Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity reborn

(XBOX)Knight Raime

I know I already created a Trinity thread.  The goal I had initially was to change how EV is interacted with.  But still basically preform the same.  and spitball an idea that could replace well of life.  It ended up spiraling into sort of a half baked rework thread.  I got a lot of decent feedback.  And i'm back with what I would be comfortable with calling a rework.  I view Trinity as THE ultimate support.  She isn't your frame for CCing the enemy.  Or burning them down with  DPS buffs to your team.  She lives to help you live.  With that out of the way lets get into her rework.

Ability 1)  New name shall be "Wellspring."  Functionally speaking this would be her energy giving ability.  The marked target becomes "invulnerable" similar to how when nidus links to an enemy.  The enemy will emit a constant flow of energy.  Shooting the enemy will ramp up how fast the energy is coming out.  Once the enemy is "dead" it will still continue to give out energy.  But only when shooting it.  When the ability ends either due to trinity ending it herself or the duration running out one of two things will happen depending on the situation.  If the target is dead a bonus bit of energy will pulse out the base number would be a number not effected by any stat.  However if more than one ally contributed damage to the target that "bonus" energy at the end will be increased.  IF trinity ends the ability before the target dies no bonus energy is applied.  and the target is back at full health.  The ability still does damage in the same way EV currently does.

Visually speaking I want the ability to have the enemy rooted to the ground instead of floating.  And I want the enemy to be shimmering in blue.  as if covered by the energy. Potentially i'd like the ability to give a visual aura around effected allies.  So they know they are in range to receive the energy.  If this is too visually intrusive to fashion design then perhaps simply add an icon in the top where statuses are at that simply states the name of the ability so they know they are in range. Range of the ability is effected by range.  Duration effects the duration of how long the target is kept in place.  Power strength would effect the damage of the ability and how much extra energy is given when the target is shot.  Efficiency would effect the ability cost and how many times the energy would tick per second.

Ability 2)  New name shall be "Rite of health."  Functionally speaking this would replace her old ability "well of life."  It has 2 different effects depending on ally or enemy in the effected area.  Allies in the effected area would receive health back with each wave.  Allies inside the area of effect will also gain knock down resist.  Procs like toxin and puncture if triggered while inside the AOE will last shorter.  Enemies in the area of effect will have their aura effects reduced.  The target trinity chose is also invincible.  And shares some similar effects from "Wellspring."  Meaning shooting at the target will cause more health to come.  But instead of it gradually giving health back passively the health only comes in waves.  So shooting the target makes these waves happen more often.  And just like "Wellspring" if the target dies he stops doing the waves.  and has to be shot to get more health.  Just like "Wellspring" if allies contribute to the damage before the target died bonus health will happen.  However again like "Wellspring" if the ability is ended before the target is killed there is no bonus and the target is back at full health.

Visually speaking I'd also like the enemy rooted instead of floating.  There would be an aura or icon in the top of the screen to let people know they are in the range of the ability.  the enemy would be shimmering green.  The pulses would look like waves light. mostly feint though so it wouldn't be too difficult to see.  Could maybe be effected by bloom.  Range would effect the range of the ability.  Duration would effect the duration of the ability.  Power strength determines how much health is in each wave.  Efficiency effects how much the ability costs and how often the waves of health come.

Ability 3) Name would still be "Link."  Functionally it would behave the same.  However I wish to turn it into a toggle ability.  It would drain energy slowly and ramp up while you take damage.  I also want it to by default have a secondary effect.  Which would be it's current augment.  Reducing linked targets armor.  If her linked enemies die before the duration runs out I want a small buff called "grace" to appear.  It gives her a small window uneffected by stats where she takes severely reduced damage and is proc immune.  This gives Trinity time to relocate to either get out of harms way.  or to find new enemies to link to.  The duration of this is fixed at 3-5 seconds.  and can only proc once per life.  Going down counts as losing that life.  If she's revived before she bleeds out she can have the effect proc again.

