Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's kill the Lotus!

Ultimate_Vault_Hunter

1 minute ago, SeaUrchins said:

Why do you use past Tense? Tenno never had a choice: you were sent to the void, you were sent to fight sentients, you were sent against Orokin, you were put into sleep, you were awoken, you are sent on missions. You have no choice, you are an axe chopping stuff.

We do have choice now, thanks to the Lotus. We can choose what missions we do, or even if we do any at all. We can choose if we want to fight as mercenaries for the Grineer/Corpus against the other, or even for one of them against the Infestation. You can literally spend all your time in a Relay, just being friends with everyone, if that is your prerogative.

2 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

We can choose if we want to fight as mercenaries for the Grineer/Corpus against the other, or even for one of them against the Infestation.

Good stuff, I want to fight as mercenary for any faction against the Lotus. Oh, wait, we have no choice of turning against the force that utilises Orokin children as space boko haram.

Good stuff, I want to fight as mercenary for any faction against the Lotus. Oh, wait, we have no choice of turning against the force that utilises Orokin children as space boko haram.

Congratulations on jumping the shark.

death to her. i know from natah quest something was up. and i knew i had one question then "when do i but a bullet in you face lotus?"

then during the second dream i wondered "okay first how you got here and why have i not choked you back to sentient jesus yet?"

the the second dream confirmed everything: im the monster that makes EVERYTHING crap itself in the night. rell aint got nothing on me.

5 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

2 minutes ago, helix.hex said:

death to her. i know from natah quest something was up. and i knew i had one question then "when do i but a bullet in you face lotus?"

then during the second dream i wondered "okay first how you got here and why have i not choked you back to sentient jesus yet?"

the the second dream confirmed everything: im the monster that makes EVERYTHING crap itself in the night. rell aint got nothing on me.

Well, I guess we can't expect that anyone against the Lotus is a decent person, since you'd rather join the side of factions that would love to mutilate children and/or use them (us) as batteries. Among other things. :P

Edited by Minion135

20 minutes ago, KlutzMeister said:

*laughs maniacally* Oh, as in the weapon with the lotus symbol for a hilt guard? "initiate nikana override charlie alpha theta" Your first mistake was crossing space mom. *puts on sunglasses and walks away* *turns around and raspberry's*

Me and this nikana have been through thick and thin, we've cut down countless foes all in the name of the Lotus, it feels what I feel. We have both made up our minds, If the lotus wants us to cut down beings beyond counting all in her name for the sake of "peace" then she can fight her own battles. I will fight this profitless war NO MORE!! there's a whole universe out there, countless planets to explore, colonies to see and befriend...but ill go in my OWN name not the name of my "mother". Solve conflicts with my OWN sense of justice. And I will not let ANYONE chain me any longer. Not her, DEFINITELY NOT YOU!! *draws nikana*

2 hours ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Each mission we run the Lotus chimes in. I really like Ordis. I'd like to fix Ordis rather than kill him. The Lotus is another story. You can honor her by killing her before she does something against her will to hurt you.

Like wake me up from my nap.

14 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

So you believe the enemy is the one person who literally turned the Moon into a myth in order to protect us? That being who turned on her own people to save us? Naramon needs to really learn what allies and enemies are, let alone who the individuals in each group are, if all of you think that way.

She is Barren. We are her surrogates. If she had truly parted with all of her Sentient parts, how did Hunhow get in her head? She is not the direct enemy, but can be proxied by the Sentients to destroy us. Therefore, enemy, very powerful enemy.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

She is Barren. We are her surrogates. If she had truly parted with all of her Sentient parts, how did Hunhow get in her head? She is not the direct enemy, but can be proxied by the Sentients to destroy us. Therefore, enemy, very powerful enemy.

If you mean proxied as in controlled, then there's been no indication such a thing is possible (Hunhow would likely have done it in Second Dream, if it were). If you mean proxied as in they can get information from her, at best it's a maybe. I doubt she'd allow a situation like that to arise again, after it happened once with Hunhow. There's been no indication she can be taken control of. Gleaning information from her is all Hunhow was able to do. Information that is now useless to him. There's no longer any information they can try to get from her to defeat us, now that we're awake. That presumes they'd even have a way to do it, since she now knows they may try that and will certainly have taken precautions.

