Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any tips for completing my riven challenge?

(XBOX)BigQuadTodd

Question

8 answers to this question

If you cast an ability before Simaris message you, it will not count as used ability, so you can use Rhino Iron skin or Nezha Halo to not take any damages. You can also alternatively use Ivara's prowl with an efficiency and max energy pool build to stay invisible.

Since you can't use traps too, I recommand to use Zenistar with blast build to constantly stun the target. If you dont have it, you can try Orvius channeled shot or any high status fast melee with blast build.

Easy , what you do is take a tanky rhino skin build , when you spawn in mission , activate rhino skin really quickly. Take a huras kubrow or prisma shade then look for the target. After finding the target its all on your skills in scan him as quickly as possible because if your rhino skin runs out then you cannot recast it eitherwise you will fail it. 

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

Do you have to do it solo? Because if not someone can just use Ivara or Octavia and let you go invisible.

I've also had a challenge like this but I could take damage, so I don't really know. 

23 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

If you cast an ability before Simaris message you, it will not count as used ability, so you can use Rhino Iron skin or Nezha Halo to not take any damages. You can also alternatively use Ivara's prowl with an efficiency and max energy pool build to stay invisible.

Since you can't use traps too, I recommand to use Zenistar with blast build to constantly stun the target. If you dont have it, you can try Orvius channeled shot or any high status fast melee with blast build.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)jesuimaneribas said:

Easy , what you do is take a tanky rhino skin build , when you spawn in mission , activate rhino skin really quickly. Take a huras kubrow or prisma shade then look for the target. After finding the target its all on your skills in scan him as quickly as possible because if your rhino skin runs out then you cannot recast it eitherwise you will fail it. 

thanks guys, ill try this out later

OMG!! I never thought of Rhino skin avoiding damage or Ivara prowl!!!

I used concealed explosives Hikou Prime to kill all enemies without casting then actually had to evade the target and snap pics when i could. Took me 20+ resets cuz I kept getting hit. Swore off Simaris related rivens ever since. 

On 6/23/2017 at 3:26 AM, (Xbox One)TomTheImperator said:

My riven challenge is to perform synthesis on a simaris target but i cant use my abilities or traps, i have to have a hobbled key on, and worst of all, i cant take a single bit of damage. Also, I've tried to sell this but nobody wants it so i decided ill just complete the challenge

Try to equip with prisma shade, it will make u invisible for some seconds enough to scan him

Ivara's Prowl works the best for me as long as you activated Prowl right at the beginning of the mission.

Also, the scan target will not run if the enemies aren't alerted, so you do not need to use anything to prevent them from running away.

As for no damage taken, you probably just have to be careful.

I had a Riven with this task (but not the "no damage" part), and when I tried using a Prowl Ivara, it didn't work. I'd tried a couple of times before grabbing Ivara, so I knew what the failure pop-up looked like, and I didn't get it. However, when I got back to my ship, the Riven didn't unveil.

I ended up grabbing another frame and just running the mission with my scanner out. Every time I entered a room, I looked through it. Doing that causes Simaris to put a marker on the target well before you can see them. Once I had the marker, I just crept forward until I had line of sight, then did the scans from as far away as I could.

WWhy Ivara didn't work, I don't know, but I did want to mention that wasn't able to do it that way.