Visually it would still be the same color.  but I want it to look more chain like.  Range effects the range of the ability.  duration effects how often the drain ticks.  Efficiency effects the cost of this ability and how much energy you lose while being attacked. Power strength has no effect.  It's worth mentioning trinity would still be able to get energy from all sources while in the toggle.

Ability 4) Name would still be "Blessing."  It has been changed quite a bit.  Your initial cast of blessing is quick like it is currently.  The quick cast will clear all status effects currently on allies within affinity range.  It will also give damage reduction and give knockdown resistance.  But no longer heals.  However.  Trinity can do a "channeled" longer cast.  This cast will take more energy.  It will immediately heal people and restore shields.  It will also give status immunity to allies in the effected area for a period of time.  ON top of the clearing of status procs and giving damage reduction.  The quick cast is cheaper than the starting 100 energy by the way.

Visually the quick cast doesn't change.  except I want a wave of energy to travel the distance of the affinity (because it would look cool.)  The channeled cast visually ends with trinity slamming both hands on the ground with a bigger wave of energy (again because cool.)  Duration effects both how long the proc immunity lasts and the damage reduction length.  Range has no effect.  Power strength effects how much she will heal with the channeled cast and the damage reduction (up to 75%).  And efficiency effects the ability cost of both kinds of cast.  Recasting the quick cast will refresh the DR timer and clear any status procs again and refresh the knockdown resist.  And recasting the channeled cast would do those things as well as refresh the timer on how long people are proc immune.

Trinities passive: Currently you revive someone faster and from farther away.  But it's not very much better compared to other frames.  I was thinking that both energy orbs and health orbs would not only drop from enemies she kills more often.  but they are also slightly better than standard orbs.

Trinities augments:

~"pool of life" name changed to "reprieve." If an ally goes down within the AoE of "rite of health" Trinity can deactivate the ability to revive the person.  upgrading the card effects how much health the person comes back up with.

~"energy leech" name changed to "protection."  if you're at max energy when more energy is given to you VIA "Wellspring" you are granted over shields.

~"abating link" name changed to "endure."  Instead of linking to enemies you now link yourself to allies.  instead of energy cost draining like it normally does it's just a flat 35 energy.  Think of it like a reverse version of normal link.  Basically instead of the people linked to you taking all of the damage you'd be taking a portion of it.  How much of it you're taking is  dependent on how much of the card you upgraded.  Don't sweat being nuked down by this.  Because (I forget which to be honest) this would factor either before or after your mods that give you health/shields etc.  Whichever of those 2 that would make it so you're not instantly destroyed.

WRAPPING UP:  Thanks for sticking with me to the end again.  I apologize if any of this sounds confusing or poorly worded.  I spent the hours of 4am to now 6am working on this.  Again I created this thread because it's an actual rework of trinity.  My prior thread ended up being a half baked rework when I originally intended it to only address how to potentially "fix" EV and replace well of life.  Anyway.  I look forward to the feedback.  thanks again~

EDIT: special shout out to those that gave feedback in the prior thread.  some of your ideas helped shape these changes.

Edited by (XB1)Knight Raime

I actually like the enemies for abilities 1 and 2 to float mid-air. The resone is that it's easier to see the targeted enemies and it's easier to shoot them and contribute to the effects. It's difficult to spot them if they're rooted to the ground and allies can't shoot those targets if there are enemies blocking their sight.

As of Link, one thing I would really like for this ability is the option to choose which enemies I want to be linked. For example, I casted the ability and linked to 3 random enemies, a cast on an enemies will be linked to Trinity instead one of the other 3, another cast will link this enemy instead one of the other two remaning, and so does the 3rd enemy. Holding 3 will toggle the ability off.

About Blessing, I think it doesn't need a change.

An idea for passive , is have a better interface of which ally is within exp range, I think the UI we have now is not good enough for Trinity simply because one of her abilities depends on it.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

@(Xbox One)Knight Raime Thanks for the message, this was an interesting read.

Now for my questions and advices.

