Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime build with Riven Mod

Demithycs

Question

Been gone for more or less 8 months. Re-learning some things. What's the standard Soma Prime build nowadays that includes a Riven Mod?

I'm currently running Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Thermite Rounds, Malignant Force, Metal Auger and Riven.

9 answers to this question

Here's my build (via warframe-builder): https://goo.gl/sGQiKT

(for those who don't want to click, it's heavy cal, serration, split chamber, shred, primed cryo rounds, point strike, vital sense, and a riven with +50.7% critC, +41.8% critD, +41.4% puncture)

It's... ok. The problem with SomaP is that the disposition is so faint that it's difficult to get a riven that actually improves the weapon, and even if it does, it still doesn't stand out. Very serviceable, still plenty fun to use, but I keep going back to my Supra (and if you told me in 2015 that i'd ever say that, i'd've laughed at you).

If I could, I'd replace the puncture on that riven with multishot and be happy.

You can easily swap the metal auger for heavy caliber since - accuracy doesnt affect soma that much also u can give argon scope (if u got one) for better crit. And the build with riven mostly depends on stats that riven got

3 hours ago, ashrah said:

serration.split chamber.point strike.vital sense. riven.heavy calibar max. and  2 element

Heavy caliber has a huge disadvantage,it sure makes it better at close range, but it makes it hard to hit those headshots from medium to long ranges, soma being a critical weapon it is very important to hit those headshots.

Edited by JeyciKon

1 hour ago, JeyciKon said:

Heavy caliber has a huge disadvantage,it sure makes it better at close range, but it makes it hard to hit those headshots from medium to long ranges, soma being a critical weapon it is very important to hit those headshots.

i know it is i tested in void...i use soma mostly at closer range difference is big wen u use heavy calibar in dmg.. and accuracy lose is not that big...on some maps like on pluto heavy calibar is maybe not good but in general gives lot dmg

If you are good with headshots: serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, argon scope, bladed rounds and 2 elements.

With a faint disposition I found a riven that has elemental damage and additional crit chance quite helpful. But it is in no way needed. For me a smeeta kavat, Harrow's Covenant or a arcane rage set are way more helpfu (and cheaper) than any riven on the Soma P. 

If you dont like cats bring carrier becaue his ammo mutation is extremely useful for the Soma P.