Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Rework: without changing abilities

(PSN)crashtester17

Third ability: Hydroid no longer turns into a puddle but he summons one instead for a duration. Hydroid and teammates can shoot the puddle to damage all enemies inside. Hydroid will have health regeneration when he is in range of his puddle based on the damage the enemies inside are taking.

First ability: Water barrage has a longer base duration and slightly better targeting. Enemies within ability radius are knocked down. Targeting undertow (third ability) will grant Hydroid and any other allies standing on it a boost to evasion and slide distance by making everyone slippery for a brief duration. This will also damage enemies in the undertow.

Second ability: Tidal wave increases in width as well as distance with power range mods. Enemies hit by tidal wave will be carried away and dropped wherever the tidal wave ends. Using tidal wave to move across undertow will take away a couple of seconds from it's remaining duration. In exchange it will into a tsunami. Tidal wave triples in size, range and damage.

Fourth ability: Tentacle swarm's number of tentacles increase with power strength. Power range increases the length of the tentacles. Casting tentacle swarm on undertow will make all the tentacles come out from undertow. Until the undertow is full tentacles will violently grab enemies and pull them in to drown. Tentacles will do more damage based on remaining health of enemies inside puddle. When puddle is full tentacles will beat enemies until space in the undertow has opened up. The tentacles initial grab will do damage.

Passive: Loot radar. Hydroid has a knack for knowing where to plunder. 

Actually not the worst ideas I've seen. Not bad. Not gonna bother critiquing cause I'm lazy, but i'll add some S#&$ in here:

Make the tentacles actually look like you summoned a f*cking kraken instead of a floppy bit of CGI

Make them do a more fitting dmg type than magnetic (like, rly?)

4 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

Actually not the worst ideas I've seen. Not bad. Not gonna bother critiquing cause I'm lazy, but i'll add some S#&$ in here:

Make the tentacles actually look like you summoned a f*cking kraken instead of a floppy bit of CGI

Make them do a more fitting dmg type than magnetic (like, rly?)

@(PS4)crashtester17 Hm you should get on the Forum more, I am seeing some people who barely post on Forum, go figured. 

@tarfeef101 is right though. I do feel Hydroid 4 need to have a sort of Nekros 4, but those Mobs(tentacles) can move on their own.

Why? Let say the Kraken regenerates health and grow more tentacles for each enemies, this would GREATLY increase Hydroid Specialty. (RIP if you meet a Nullifier or Scrambler, as this is just cancel abilities).

There's a limit on tentacles not just for visual reason but for performance reasons. Ejecting 12+ enemies as ragdolls all at once already spikes the weaker PCs. You would let us pass 30 tentacles? That's pretty ridiculous. Increasing their potential like me and others wrote the hydroid improvement thread by making them relocate to new enemies if they aren't hitting any enemies for a couple of seconds and making them hold knocked down enemies still rather than swing them around I still feel is much more worthwhile. 
With how common Animal Instinct is on both sentinels and companions I feel the passive is for most players going to be unnoticed even if fitting.

6 hours ago, (PS4)crashtester17 said:

What if instead of having the tentacles grab enemies and slap them around they wrap around enemies and constrict them while holding them in place.

Why not both? The tentacles start of by crushing, then when you attack the constricted enemy (maybe with ability 1?), the tentacle then slaps it around to speed up the killing process...

"But then why aren't the tentacles already trying to speed up the process and kill the enemies already?"

Maybe the two phases has different effects? Tentacles already ignore armour, Crushing them disables any effect they have but takes a small amount of health. Swinging damages health drastically, but allows for any enemy effects (eximus/ ancients).