The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction Kill Squads Getting Annoying

Ferah_Frithu

Dia dhuit,

Here I am, with yet another thing you could consider a rant. So, the issue I'm having is, that I am being pestered by faction kill squads in every single mission. Seriously, what's the point? It doesn't matter whether I obliterate them in seconds or get annihilated by them in seconds. They always come back. The most annoying one being from New Loka, where I find myself leveling new weapons, and thus I don't have any one of my powerful weapons with me, and suddenly I'm surrounded by ancients. When I'm already in rather heated battles, I don't really pay attention to any notifications, and that flickering just goes by unnoticed. I find myself stripped of my energy, my shields and watch my health go down rapidly. It's just not fun anymore, especially on lvl40+ missions.

In my opinion, the factions should reconsider trying to have you killed, when you utterly destroy their petty squads/platoons in a few seconds. It should take away a lot of the negative affinity towards them, reducing the likeliness of them attacking you again, or else it's just a perpetual circle jerk, with me getting the worst of it. The other option would be, to have the negative affinity reset, after they successfully kill you. After all, the Stalker won't come after you for the same mark twice either.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this? Am I just too nitpicky here?

Edited by Ferah_Frithu

i decided to be friend with new loka after their death squad killed me everytime, all the others are not such a big problem and recently i'm not finding them that often

funny thing: i was helping a friend that needed to kill an eximus for a junction, we had hard time finding one but we did it, the mission after that a cephalon suda kill squad full of eximus tried to kill me and my friend, low level mission, those corrupted drones didn't even know what happened

I vote for a reassignment of Zanuka Hunter and GR3, personnaly. Syndic death squads are funny, (up to be officially reworked btw, devs admit that token systems and latest quests don't give much sense to them anymore. I mean, have you ever been attacked by a Perrin Sequence death squad while doing a mission for...Erdo Glast ? Yeah, it's an interesting experience) but i love GR3. I want more lunatic grineer gunzerk death squad in my missions.

Edited by Stonehenge

Well, the point of my rant is not to criticize the 'thing' itself. I have no issues having those sent after me, as they make you rethink which faction to side with (and serve as XP fodder). They aren't even hard to fight, not even the New Loka ones, if you see/hear them coming. Especially not with a maxed crit Vectis or something similiar. My complaint is more aimed towards the rate of which they spawn. There is no logical reason to send in platoon after platoon, only to have them killed almost instantaneously. That's just a waste of resources, from a lore perspective. Why waste hundreds of soldiers/troops daily?

I just would like to have this mechanic reworked. Make it so that killing off an entire platoon of their troops makes them rethink their decisions and make each faction (depending on the squad you killed) hesitating in attacking you again, unless you piss them off again, by working against them/helping their enemies.

Also, the type of enemy shouldn't be the outermost limit of what those factions can come up with. That's just bonkers, especially for new player, because honestly, people below a certain MR should not be attacked by a death-boss murder-king ancient eximus platoon, who can kill you without even touching you.

My proposition would be something like this (just as an example):

• MR 0 - MR3 ---> None (or lower level enemies/types of enemies (Lvl 5-12))
  • MR4 - MR7 ---> Medium level enemies (Lvl. 15-25) such as ordinary MOA/Charger/Ancient squads, without the insta-energy-drain bonus (aka 'Eximus')
  • MR8 - MR11 ---> Higher level enemy squads (Lvl. 25-35) with some eximus types mixed in (not composed exclusively of such)
  • MR12 - MR15 ---> High level enemies (Lvl. 40-60)

The levels shouldn't be influenced much by the level of the enemies in the mission area, as that would make it quite pointless for someone who does his first ventures into territories above level 20. From then on, keep mixing in more eximus enemies, and raise the level of the kill squad with each MR. Maybe even add mini-boss fights, such as having Phorid spawn as a kill squad equivalent, if you've done goof'd hard with New Loka.

That would be way more interesting and 'predictable' (more like "being able to be prepared for them") than the current system. Also, this would grant long-term players/endgame players a suitable challenge.

Because we can access for Syndicate when we reach to the some Mastery Rank, it is nothing wrong that we have an assassin squad. Actually it is not so impressive for the most times too unless all three weapons you have and the warframe are low ranked. Even if so, if you have a teammate it is not so hard to dispatch them. I, personally, see them as a threat only on the nightmare mission, and even in there it is not so hard to remove them.

But the problem OP suggests seems, why we have to meet them all the times, without the limit of number unlike Stalker, Zanuka Hunter, and G3, and I do think that it is a reasonable thought, even consider the weakness of the assassin squad, and it is not so common to see more than two times in a day just for target you(if you also counting the assassins aim for the other teammate, you can see more often, though).

So what about something like this?

The number of sending assassin squad is limited by 3 per one day, per each faction, or the number is depend on the minus rank, so 3 per one day for rank -1 and 5 per one day for rank -2, for example.

I wonder that it impacts much though. I didn't see a single faction haunts me more than two times in a day. -_-;;

I can see for a new player Death Squads would be a problem but even when I have a arsenal full of rank 0 gear New Loka gives me no issue. So maybe Death Squads difficulty should scale with Mastery Rank like another poster suggested.