9 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

Well, I guess we can't expect that anyone against the Lotus is a decent person, since you'd rather join the side of factions that would love to mutilate children and/or use them (us) as batteries. Among other things. :P

Factions? Why do we need such things? Helix.hex said nothing about factions. To think that purpose only comes from a hive is like saying life has no value without an obvious purpose.

2 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

If you mean proxied as in controlled, then there's been no indication such a thing is possible (Hunhow would likely have done it in Second Dream, if it were). If you mean proxied as in they can get information from her, at best it's a maybe. I doubt she'd allow a situation like that to arise again, after it happened once with Hunhow. There's been no indication she can be taken control of. Gleaning information from her is all Hunhow was able to do. Information that is now useless to him. There's no longer any information they can try to get from her to defeat us, now that we're awake. That presumes they'd even have a way to do it, since she now knows they may try that and will certainly have taken precautions.

Do you really think she only kept one secret from us? Why did she run if Hunhow had already got everything then?

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Factions? Why do we need such things? Helix.hex said nothing about factions. To think that purpose only comes from a hive is like saying life has no value without an obvious purpose.

True, helix didn't say that, but the other person I was quoting said he wanted to be a mercenary for any side against the Lotus.

Just now, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Do you really think she only kept one secret from us? Why did she run if Hunhow had already got everything then?

She went into hiding BEFORE Hunhow had gotten information from her, not after. After, she immediately had us go save ourselves.

12 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

I guess we can't expect that anyone against the Lotus is a decent person

What are you talking about? I am a decent person and that's why I don't tolerate treason, infiltration and treachery. She infiltrated our ranks and treacherously turned us into traitors. That's enough to have her head on a plate.

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

What are you talking about? I am a decent person and that's why I don't tolerate treason, infiltration and treachery. She infiltrated our ranks and treacherously turned us into traitors. That's enough to have her head on a plate.

She stopped the Orokin before they could execute us or transfer into our powerful bodies. Don't be daft. The Orokin had a very crystal clear track record on dealing with others.

3 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

She stopped the Orokin before they could execute us

so she can execute us herself. Then she changed her mind. Too bad we learned about it, we could have been friends. Down with her.

Again, Captain Vor saved us too, we killed him. So saving a Tenno doesn't constitute a reason to be left alive.

Edited by SeaUrchins

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

so she can execute us herself. Then she changed her mind. Too bad we learned about it, we could have been friends. Down with her.

So you want to kill her, in cold blood, for choosing to NOT do horrendously evil thing? "Decent person" who "doesn't tolerate treason," indeed. Treachery runs in your blood. :P

7 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Well, legit.

All this momma-loves-you drama aside, once a traitor - always a traitor. So it may be reasonable to get rid of the ballast at some point

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

...cut down beings beyond counting all in her name for the sake of "peace" then she can fight her own battles. I will fight this profitless war NO MORE!! there's a whole universe out there, countless planets to explore, colonies to see and befriend...but ill go in my OWN name not the name of my "mother". Solve conflicts with my OWN sense of justice. And I will not let ANYONE chain me any longer. Not her, DEFINITELY NOT YOU!! *draws nikana*

I'm sorry you are ruled by delusions, It is not I nor lotus standing in your way, but endless grineer clones and corpus proxies and the will of our Extremely Digital gods.

So don't speak to me of freedom, when all you want to do is slay one of our few allies we have in this savage war.

*grabs nikana blade and snaps it before headbutting you*

10 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

So you want to kill her, in cold blood, for choosing to NOT do horrendously evil thing?

What do you mean choosing to NOT do horrendously evil thing? She came all the way from Tau just to kill the Orokin, she willingly travelled through the void and became barren just to start killing them faster. A creature that sacrifices its ability to reproduce to take lives is wicked and deserves no mercy.

Edited by SeaUrchins

What do you mean choosing NOT do horrendously evil thing? She came all the way from Tau just to kill the Orokin, she willingly travelled through the void and became barren just to start killing them faster. A creature that sacrifices its ability to reproduce to take lives is wicked and deserves no mercy.

That was Natah. The Lotus is no longer Natah, and destroyed Natah to become the Lotus. Same physical being, entirely different person, if you will.