Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Equinox maim build?

Honintoman

Question

My Equinox has been forma'd twice and she works quite well for what she does. Looking over the primed mods baro sells, I can't see any that would be a good replacement for any of the mods I have on her currently. Is there any better build for her, or do you reckon this does a good enough job?

7871a05a24cfe4fa80876e0788103077.jpg

14 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Honintoman said:

My Equinox has been forma'd twice and she works quite well for what she does. Looking over the primed mods baro sells, I can't see any that would be a good replacement for any of the mods I have on her currently. Is there any better build for her, or do you reckon this does a good enough job?

7871a05a24cfe4fa80876e0788103077.jpg

replace steel fiber redirection fortitude armored agility vigor and coaction drift. choose 1 survivability mod if you really feel like u need it.  you really need mods like prime continuity and prime flow....also this build does everything a bit but its not good enough imo. if you need help just quote me and ill reply with answers to your questions

Edited by (PS4)maso_sage-mode

5 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

replace steel fiber redirection fortitude armored agility vigor and coaction drift. choose 1 survivability mod if you really feel like u need it.  you really need mods like prime continuity and prime flow....also this build does everything a bit but its not good enough imo. if you need help just quote me and ill reply with answers to your questions

What do you suggest I replace those mods with? I'll be trying to get my hands on some baro mods on his next rotation, flow will be getting replaced with primed flow. 

You have way too many mods geared around health and armour.   Equinox is not a tank as you can see from the pitiful health and armour values listed in your screen shot *after* those mods are applied to her base stats.

Take off: steel fiber, armored agility, vigor, redirection and fortitude ASAP.  Replace redirection with vitality or quick thinking - which you use is personal preference.

In all of the other mods slots that are now open focus on mods that apply to your powers because Equinox is a power based frame.  For a maim build you want max range so add an overextended and efficiency so streamline and fleeting expertise.  After that adding some power strength (intensify) and/or duration (continuity) is good.  You don't need those really for maim, but you don't want to gimp your other powers either.  You will use them.

1 minute ago, Honintoman said:

What do you suggest I replace those mods with? I'll be trying to get my hands on some baro mods on his next rotation, flow will be getting replaced with primed flow. 

for a basic maim build u need more range, more duration , more efficiency. im speaking about a very basic maim build. you should get prime continuity and flow as priorities over everything from the void trader

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You have way too many mods geared around health and armour.   Equinox is not a tank as you can see from the pitiful health and armour values listed in your screen shot *after* those mods are applied to her base stats.

Take off: steel fiber, armored agility, vigor, redirection and fortitude ASAP.  Replace redirection with vitality or quick thinking - which you use is personal preference.

In all of the other mods slots that are now open focus on mods that apply to your powers because Equinox is a power based frame.  For a maim build you want max range so add an overextended and efficiency so streamline and fleeting expertise.  After that adding some power strength (intensify) and/or duration (continuity) is good.  You don't need those really for maim, but you don't want to gimp your other powers either.  You will use them.

Ah thank you!! I'll test out a build with those guidelines, that's a great help.

Just to clarify a few things here:

Power Strength only helps with the initial slash-proc damage when enemies enter the field. It has no effect whatsoever on the storeage of the released nuke. So Power Strength is only really useful if you are cheesing low levels, or if you want to complement your Maim build with some supportive power (via Provoke). Otherwise, going max Power Range (which will reduce your Power Strength) with the help of Stretch and Overextended is highly recommended.

Power Efficiency for channeling abilities (such as Maim) are affected by both Power Efficiency and Power Duration. If you can keep Power Efficiency at 175% and Power Duration at 100%, you have the maximum possible efficiency you can get out of it. This is easily achieved by having both Streamline and Fleeting Expertise at 1 rank from max + Primed Continuity at 50% or better. Since you said you don't have any Primed mods yet, using a fully ranked Streamline can help compensate a bit for the lack of Power Duration not being at 100% (Another alternative is to run with both Continuity and Constitution to achieve 100+% Power Duration, but it's rather costly, both in space and modding points)

Other mods worth mentioning:
* If you are intending to cast Maim very often: Natural Talent. The hastened casting speed can be very helpful to get Maim to start, especially since Maim also stuns enemies who get the initial Slash-proc, which indirectly aids also your survivability.
* If you are using Maim as a low level cheese build, get some mobility mods, like Rush, Mobilize etc.

So in essence, in regards to Maim:
Power Efficiency (and Duration) - Always highly recommended (for pretty much all Warframes, btw)
Power Strength - Only useful for lowlevel kills with Maim's initial proc, or for added support.
Power Range - Highly recommended (Stretch, at least, should be in all of her builds, always)
Casting Speed - Useful for frequent Maim casts
Mobility (Rush, Mobilize etc) - Also useful for mobile missions and/or low level cheeseruns

23 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

Best Maim build is simply max efficiency and max range.

Pretty much this.
(And if you don't add any Duration, you truly want max, i.e. 190% Efficiency, for minimum drain costs on Mend & Maim.)

Though, you can additionally finagle some Squad buffing prowess (and low-level Maim proc murder)
into your build with the Peaceful Provocation Augment and Energy Conversion.

