Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Nekros stack?

Ext3h

Question

Yeah, this question has been answered many times before. But most of the answers ("it doesn't") appear to be plain wrong.

So far I have seen at least 4 different interpretations:

1. A body desecrated can only be desecrated by 1 Nekros. Even a failed attempt consumes the body.
  2. If a body was not successfully desecrated by the first Nekros, another Nekros can still attempt. Up to an effective +97% chance on extra loot with 4 Nekros.
  3. Multiple Nekros can desecrate the same body multiple times. No limits, the effects stack, for an effective +240% extra loot with 4 Nekros.
  4. Each main(!) body can only be desecrated (successfully) once, but the additional body parts created from slash kills can be desecrated by each Nekros individually.

Which one of these is correct? I can most certainly rule out the 1st option. Quoted most often, but even just a quick test run reveals that this isn't true.

Option 2 sounds somewhat plausible, but to be honest: It doesn't explain why e.g. the Endo yield from an Vodyanoi Rathuum run with 4 Nekros is in the range of 400-1k, while a run with a single Nekros only yields 100-300 Endo. That is far above the results that formula should yield.

That only leaves option 3 and 4. I don't think option 3 is true, the community would surely have noticed such an ideal scaling.

I reckon that it's actually option 4, that body parts created from slash kills are not synchronized and hence can be desecrated far more often than originally intended.

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Horonelius said:

If a body still exists, then any Nekros can try to desecrate it. That includes body parts.

When it still exists for whom? The host? Each individual player? Accounting for ping or not accounting for ping? Which body parts are instantiated per client and which are managed by the host?

It's not THAT easy.

Edited by Ext3h

Nekros emits an aura of dark power that affects every corpse within a radius of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters, consuming the corpses and granting a 22.5% / 32% / 42.5% / 54% chance to roll the corpse's drop table again to produce additional loot. After a 2-second delay on the first corpse within range, corpses are consumed one at a time in random order, with subsequent corpses taking 1 second of delay between consumptions.

this is from the wiki, when you successfully desecrate a body it dissappear, otherwise the body remains but for the nekros that consumed it it's considered not reusable, so i think that the second option is the correct one

Each piece can only be Desecrated once however what I believe causes confusion among players is that a communication issue (usually Latency) between host and client Nekros players allows a roll to be made more than once as each client still currently "see" a body part. Even if the other has rolled on it.

Essentially. Your Client rolls, Produces a result then sends confirmation to other clients. Other Nekros players do the same and within that communication delay each client can roll on the same body part. This would happen far more often when Nekros would manually cast Desecrate, esp using Natural Talent.