Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fomorian Rewards

Kurambik

I'm not one that does this type of complaining usually, but having something with less than 5% drop chance that has to be farmed in only 3 days is too much to ask from the player base. Let us not forget that people have jobs/school/exams and hardly have the time to do 50+ runs (excluding the time to farm up isotopes). It is beyond the point where it's actually rewarding and from what I can see people are giving up on it and much rather see the relay get blown up.

I say either raise the drop chance to 10% per part (at least), extend the duration of the alert to 7 days, or else have the drop chances increase by n times for n million points.

DE's very probable response to this and other threads like it:

Hello there, Tenno!

We're pleased to say that the Fomorian event isn't a one-time deal. The Fomorians have come and gone several times already, and will continue to do so, so you and others will have many, many, MANY more opportunities to collect the components you need for building your Imperator Vandal after this current iteration of the event ends. You also have the option of trading for any parts you may lack after the event is over, if you'd like to try that route.

As always we appreciate your time and offering valuable feedback to us, and we'll definitely take it under consideration as we move forward from here.

Good luck, Tenno!

-[DE] Not Appearing In This Film

@Meta_Nexus holy cow that's accurate. You're probably right but I at least wanted to give my 2 cents on the matter. However what I will add is that in contrast to the Razorback alert that had 100% chance to drop something that is not endo (i.e. Gorgon Wraith and toxin mods) and then a couple of rares (i.e. Puncture mods and the archwing dual stats) felt far more incentivising to farm for the rares even though they were still a pain to get and the player base did not let the relay blow up. I think that making the Imperator an equivalent of the Gorgon and put the dual-stat mods as rares would have been a better construction of the reward table.

25 minutes ago, Meta_Nexus said:

Hello there, Tenno!

We're pleased to say that the Fomorian event isn't a one-time deal. The Fomorians have come and gone several times already, and will continue to do so, so you and others will have many, many, MANY more opportunities to collect the components you need for building your Imperator Vandal after this current iteration of the event ends. You also have the option of trading for any parts you may lack after the event is over, if you'd like to try that route.

As always we appreciate your time and offering valuable feedback to us, and we'll definitely take it under consideration as we move forward from here.

Good luck, Tenno!

Do you write DE's responses? cause holy crap that is...accurate.

3 hours ago, Meta_Nexus said:

Hello there, Tenno!

Good luck, Tenno!

Well, as far as I remember, they hotfix'd the droprate of Gorgon W Parts during the last Razorback event, so we may still hope.

Even though I'm nearly sure this Fomorian will be eradicated by the time I get off work today...

Whether it's changed or not, the fact is that statistically speaking a drop chance of 2% means ~50 expected tries and a variance of ~2450 (so it's give or take 49 at the very most putting the average-worst case scenario at about ~100 runs) when taking drop rates to follow a geometric probability distribution. All this limited by a 3 day period.

If we farm Omega Isotopes (my physics teacher's head just exploded) on Hieracon, we earn the required amount much faster than we earn the required amount of Cryotic.
Conclusion: apparently we have too much stockpiled Cryotic. 

I'm not going to lose any sleep over an Archwing weapon, but yeah, my inner completionist is a bit disappointed at the abysmal drop rates.