Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove MR Tests

And if you cant git gud move on like 100's do all the time, after all it's not like the community is getting large amounts of new players daily. Not like people who are facing test blocks are going to invest money when they get discouraged. Either way its f2p and there are lots of them out there, if they don't feel they can progress here there is always another game to play.

This test actually helped me stop leveling MR at Hydron or Akkad and get better at parkour movement. I feel test I feel is essential in learning basic movement in warframe. I used Loki and a Soma Prime. I practiced it multiple times until I could do it every single time at Cephalon Simaris. 

Bullet Jump, Aim glide should become natural for you. 

The mastery tests are great ways to teach newer players the nuances of the game-play (that is otherwise lacking any instruction in), however they tend to come long after you have had the need to learn those nuances.  

In most cases they aren't that difficult (physical limitations aside) and rarely a 'test of skill' at all, so much as a "jump through this hoop".  This is to the extent that players cant be presumed to have a certain skill level or knowledge of play in the game as a whole just because they are a higher mastery rank. Thus at the end of the day it makes the mastery rank meaningless as anything other than "player has leveled this much gear", it is not even an indication they have actually used that gear.

The tests really just need a reworking into a tutorial system to help the game cover all the basics, while making the game-play itself be the actual hurdles (like the Solar Rail tasks actually provide).

Edited by Loswaith

On 7/10/2017 at 10:55 PM, Loswaith said:

The mastery tests are great ways to teach newer players the nuances of the game-play (that is otherwise lacking any instruction in), however they tend to come long after you have had the need to learn those nuances.  

In most cases they aren't that difficult (physical limitations aside) and rarely a 'test of skill' at all, so much as a "jump through this hoop".  This is to the extent that players cant be presumed to have a certain skill level or knowledge of play in the game as a whole just because they are a higher mastery rank. Thus at the end of the day it makes the mastery rank meaningless as anything other than "player has leveled this much gear", it is not even an indication they have actually used that gear.

The tests really just need a reworking into a tutorial system to help the game cover all the basics, while making the game-play itself be the actual hurdles (like the Solar Rail tasks actually provide).

Agreed they would of helped if it were more a tutorial then a road block in the game. I like the idea of actual game play as the hurdles then some rofl joke test. Either way Mastery tests are a joke and 1/2 the crap you "learn" from them is roflyfao, you don't use.

Sorry, unacceptable. I was stuck on this test for like 2 months way before Tatiana was out. Most the time MR rank means little in the game, there are plenty of other weapons you can use that require no or quite low MR if you are wanting to just max stuff. I used Zypher to complete this one and even then it took some tries. Tatiana is just cheating for this one lol.

1 hour ago, Igneous-Tyr said:

Sorry, unacceptable. I was stuck on this test for like 2 months way before Tatiana was out. Most the time MR rank means little in the game, there are plenty of other weapons you can use that require no or quite low MR if you are wanting to just max stuff. I used Zypher to complete this one and even then it took some tries. Tatiana is just cheating for this one lol.

Ya I max frames and weapons and I don't have issues. I have a Zypher also just started grinding her out does that mean I am going to do a mastery test nope no reason too I do level 40-60 stuff with my clan all the time so really Mastery tests and top end weapons are not needed for what I do. I am sure just grinding the frames will keep me occupied till Anthem comes out.

Edited by Devils_Toybox

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

by the time you get to mr10  you should be done with the strange quest.  if you got to cephalon simaris you must know you can go practice mr tests from there.  and if thats too much to let sink in there are too many content creators uploading the tests. 

Why bother as its been said time and time again MR test advancements offer nothing a level 8 can do the same stuff a lvl 30 can if they have the same weapons MR means nothing in this game other then you get more trades a day at level 30. The whole idea behind them is great if you actually progressed, they are nothing more then discouraging LOL jokes. I just stopped doing them they do not affect game play what so ever. The whole idea behind them would be great if they were more a tutorial to actually teach people how to do something not punish you for failing.

For those who say MR doesn't matter, remember that having high rank comes with many benefits.
More trades per day was already mentioned.

• More syndicate daily rep available. Having 25000 instead of 10000 makes a world of difference how much sooner you can buy their relics/weapons/mods/etc. 
  • You can hold more fissure traces. 600 vs 1300 ?  No contest. When new relics are released, I can make 13 of them radiant right away.
  • Riven mods are MR locked. I've seen some with MR16 requirement.
  • More loadout slots.

