Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another discussion about excalibur prime and consoles.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Oathtaker said:

There is absolutely 0 reasons why

Except that it most certainly violates the contract DE signed with Microsoft & Sony to allow account migrations in the first place. That is one very big reason why.

Sony & Microsoft told DE that in order for migrations to occur, items that console players could not obtain in the future or never had the chance to obtain in the past could not be transferred. Founders gear (incl. discontinued weapons, closed beta rewards, etc) falls into this category.

Even though it's 3~4 years later, transferring it now would still be a breach of contract.

Just now, Letter13 said:

Except that it most certainly violates the contract DE signed with Microsoft & Sony to allow account migrations in the first place. That is one very big reason why.

But when purchasing the founders pack it never said that it was a pc exclusive thing, i mean, i know we really didn't know they'd be jumping to consoles at the time, but still there was know exclusivity clause in the founders purchases at that time.
Just saying.

Just now, (XB1)Oathtaker said:

But when purchasing the founders pack it never said that it was a pc exclusive thing, i mean, i know we really didn't know they'd be jumping to consoles at the time, but still there was know exclusivity clause in the founders purchases at that time.
Just saying.

Well the fact that at the time the game was PC only should have been a very big hint.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oathtaker said:

Irregardless it still feels like DE basically let the consoles spit in the mouths of the founders.

Sadly, if you want your game to be published on Sony or Microsoft's consoles, you have to play by their rules. If they say no founders gear on their platform, it means no founders gear.

Just now, (Xbox One)Oathtaker said:

Irregardless it still feels like DE basically let the consoles spit in the mouths of the founders.

Consoles didn't have a hand in getting the game off the ground initially and never got the chance at Founder's packs.

Blame Sony and Microsoft if it makes you feel better.... Because I have no doubt that DE shopped this game to both groups before choosing to self publish instead.

Props to @Letter13 for humoring this discussion... He could have just locked the thread and kept it moving.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Oathtaker said:

I get it, it's exclusive to the founders, but again, I am a founder... and i guess i just dont understand why we cant have our cookie on console if we so chose to play on there.

The Founder's packs were discontinued mere weeks before the game launched with the PS4.  Had they extended the founder's pakc, or offered something comparable, for the consoles and allowed us to pay in the same way the Founder's had many people, myself included, would have bought a Founder's pack.

Since they didn't, no, you shouldn't be able to have an exclusive on consoles that was limited to the PC platform.  Unless, of course, they want to offer a Founder's package again and allow those of us on console who never got the opportunity to get Excal Prime to be given the same opportunity.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Though same could be said of new players in general.

If a person paid for Founder's before, they honestly should have it regardless of platform they choose to play on.

No they dont... they paid for having it in Pc ... nobody even mention console in that time ... so no .

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oathtaker said:

So what i'm seeing is a lot of people saying it's so other people's feelings aren't hurt? I'm sorry but everyone had a chance to get this frame, and i know a good handful of founders who went to the console for various reasons and ported over their pc accounts, and like i said all we really seemingly got was an emblem and a regalia for it.

Except consoles, you mean. 

In my eyes, consoles never had founders pack, so nobody should be allowed to have Excalibur prime on PS4/Xbox One. 

Edited by (PS4)zeroexalpha

1 hour ago, Sean said:

They still bought a package to help support the game in its infancy, why is that nulled just because they are now playing the game on a different console?

The same reason the packs weren't offered on the PS4 even though they were purchasable on PC until a few weeks prior to the PS4's launch.  It was a platform exclusive, as was any item given by the pack aside from cosmetics.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Was it advertised back then as purely a PC exclusive?

Yes it was ... if the console version did not even exist and they had 0 plans to do it in that momento,  yes , it was PC exclusive ( you cant find any place were said that it's for all plataforms ) .

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

but you can't find anything that specifically said it was only going to be for PC.

Honestly not sure why it's up for debate, it's a sh*tty thing for the people who bought Founder's Packs that decided to move to console. While DE may not be able to due to contractual obligations with Sony or Microsoft doesn't change the fact that it SHOULD be transferable. Additionally, it can be easy to assume most games to become multiplatform just with the nature of gaming in general.

There's also that a person who did buy it used to play on PC but then maybe something happened to their PC or the majority of their friends play exclusively on console and would want to play with them or some other reason, but that shouldn't null their purchase of Founder's.

Also, if someone can find a quote by DE that states it was due to a contractual reason with the console makers on why Founders couldn't keep their items when doing an account migration then that would be appreciated. While it does make sense, still prefer to see the source.

What is for "debate" it's the lack of common sense . You buy a product that only exist in PC and you want it in another platform (if the game were "paid" you most likele even need to buy it again for the new platform ) .

"but you can't find anything that specifically said it was only going to be for PC."

When they sell a product the only need to said to you what are they selling , no what are "not selling" ... it's like buying a car and then go to the seller and crying because they didnt tell you that the car cant fly O.o .

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Except DE did an account transfer from PC to consoles.

Because when you bought the pack this wasn't a thing.  Now that it is, you have a platform exclusive, as it was when you purchased it, that can't be transferred to other Platforms.  As it should be.