Last two slots (well, three with Exilus, which Enemy Sense has dibs on in 99% of my builds)
could be simply Intensify (woo more murder buffing) and your pick of Vitality / Redirection / Primed Vigor.

8 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Just to clarify a few things here:

Power Strength only helps with the initial slash-proc damage when enemies enter the field. It has no effect whatsoever on the storeage of the released nuke. So Power Strength is only really useful if you are cheesing low levels, or if you want to complement your Maim build with some supportive power (via Provoke). Otherwise, going max Power Range (which will reduce your Power Strength) with the help of Stretch and Overextended is highly recommended.

Power Efficiency for channeling abilities (such as Maim) are affected by both Power Efficiency and Power Duration. If you can keep Power Efficiency at 175% and Power Duration at 100%, you have the maximum possible efficiency you can get out of it. This is easily achieved by having both Streamline and Fleeting Expertise at 1 rank from max + Primed Continuity at 50% or better. Since you said you don't have any Primed mods yet, using a fully ranked Streamline can help compensate a bit for the lack of Power Duration not being at 100% (Another alternative is to run with both Continuity and Constitution to achieve 100+% Power Duration, but it's rather costly, both in space and modding points)

Other mods worth mentioning:
* If you are intending to cast Maim very often: Natural Talent. The hastened casting speed can be very helpful to get Maim to start, especially since Maim also stuns enemies who get the initial Slash-proc, which indirectly aids also your survivability.
* If you are using Maim as a low level cheese build, get some mobility mods, like Rush, Mobilize etc.

So in essence, in regards to Maim:
Power Efficiency (and Duration) - Always highly recommended (for pretty much all Warframes, btw)
Power Strength - Only useful for lowlevel kills with Maim's initial proc, or for added support.
Power Range - Highly recommended (Stretch, at least, should be in all of her builds, always)
Casting Speed - Useful for frequent Maim casts
Mobility (Rush, Mobilize etc) - Also useful for mobile missions and/or low level cheeseruns

woah that's in-depth, super useful though, thank you man. 

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Pretty much this.
(And if you don't add any Duration, you truly want max, i.e. 190% Efficiency, for minimum drain costs on Mend & Maim.)

Though, you can additionally finagle some Squad buffing prowess (and low-level Maim proc murder)

Last two slots (well, three with Exilus, which Enemy Sense has dibs on in 99% of my builds)
could be simply Intensify (woo more murder buffing) and your pick of Vitality / Redirection / Primed Vigor.

Im gonna be using all of you guys' advice and running through some missions with my squad to pick up the mods im missing for this build, thank you all a ton!!

12 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Pretty much this.

That duration also effects abilities with energy drain should be clear... but I added that, just to be sure.

And if you expect afk-murdering from maim, nope. Maim is pretty S#&$ty at that, it's a nuke that releases stored enemy hp/shields as damage, not an alternative for WoF. Besides that it has ok cc, but thats all.

6 hours ago, O.O_ said:

if you expect afk-murdering from maim, nope

Well, I kinda did say low-level, e.g. on Callisto (Jupiter Interception)
you can most certainly AFK in the middle of the map for at least two Rounds, yay easy Meso Relics :D

And even when Maim doesn't kill anymore, the damage is still neat to soften enemies up a bit
(yay Shield-ignoring Slash procs, coupling it with Toxin / status-y Gas weaponry combos nicely against Corpus),
plus of course the whole Squad buffing part never really goes out of style
(or being able to switch to mass CC / debuffing with Night when you feel like it).

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Well, I kinda did say low-level, e.g. on Callisto (Jupiter Interception)
you can most certainly AFK in the middle of the map for at least two Rounds, yay easy Meso Relics :D

And even when Maim doesn't kill anymore, the damage is still neat to soften enemies up a bit
(yay Shield-ignoring Slash procs, coupling it with Toxin / status-y Gas weaponry combos nicely against Corpus),
plus of course the whole Squad buffing part never really goes out of style
(or being able to switch to mass CC / debuffing with Night when you feel like it).

My bad, I thought you were one of those that try to make Maim into another WoF(even with max power strength that's pretty pointless).

And the buff is nice, sure, but I doubt you get it very high if you want max effi and range... my Provoke is at tiny 18%.

38 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

And the buff is nice, sure, but I doubt you get it very high if you want max effi and range... my Provoke is at tiny 18%.

Peaceful Provocation + Energy Conversion + Intensify brings that up to IIRC over 50%
(which of course also powers up Maim further).

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Peaceful Provocation + Energy Conversion + Intensify brings that up to IIRC over 50% 42%

That is an option, but I prefer Vitality(more Hp is always good), Natural Talent(Maims first animation is really slow... to slow for me) and Transient Fortitude(I hate that you have to rely on blue orbs). If anything, I would switch NT for PP(15% for 9 mod points against 6% for 11 from Intensify), that would at least be 32% vor Provoke... but I really hate that slow Maim :/ .

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

(which of course also powers up Maim further)

4 hours ago, O.O_ said:

(even with max power strength that's pretty pointless)

222% power strength = 243 damage... pretty meh if you ask me.