In the long run, having high MR saves you time. You have to do tasks once while a low MR player has to do them multiple times for the same effect.

On 7/23/2017 at 3:15 PM, MystMan said:

For those who say MR doesn't matter, remember that having high rank comes with many benefits.

• More syndicate daily rep available. Having 25000 instead of 10000 makes a world of difference how much sooner you can buy their relics/weapons/mods/etc. 
  • You can hold more fissure traces. 600 vs 1300 ?  No contest. When new relics are released, I can make 13 of them radiant right away.
  • More loadout slots.

In the long run, having high MR saves you time. You have to do tasks once while a low MR player has to do them multiple times for the same effect.

Yep 90% of the player base wont even spend the 100000 rep they already have most sell that rep, plat stupid easy to make in this game so really items like fissure traces are lol. Can farm out relics so easy in this game its lol. Rives yep there locked know what most people do with them yep ch-ching plat in the bank yep sell em. Frame and weapon slots stupid cheap to buy and as far as trades go I can't make up more then 2 or 3 sets a day to sell so I really don't need more then what I have. And lets face it if your selling low quality for a few P a day your not making any P anyways. 

On 7/4/2017 at 10:00 PM, (Xbox One)Ravencr0ss said:

Perhaps remove was the wrong word. It just should not be a hard stop gate. Perhaps if there was a mechanic to allow you two purchase a skip on certain tests with Platinum after so many fails. Thank you for the video that looks more doable with my range of motion.

Wow. Plats. No. Very much no. How lazy. lol

However, congrats on passing, I have issues with twitching and I have difficulty even seeing since they changed the MR tests into the ugly things they are today so thankfully I only have one to go for now, but every test is doable with some patience, even for stumbling nubs like me.

As an aside, I wish titania was around when I did this one har har.

On 7/23/2017 at 5:15 PM, MystMan said:

• More loadout slots.

Also starting mod points on weapons/frames being leveled.

On 7/23/2017 at 9:28 AM, Devils_Toybox said:

Why bother as its been said time and time again MR test advancements offer nothing a level 8 can do the same stuff a lvl 30 can if they have the same weapons MR means nothing in this game other then you get more trades a day at level 30. The whole idea behind them is great if you actually progressed, they are nothing more then discouraging LOL jokes. I just stopped doing them they do not affect game play what so ever. The whole idea behind them would be great if they were more a tutorial to actually teach people how to do something not punish you for failing.

OK, so MR doesn't matter to you, but you're still arguing about the test and how you'll just quit because you can't progress through a system that you also claim to not care about?

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Also starting mod points on weapons/frames being leveled.

OK, so MR doesn't matter to you, but you're still arguing about the test and how you'll just quit because you can't progress through a system that you also claim to not care about?

Nothing to argue about its a f2p game 100's of them out there, missing nothing at all if you do or don't do them its that simple. You can do end game stuff at mastery rank 10, simple fact is MR is a road block might only be a 24 hour road block but its a block in the end and it will and has pushed players away. Now you may not care if people get frustrated and leave but in the end people leave. Maybe there is something to the rumors about PS/4 being shut down due to lack of players, think that perhaps one of the reason people move on is because even though its a great game people get frustrated and its very repetitive?

49 minutes ago, Devils_Toybox said:

Nothing to argue about its a f2p game 100's of them out there, missing nothing at all if you do or don't do them its that simple. You can do end game stuff at mastery rank 10, simple fact is MR is a road block might only be a 24 hour road block but its a block in the end and it will and has pushed players away. Now you may not care if people get frustrated and leave but in the end people leave. Maybe there is something to the rumors about PS/4 being shut down due to lack of players, think that perhaps one of the reason people move on is because even though its a great game people get frustrated and its very repetitive?

That cleared up nothing.  You're claiming it's a roadblock that you're really, really concerned about, but you simultaneously don't care about MR because you can do anything you want at rank 10.  So, which is it?  Is it important or isn't it?  You can't have it both ways.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

That cleared up nothing.  You're claiming it's a roadblock that you're really, really concerned about, but you simultaneously don't care about MR because you can do anything you want at rank 10.  So, which is it?  Is it important or isn't it?  You can't have it both ways.

Nope its not important to me at all, but then again if I don't invested money in warframe if I did I it might actually care. Either way could care less because like I said before 100's of free to play fps games out there to choose from, and already moved on to bigger and newer things! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 11:13 AM, MagPrime said:

It would be nice if there was an alternate MR test option.  

Not only for people with physical limitations but just for the sake of variety.