If you want to play on console, give up your Excal.  You don't deserve to keep it in a transfer to a platform no one else has it on and no one else is able to obtain it on simply because you feel like you should.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

5 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Founders exclusive gear was not allowed to be transferred to consoles as console players were never given the chance to obtain it. Allowing Excalibur Prime (and other Founder exclusive weapons) to be transferred to the console accounts of founders would be unfair to other console players.

If you registered a PC account and purchased a founder pack when it was available, that account of yours will always remain a founder. If you install the PC client and log in using your PC account, you will have access to your founder rewards.

Allowing founders who have consoles to transfer their founders-only gear is a bad idea, it will only create more saltiness among the console communities. It also may violate a contract or two DE has with Sony/Microsoft which allowed the account migrations in the first place (there was more than just the founders gear that was prohibited from being copied to consoles)

why did DE never give us a chance to obtain it?: Is what I'm wondering.

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

I don't have Founder's, I missed it by a few months, but I can still see the situation for what it is.

A person paid for it to support the longevity of the game and now, because they would feel like they want to switch due to any number of reasons, they're screwed despite an Account Transfer letting them keep all their other purchases? In what world does that sound like a fair thing? Not even sure how someone could defend that. If it was due to a contractual obligation then that's a suitable answer, still would prefer to see a source on that.

It's not like they lose their stuff they bought.  It's a copy/paste.

At the time there was no console plans. They didn't need to write "PC exclusive" because there was no other platform.  That's just silly.

When players bought the founders pack they supported it for PC.  Not any other platform.

Fairness has nothing to do with it.  They got exactly what they paid for.  And they don't lose anything for playing on a seperate platform.

I don't believe anyone owes people a picture or some kind of viewable evidence to show that MS and Sony said they couldn't put founders stuff in if other players wouldn't have a shot at "founding" it on their platform.  Platforms pull stuff like this all the time.  You know.  exclusives.  Both xbox and I believe sony also have their own exclusive skins that don't go to PC.

DE isn't playing favoritism with pc.  DE isn't being lazy because they don't transfer founders items across to other platforms.  Sony& Microsoft won't allow it.  Even if they were "ok" with it my previous point applies.  founders funded the pc project.  Not the console project.  MS/Sony did that.  So having founders items on anything pc doesn't make any sense.  and the only shred of anything you have to support otherwise is "I bought it.  So I own it.  Must mean I can do what I want with it."

As you should already know and hopefully should figure out someday spending money on something means a lot less than people think.  To put it simply both with the founders items and with any game you purchase you simply buy the rights to access it.  You're not owning it.  And especially with digital items the true owners have the complete ability to dictate how much of their property you get to use.  when you get to use it.  Or simply remove your right to it entirely should you break their rules.

39 minutes ago, Sean said:

Except DE did an account transfer from PC to consoles.

At that point in time, any Founders who chose to use such a feature should have also kept what they paid for, just like with all other items they may have paid for that did stick with them.

If there was never an Account Transfer, then I'd agree with you, but that isn't the case.

There was one and the people who helped jump-start the game were screwed as they did not keep what they bought.

You continue to confuse things ... DE did the account transfer because the want to not because they need to (just a "plus" to the community)  . Founders dont "should"  keep anythings because they dont paid for anything in consoles , i have no idea how a concept so simple as a puchase can be so complicated to understand for some people , you paid for a "fouders" pack in PC! and you have it ... they dont have to give you absolute nothing more than that and you dont have any right to demand it  .

"There was one and the people who helped jump-start the game were screwed as they did not keep what they bought."

They still have it ... they just choose not using it .

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I don't have Founder's, I missed it by a few months, but I can still see the situation for what it is.

Obviously you aren't able to see the situation for what it is given your attempts to claim Founder's should keep platform exclusives during a migration.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

A person paid for it to support the longevity of the game

The longevity of the game on PC.  That's the key bit you are ignoring.  When the Founder's pack was created, the PS4/X1 didn't exist and, as such, it was simply understood that Founder's items were going to be exclusive to PC because THAT WAS THE ONLY PLATFORM THE GAME WAS ON.  That's why it was never indicated in the terms that it was Platform exclusive because, as others have pointed out, such a comment was unnecessary given that it was, again, THE ONLY PLATFORM THE GAME WAS ON.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

they're screwed despite an Account Transfer letting them keep all their other purchases

Explain how they are "screwed" if you don't mind.  Realistically they only lose access to the Frame and a few weapons while still retaining the Mastery those items provided and, ipso facto, being a higher mastery rank than other Console players.  

1 hour ago, Sean said:

In what world does that sound like a fair thing? Not even sure how someone could defend that

Seemingly you don't really understand platform exclusives or why they remain exclusive.  There are ample sources a simple google search can provide that will explain a "Platform Exclusive" and why they aren't usually transferrable from one platform to another.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

In what world does that sound like a fair thing? Not even sure how someone could defend that. 

"Fair", huh?

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

DE was transparent about not offering Founders Packs to consoles and why. DE has been consistent about not offering this option and these items to console.

...That's about as "fair" as it gets.