?

Turned off any 'screen capture' software including the built in win 10 one and the one in steam?

Windowed

I'm using the steam version

Err I've got the latest GeForce Drivers, 382.53

I've turned off the Xbox/windows screen capture software but not the steam one, I was under the impression this doesn't influence it.

4 minutes ago, Tain_OSkoom said:

At a guess, I'd say that Warframe is running on your integrated card.

I don't think it is, i've used the Nvidia control panel and specified I want the GeForce being used on Warframe?

I'm sorry if my answers are a tad lackluster, I don't know a lot of techincal terminology or how to find a lot of things!

You want to at least make sure you are using the Nvidia graphics card and not the intel one. Just right click on the desktop, open Nvidia control panel, find warframe and set the preferred graphics card to Nvidia. If its a PC then just set Nvidia to globally preferred. 

15 minutes ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

Check your CPU usage. If it's 90-100% then that's the problem. (But in that case it would stutter but fps would still show up as 60 with only difference being an increase of frame time). Other issue might the fact that you have both HD graphics and Nvidia - HD could have taken a priority. It doesn't happen on a whim and it's unlikely problem on laptop (on PC people tinker with bios and sometimes forget to plug into graphics card and plug into motherboard instead =.= ). 

Disabling HD display drivers might help (in device manager . just don't do it through bios ) 

Another issue might be power settings - maybe both your NVIDIA and your laptop is running at power saver. 

How do I change the power settings for Nvidia? It won't allow me to enable power saver for windows. CPU usage doesn't exceed 35%

4 minutes ago, babywrath said:

You want to at least make sure you are using the Nvidia graphics card and not the intel one. Just right click on the desktop, open Nvidia control panel, find warframe and set the preferred graphics card to Nvidia. If its a PC then just set Nvidia to globally preferred. 

I did that a while ago and the issue persists. I've done it with both warframe.exe and warframe.x64.exe

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

try playing it full screened

I've tried that and it increases it temporarily and it drops down again.