Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for playing Nova

(PSN)xGolden_spiderx

Question

Still new to the game and after farming the Raptor for the blueprints (which was tedious even with the Hek) and now just waiting 72 hours for Nova to be finished.

Just wondering if there's anything I should know in general about Nova or playing as Nova as my only other warframe I like playing as is Loki.

6 answers to this question

Her 4 is one of the best croud control abilites in game. It doesnt scale with range but duration. Her 2 is very powerfull and its range is fixed. Bring with you a good gun that can deal damage, not critical damage since you cans score crits on her 2. She isnt very tanky so be on the move all the time. Try to have the ult all the time to slow enemies but dont spam it. If its high duration you can afford to not cast it for at least 5s after it ends. Use your 2 to kill groups of enemies since with few shots you can kill almost anything up to very high level enemies.

If you like her, try to get the prime. Prime version is strickly better. And even if she is vaulted, she is cheap, on warframe market (website for trading) it goes for 175p. Even if you dont have platinum, easy way to get it is to farm relics and then open them for prime parts to sell them, either to people that want them or to people that need ducats (a currency used to buy stuff from Barro).

On other tips, go to her page in warframe wiki to learn how exacly your abilites work.

Edited by Xardis

You can build her to (for her 4th skill, Molecular Prime) slow or fasten the enemies speed. Especially for mob def, hijack, defense and interception. Her Wormhole could be used for teleporting dudes and spy; teleporting between laser.  Her Antimatter Drop could be used to gather hella lot damage from yourself, allies and enemies and let drop/explode it to your enemies. Her 1st Null Star skill kinda useless, but I use it only to alert me for enemy that stray too close. She's extremely useful for any type of missions.

Edited by .LeiA._
add more words

Nova is all about her 4 ability. Molecular Prime. Your power strength % determines wether your enemies are slowed, sped up, or simply primed for 2x damage. 

Positive power strength will slow enemies. It caps out at 75% speed reduction. I believe you need 145% power strength to hit the slow % cap. 

To speed speed up your foes, you'll need negative power strength %. The only way to do this at the moment, is with the use of Overextended. This is a corrupted mod that grants power range, at the cost of power strength. 

The main stat I would recommend focusing on would be power duration. The more you have, the longer Molecular Prime will expand. Many new players confuse the importance of her range, and duration, thinking they need range instead. 

Lastly, the survivability mod I recommend using on her would be Quick Thinking. It's a mod that stops fatal damage, and takes energy instead of killing you when you run out of health. Quick Thinking, mixed with primed flow can get you a long ways on nova. She's a bit of a glass cannon so to speak. 

There's a really nice syndicate augment for Antimatter Drop, Antimatter Absorb; it works as a front shield and helps offset Nova's squishyness. Shotguns are great to quickly charge Antimatter Drop. I prefer building for efficiency, you don't need to slow stuff 2 rooms away, max duration Nova's aren't very welcome on low level defense missions, the default duration is sufficient. Having lots of energy for abilities + Quick Thinking keeps Nova alive.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

There's a really nice syndicate augment for Antimatter Drop, Antimatter Absorb; it works as a front shield and helps offset Nova's squishyness. Shotguns are great to quickly charge Antimatter Drop. I prefer building for efficiency, you don't need to slow stuff 2 rooms away, max duration Nova's aren't very welcome on low level defense missions, the default duration is sufficient. Having lots of energy for abilities + Quick Thinking keeps Nova alive.

This. Duration built Novas are great, but they aren't the be-all end-all of builds for her. Tweak your builds and see what you like. Most people run duration because it's useful, survivable, and easy to use. However, it's not the only build for her and full duration Novas in some missions just slow them down to a crawl. Just have fun with her ^-^