For the new Wellspring ability, i think it could use a bit better visual than what you described.

So how about something like this?Water_Fountain.gif

The enemies are rooted and turned grey, while a blue particle effect comes off from them along with a blue orb above them kaing it look like a water fountain. To get the energy they need to shoot either the enemy or the orb above it ( incase theres too many guys covering the target )

The augement is nice.

Rite of health is well designed thought from reading your description in has lots of modifiers ongoing what could be hard to show in the UI.

The augement here is good too.

Link, still has the problem that it cannot fight against enemy scaling. If a person gets shot at a higher level she just dies linked or not. Thats why my previous suggestion had capped 15sec immortality and 25% less link damage transfer.

Also your argument is literal suicide. Lets say you have linked yourself to inaros, he goes into a crowd of corpus where he can "survive" and takes 3000 damage (possible after lv50). Now even at max vitality and redirection, this will just nuke you. This is essentially the same why people dont use the ack and brunt mod too.

Blessing sounds interesting, though a simple switch function like on ivaras arrows would been better for this. Low energy blessing clears statuses for 25 energy, high energy blessing does everything you said for 150 energy.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

I know I already created a Trinity thread.  The goal I had initially was to change how EV is interacted with.  But still basically preform the same.  and spitball an idea that could replace well of life.  It ended up spiraling into sort of a half baked rework thread.  I got a lot of decent feedback.  And i'm back with what I would be comfortable with calling a rework.  I view Trinity as THE ultimate support.  She isn't your frame for CCing the enemy.  Or burning them down with  DPS buffs to your team.  She lives to help you live.  With that out of the way lets get into her rework.

Ability 1)  New name shall be "Wellspring."  Functionally speaking this would be her energy giving ability.  The marked target becomes "invulnerable" similar to how when nidus links to an enemy.  The enemy will emit a constant flow of energy.  Shooting the enemy will ramp up how fast the energy is coming out.  Once the enemy is "dead" it will still continue to give out energy.  But only when shooting it.  When the ability ends either due to trinity ending it herself or the duration running out one of two things will happen depending on the situation.  If the target is dead a bonus bit of energy will pulse out the base number would be a number not effected by any stat.  However if more than one ally contributed damage to the target that "bonus" energy at the end will be increased.  IF trinity ends the ability before the target dies no bonus energy is applied.  and the target is back at full health.  The ability still does damage in the same way EV currently does.

Visually speaking I want the ability to have the enemy rooted to the ground instead of floating.  And I want the enemy to be shimmering in blue.  as if covered by the energy. Potentially i'd like the ability to give a visual aura around effected allies.  So they know they are in range to receive the energy.  If this is too visually intrusive to fashion design then perhaps simply add an icon in the top where statuses are at that simply states the name of the ability so they know they are in range. Range of the ability is effected by range.  Duration effects the duration of how long the target is kept in place.  Power strength would effect the damage of the ability and how much extra energy is given when the target is shot.  Efficiency would effect the ability cost and how many times the energy would tick per second.

Ability 2)  New name shall be "Rite of health."  Functionally speaking this would replace her old ability "well of life."  It has 2 different effects depending on ally or enemy in the effected area.  Allies in the effected area would receive health back with each wave.  Allies inside the area of effect will also gain knock down resist.  Procs like toxin and puncture if triggered while inside the AOE will last shorter.  Enemies in the area of effect will have their aura effects reduced.  The target trinity chose is also invincible.  And shares some similar effects from "Wellspring."  Meaning shooting at the target will cause more health to come.  But instead of it gradually giving health back passively the health only comes in waves.  So shooting the target makes these waves happen more often.  And just like "Wellspring" if the target dies he stops doing the waves.  and has to be shot to get more health.  Just like "Wellspring" if allies contribute to the damage before the target died bonus health will happen.  However again like "Wellspring" if the ability is ended before the target is killed there is no bonus and the target is back at full health.

