Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My potato weeps with the new update...

Escherionix

This is horrendous. Warframe just cannot be played anymore, and I can't do anything about it because my current financial situation doesn't really allow for much room to upgrade my PC. The update made it so standing around in your ship,doing nothing at all takes a big part of my RAM and it ends up crashing...(notice the difference in ram consumption,disregard the fps)

BEFORE the update:

KXpX3LT.jpg

AFTER the update:

3Mpe3yI.jpg

I don't know why the ship is now taking so much more RAM while just idling,I can't play at all as the game can't go 20 mins without crashing. EVERYTHING is on low and EVERYTHING is disabled.

Edited by Escherionix
pictures weren't shown correctly

I am on the same situation now. the game even crashes during the start of Harrow's quest and I can't listen back to the prologue anymore, and wherever I try to load in the first mission of the quest, it crashes as well.

The funny thing is, access to navigation, arsenal and even entering mission and dojo crashes my game as well. I lost track of how many times I've been restarting the game over and over again. I don't think I'll get into the game before it got hotfixed. After the update, the game uses more VRam, and RAM than before, even idling in orbiter drops my fps from 50fps to 25fps, that's half of what I usually used to lol.

All I'm seeing is better frame rates AFTER the update..... wouldn't be surprised if thats why you have more memory being used too. 

And I'm going to be blunt.... there comes a point in every pc's life where it realises that it just can't do the things it could a few updates ago.... games move on and use newer techniques that these old potatoes just can't manage.

Wow... so that is the reason why I cannot even start the game. Crashed at either password login screen or immediately after logged in.

I haven't even finish sortie 3 cos I am waiting for first mission win for 200k credit... and the booster is finishing soon in a few hours time. Needless to say sortie will be resetting soon too. Sigh...

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

And I'm going to be blunt.... there comes a point in every pc's life where it realises that it just can't do the things it could a few updates ago.... games move on and use newer techniques that these old potatoes just can't manage.

Yes everyone knows that but the thing is if things are getting heavier or even forsaking lower-end system, then DE should inform players way beforehand. Steve even said in devstream that the earth remastered won't affect performance. 

Edited by kyori

It sounds like the increased RAM usage has pushed you into virtual memory (hard disk) which has pummelled the frame rate. Unfortunately if they want to improve the game they do have to push older potatoes harder to the point where the bottom of the pile are going to start having issues. I would guess dropping a few pennies on some new RAM would help though and of all upgrades that should be pretty much the cheapest.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Yes everyone knows that but the thing is if things are getting heavier or even forsaking lower-end system, then DE should inform players way beforehand. Steve even said in devstream that the earth remastered won't affect performance. 

It won't show all the new stuff at lower settings.... the earth rework is only going to be visible on the higher or highest settings. 

But then to be fair I've been saying for ages we need to up the minimum specs for the game.....

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Wow... so that is the reason why I cannot even start the game. Crashed at either password login screen or immediately after logged in.

That sounds like a completely different issue to the earth rework imo.... not to mention we ALL had issues a few days ago with logging in.