Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

unable to connect to any players after Chains of Harrow

IFHQ

18 hours ago, LordMace2001 said:

Really have to wonder if they will ever fix this 

Well the problem that you're having is different than other people here, they can join session fine, but game freezes for too long causing the host to drop them. If you send me your EE.log file I'll try to see what's causing your problems.

On 7/5/2017 at 5:51 PM, Synx-Synx said:

I'm also getting this issue, if I could get instructions to deliver my EE.log ill do it immediately after I replicate the issue

On 7/5/2017 at 9:20 PM, Theocomix said:

I would like the instructions as well. 

Starting today I haven't been able to connect to random squads, it just says "please wait" for 15 seconds and nothing happens, and when I host it's vise versa.

Open your Appdata folder and find the log inside the Warframe folder inside the Local Appdata folder, this can be done one of two ways.

1.- Press Windows Key + R, then in the search box, type %appdata%. Then go one folder up until you have the actual appdata folder open, and open the "Local" folder. Go down until you find Warframe, then open that folder and find the log.

2.- Go to your computer's C: Drive. Go to Users > (find your account name) > (This next step might be dodgy on some computers, because you'll need to turn on hidden extensions in the view panel) AppData > Local > Warframe.

Send the EE.log folder to the dev in this thread.

I have this same problem. Since the update, I can solo a map, but staying connected during the start of a map with a squad almost never happens. Sometimes if I say "Yes" to the "Reconnect with squad" dialog, I get connected and stay connected. I sometimes had this disconnect problem before, but not nearly as frequently as now. My suspicion is that there is something new in the map rendering that is causing enough lag during the start of the map that the hosting code thinks I've dropped. Kuva Fortress and Earth are almost impossible to get into. Saturn and the Void are easier. Maybe the hard maps have more detail, which takes longer to load?

I checked that UPnP is enabled on my router, and UDP ports 4950 and 4955 are forwarded to the PC playing the game. Are there any new ports that need to be set up?

I found "EE.txt" in my AppData/.../Warframe folder. Is that the log? Can I clear it in some way before reproducing the problem? I'm trying to produce a log that is a focused as possible.

Are there any settings I can change that would increase the value of the logged data? A verbose mode?

If there is a specific phrase in the log that you'd like me to find a way to produce a lot of examples of, let me know.

I'm a Software Engineer, with a lot of networking experience. If you'd like me to provide pcap (Wireshark) files of a failing session, I can.

On 6/29/2017 at 2:59 AM, DrPinkieDIe said:

Just as it says, after the Chains of Harrow Update its completley impossible for me to connect to any public games already in progress, Its really starting to worry me, cause I love playing with randos, anyone else having this issue?

I once encountered a similar issue, a long time ago; I could very, VERY rarely connect to Peer2Peer games, even though the ones I could join often had perfect ping(or as perfect of a ping as I could get on the wi-fi I was running at the time)

the tl;dr of the issue is, my router/modem(it was a combo unit) was so outdated that my ISP no longer supported it; it worked, but certain things were either slow or wouldn't connect, especially P2P connections. Hopefully this isn't your issue, but if your router is rather old, you may want to check with your ISP to make sure it is still supported.

Hopefully it's just a little bug in the code of warframe that's dropping the threads of certain players' data though.

6 hours ago, ProBlameO said:

I have this same problem. Since the update, I can solo a map, but staying connected during the start of a map with a squad almost never happens. Sometimes if I say "Yes" to the "Reconnect with squad" dialog, I get connected and stay connected. I sometimes had this disconnect problem before, but not nearly as frequently as now. My suspicion is that there is something new in the map rendering that is causing enough lag during the start of the map that the hosting code thinks I've dropped. Kuva Fortress and Earth are almost impossible to get into. Saturn and the Void are easier. Maybe the hard maps have more detail, which takes longer to load?

I checked that UPnP is enabled on my router, and UDP ports 4950 and 4955 are forwarded to the PC playing the game. Are there any new ports that need to be set up?

I found "EE.txt" in my AppData/.../Warframe folder. Is that the log? Can I clear it in some way before reproducing the problem? I'm trying to produce a log that is a focused as possible.

Are there any settings I can change that would increase the value of the logged data? A verbose mode?

