Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember accelerant

Fallen_Echo

So i decided to start to forma some of my less used frames when i came across Ember.

My old build was based on WoF purely and i decided to try to change some stuff and make an Accelerant build.

Well this was the plan until i noticed that Accelerant only increases base fire damage and has no effect on combined elements. 

Anybody can tell me why is this a thing? Im ok with the skill having a range and that minuscule stun is barely noticable but its fine.

Whats the reason behind it cannot increase fire based combined damage?

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

When you throw Gasoline on an enemy does poison gas suddenly become more potent on them? are their cells getting damaged more by radiation?

Are you really arguing here about realism when i can make beams of electricity deal viral damage or turn a flamethrower into a magnetic field dispenser or even better make it into a constant beam of explosion? 

7 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Are you really arguing here about realism when i can make beams of electricity deal viral damage or turn a flamethrower into a magnetic field dispenser or even better make it into a constant beam of explosion? 

Yes I am. it is the direction DE decided to go with this ability and its thematic to ember. be mad about it all you want. But you asked why, and you got your answer.

And a si-fi game is not a free pass to go f*** all X violates physics so Y SHOULD too.

it's in the ability description, it increase the heat damage enemies recieve, not heat,radiation,blast,gas

the easiest way to get the most out of it is to use the augment and if you want a weapon that use non elemental build (like a soma or other crit based weapons)

2 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

With max power strength you can melt sortie enemies with WoF after a few casts of accelerant, so I really can't complain. 

it's funnier with a fireball that blast them all, but yeah, with the right build she can wreck high lvl enemies with no problem
(what about a tigris prime/high damage sniper with max damage+ fire damage? i would really like to see the numbers on a lvl 100+ bombard)

If a weapon has Gas or Radiation as its base damage, add heat only, no other mod that creates combine elements involving Heat, when you activate Accelerent it'll boost all damages. It works for blast weapons, I know because I use the Zarr with Heat and Corrosive.

Edited by (PS4)Chaotic_Mayhem30

3 hours ago, (PS4)Chaotic_Mayhem30 said:

If a weapon has Gas or Radiation as its base damage, add heat only, no other mod that creates combine elements involving Heat, when you activate Accelerent it'll boost all damages. It works for blast weapons, I know because I use the Zarr with Heat and Corrosive.

4 hours ago, Ordosan said:

ive had no issues. it buffes all of embers abilities them selfs and all my weapons on here are combo + heat (viral heat ignis/ corrosive heat atomos)
and its not like the multiplier is weak or the stun is useless.

So if the weapon has any base element involving heat and i add in any heat mod it will work? Gonna test this out.

5 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

So if the weapon has any base element involving heat and i add in any heat mod it will work? Gonna test this out.

That's not what he said.  He was saying he runs weapons with innate heat or an innate combo element, then runs a combo element with heat damage as the final, meaning he has an elemental combo and heat.

On topic : I disagree.  Accelerant pairs well with Ember, provides her a form of CC (albeit short but it can be recasted), and pairs well with certain weapon types.  I've found it to, specifically, work well with shotguns when I run Blaze instead of Vicious spread and allow the fire to provide it's own damage along with another comboed elemental.  My tigris puts out something like 20k heat on its own, which accelerant then boosts into the stratosphere.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

1 minute ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

That's not what he said.  He was saying he runs weapons with innate heat, then runs a combo element with heat damage as the final, meaning he has an elemental combo and heat.

On topic : I disagree.  Accelerant pairs well with Ember, provides her a form of CC (albeit short but it can be recasted), and pairs well with certain weapon types.  I've found it to, specifically, work well with shotguns when I run Blaze instead of Vicious spread and allow the fire to provide it's own damage along with another comboed elemental.  My tigris puts out something like 20k heat on its own, which accelerant then boosts into the stratosphere.

when you are with max strenght and got a +180% fire damage on top of a 8x multiplier :redveil:the fire spreads :redveil:

Ember should have (and all other frames as well) theire own passive skill tree(s).

In case of ember, since fire is her 5 ☆ Top Mastery, she should be able to increase any fire source +10/20/30/40% and 25% to skills that does fire dmg.

- Elemental tranfers. Other elements add additional, if a fire mod EQed, 90% of theire stats into fire ect. No Aug!

Stuff like this is totaly missing.

------

To OP, it should work if your fire based mod is placed before other elements to push your skill. Well it doesnt. Indeed weired system. Not all skills can be used as they should...saddly.