Ya but they actually discriminate against people who do have say nerve damage or poor hand to eye control. I would like to see a better system in place for people with disabilities myself only because I was in a accident with a Swift truck and got hit and I do have nerve damage in my left arm so some of the tests I will never be able to do.

Yes I agreed. 

Mastery rank tests need to be removed.

Mastery Rank Tests just not fun and failing the mastery rank tests then have to wait 24 hour just plain annoying.

Personally I failed mastery rank tests then pass but the feeling of failing can be emotional drain on a person.

If there were options to spend platinum to reduce time, increase 50% a chance to pass the tests, or spend real money to automatically pass the mastery rank tests.

This is my opinion and some Tenno May agreed and some Tenno may not.

DE please add a option to auto complete mastery rank tests unless the numbers of the community agrees to remove mastery rank tests.

DE add mastery rank tests to keep players from rushing the game and keep players to grind.

I am stuck on mastery rank 17 tests. Personally I think mastery rank tests should be more rewarding. 

When actually pass a mastery rank tests can feel awesome but when failing a tests then have to wait 24 hour it feel like my world just came down crashing. 

I think if DE allow players to retake the mastery rank tests immediately would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

No they just need to remove them or overhaul them, because for the simple fact they in fact is they do discriminate against disabled players which if they checked into the 21st century communications and video act and the way a judge could interpret the law it could get ugly.

Edited by Devils_Toybox

1 hour ago, Devils_Toybox said:

No they just need to remove them or overhaul them, because for the simple fact they in fact is they do discriminate against disabled players which if they checked into the 21st century communications and video act and the way a judge could interpret the law it could get ugly.

Oh will you just stop with the discrimination labeling, this is insulting and very petty.

There is only so much of how a videogame can be designed to tend to those with a handicap, there are limits.
Have you tried using controllers specially made for people with disability?
Did you know that Naughty Dog (makers of Uncharted) added features to their games on behest of D.A.G.E.R. ? Such organisations exist.

You're not trying to meet anybody midway here in a mature way, you're just deflecting your anger towards everybody else.
Can you make a difference to make gaming more accessible?  yes.  But try that without throwing a tantrum doing nothing and instead reach out, do something.
Because right now you're doing nothing but complain and expect everything to just fall on your lap.

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

Oh will you just stop with the discrimination labeling, this is insulting and very petty.

There is only so much of how a videogame can be designed to tend to those with a handicap, there are limits.
Have you tried using controllers specially made for people with disability?
Did you know that Naughty Dog (makers of Uncharted) added features to their games on behest of D.A.G.E.R. ? Such organisations exist.

You're not trying to meet anybody midway here in a mature way, you're just deflecting your anger towards everybody else.
Can you make a difference to make gaming more accessible?  yes.  But try that without throwing a tantrum doing nothing and instead reach out, do something.
Because right now you're doing nothing but complain and expect everything to just fall on your lap.

Why yes I looked into those controllers but they do nothing for people with nerve damage. The problem with me is even though my brain says space bar it might take a second or two for my hand to register that I want to use the space bar.  As far as the labeling then you tell me what it is, you might not have a problem doing MR tests but what about people who can't physically do them yet there is no alternative? 

15 minutes ago, Devils_Toybox said:

As far as the labeling then you tell me what it is, you might not have a problem doing MR tests but what about people who can't physically do them yet there is no alternative? 

Then depending on the disability, there sometimes is no alternative. It's that direct. 
If nobody came up with a way for people  with your specific disability to play fast-paced videogames, then there simply isn't one or it has yet to be invented.

Going around proclaiming discrimination and legal threats is the worst way to handle it.

Life can be tough with disabilities but we can only do so much to alleviate them. There is no fix-it solution for everything.

Don't tell me there is no alternatives really sure there is always a alternative if you were disabled you would understand that but its quite apparent that you are not. If you actually read the post's above you would see so many good suggestions on how to enhance MR. So here are 5 stupid simple fixes to the issue with MR. 

1.) Remove the MR tests and put in a liner leveling systems like 1000's of other games have. 

2.) Allow people to actually use frames abilities in MR tests, after all kind of the point to the game is the frames and their abilities. 

3.) Stop locking weapons relays and mods behind MR levels.

4.) Give the option for players to bypass either with tokens they earned in the game or being able to purchase a pass with platinum. 

5.) Give players the option to do them and actually get rewards that have exclusive items players can use i.e. MR rare mods, MR weapon skins could even do a MR frame,