If there is a specific phrase in the log that you'd like me to find a way to produce a lot of examples of, let me know.

I'm a Software Engineer, with a lot of networking experience. If you'd like me to provide pcap (Wireshark) files of a failing session, I can.

Send the whole thing.

I've had no issues loading into games but have been periodically kicked to login screen. In groups not solo and tends to be in defenses so far. Stable internet no disconnections for anything else. No message at all about why it happened checked the ingame "Analyze Network" and it found no issues. Will send a ticket with my EE log (not sure how I can send it in a message here) .The screen has frozen before it happens but only for a half second to a second at most. Only thing so far in common with when its happened that I've noticed has been large numbers of enemies on screen at the same time with multiple warframe effects simultaneously. 

Edited by -BA-Dyinglight

On 7/8/2017 at 9:08 AM, Yobobs01 said:

Send the EE.log folder to the dev in this thread.

How? I open a message and there is a button to "Insert other media". I don't seem to have an option to choose the EE.log file to attach in there. I don't have any "attachments" to choose from, and I don't know how to add new "attachments".

Edited by ProBlameO

12 hours ago, ProBlameO said:

How? I open a message and there is a button to "Insert other media". I don't seem to have an option to choose the EE.log file to attach in there. I don't have any "attachments" to choose from, and I don't know how to add new "attachments".

I just copypasted the text from the log into the message. I, too, have no clue as to how you add media.

On 6/30/2017 at 0:15 PM, Huppa said:

After a bit of detective work I've come to the conclusion that much of this has to do with the lag in Peer connectivity related to Firewall settings in Windows and it's not just the proper port access for the game.

I set all the ports correctly so the Strict NAT settings were cleared and it had no effect. Then I discovered that the Inbound/Outbound rules were a bit scrambled and made no sense to me since the profiles for every instance of Warframe listed in the rules were all set to "Public" access only and did not include "Private" or "Domain" networks. I have no idea why or how this setting is this way and I'm no computer wizard but I set all of the instances related to the game listed in both Inbound and Outbound rules so that all of the network types were checked, hit "apply" and retried the game. It worked! Well . . . sort of.

While I still experienced host migrations and broken sessions that left me back aboard my ship, the frequency went from 100% broken to about 10% and I could play again with only a little frustration. I also noticed that the later in the day it got and into the wee hours of the morning the frequency increased which leads me to think that this increase in frequency is because as distance between the most active time zones and myself increased so does the latency. This may not be a perfect fix but it does work for the most part. There is still a lot of lag in the game but it varies from group to group and has little or nothing to do with rendering or graphics processing.

Here's the path to access the Firewall Rules for Windows 10. Just remember to only change the settings related to Warframe so you don't wind up naked and exposed to the world. (I'm sure there is a better pathway but, as I said, I'm no computer wizard.)

Settings / Search Firewall / Windows Firewall / Advanced Settings / Inbound Rules / Warframe (there will be several) / Right Click and select Properties / Advanced / Check each of the network type boxes in "Profiles" / Click "Apply" at the bottom of this window. Once this is done for each instance of Warframe in "Inbound Rules" you need to repeat the steps again in the "Outbound Rules" section.

Hope this helps! Cheers!:smile:

OMG, this helps. Doesn't fix he prob, but makes the game playable

K so apparently similar problem happened to the internet cafe / Lan shop i used to frequent. 

Description : Loading into game with other people will disconnect user from the rest of the squad, doesn't matter if user is host or not. Loading will always fail when there's other people loading as well, but joining a game in progress (or someone else joins if user is host) works fine most of the time.

Solution (temporary) : Disabled both Direct X options from WF launcher settings. So far it works. Still some dc here and there but it works most of the time.

The problem only starts appearing recently, so its most likely related to Harrow patches.

Still experiencing this bug, but I've gotten a little ritual that helps a bit. See, the game only boots me when I'm joining onto other players; those who join after I'm in-game cause no issue. So, I turned my "minimum ping" setting way down to make the game take longer to try to find groups, and whenever possible I hammer "Wait for players" -> "Play Now" in the upper-left corner. This ensures I'm not matchmade into an existing instance (which would always boot me) and then it's just a matter of waiting an additional 3-5 minutes for others to load in before starting the objective if it's something hard for an MR6 to solo, like Defense or Interception.