Visually speaking I'd also like the enemy rooted instead of floating.  There would be an aura or icon in the top of the screen to let people know they are in the range of the ability.  the enemy would be shimmering green.  The pulses would look like waves light. mostly feint though so it wouldn't be too difficult to see.  Could maybe be effected by bloom.  Range would effect the range of the ability.  Duration would effect the duration of the ability.  Power strength determines how much health is in each wave.  Efficiency effects how much the ability costs and how often the waves of health come.

Ability 3) Name would still be "Link."  Functionally it would behave the same.  However I wish to turn it into a toggle ability.  It would drain energy slowly and ramp up while you take damage.  I also want it to by default have a secondary effect.  Which would be it's current augment.  Reducing linked targets armor.  If her linked enemies die before the duration runs out I want a small buff called "grace" to appear.  It gives her a small window uneffected by stats where she takes severely reduced damage and is proc immune.  This gives Trinity time to relocate to either get out of harms way.  or to find new enemies to link to.  The duration of this is fixed at 3-5 seconds.  and can only proc once per life.  Going down counts as losing that life.  If she's revived before she bleeds out she can have the effect proc again.

Visually it would still be the same color.  but I want it to look more chain like.  Range effects the range of the ability.  duration effects how often the drain ticks.  Efficiency effects the cost of this ability and how much energy you lose while being attacked. Power strength has no effect.  It's worth mentioning trinity would still be able to get energy from all sources while in the toggle.

Ability 4) Name would still be "Blessing."  It has been changed quite a bit.  Your initial cast of blessing is quick like it is currently.  The quick cast will clear all status effects currently on allies within affinity range.  It will also give damage reduction and give knockdown resistance.  But no longer heals.  However.  Trinity can do a "channeled" longer cast.  This cast will take more energy.  It will immediately heal people and restore shields.  It will also give status immunity to allies in the effected area for a period of time.  ON top of the clearing of status procs and giving damage reduction.  The quick cast is cheaper than the starting 100 energy by the way.

Visually the quick cast doesn't change.  except I want a wave of energy to travel the distance of the affinity (because it would look cool.)  The channeled cast visually ends with trinity slamming both hands on the ground with a bigger wave of energy (again because cool.)  Duration effects both how long the proc immunity lasts and the damage reduction length.  Range has no effect.  Power strength effects how much she will heal with the channeled cast and the damage reduction (up to 75%).  And efficiency effects the ability cost of both kinds of cast.  Recasting the quick cast will refresh the DR timer and clear any status procs again and refresh the knockdown resist.  And recasting the channeled cast would do those things as well as refresh the timer on how long people are proc immune.

Trinities passive: Currently you revive someone faster and from farther away.  But it's not very much better compared to other frames.  I was thinking that both energy orbs and health orbs would not only drop from enemies she kills more often.  but they are also slightly better than standard orbs.

Trinities augments:

~"pool of life" name changed to "reprieve." If an ally goes down within the AoE of "rite of health" Trinity can deactivate the ability to revive the person.  upgrading the card effects how much health the person comes back up with.

~"energy leech" name changed to "protection."  if you're at max energy when more energy is given to you VIA "Wellspring" you are granted over shields.

~"abating link" name changed to "endure."  Instead of linking to enemies you now link yourself to allies.  instead of energy cost draining like it normally does it's just a flat 35 energy.  Think of it like a reverse version of normal link.  Basically instead of the people linked to you taking all of the damage you'd be taking a portion of it.  How much of it you're taking is  dependent on how much of the card you upgraded.  Don't sweat being nuked down by this.  Because (I forget which to be honest) this would factor either before or after your mods that give you health/shields etc.  Whichever of those 2 that would make it so you're not instantly destroyed.

WRAPPING UP:  Thanks for sticking with me to the end again.  I apologize if any of this sounds confusing or poorly worded.  I spent the hours of 4am to now 6am working on this.  Again I created this thread because it's an actual rework of trinity.  My prior thread ended up being a half baked rework when I originally intended it to only address how to potentially "fix" EV and replace well of life.  Anyway.  I look forward to the feedback.  thanks again~

EDIT: special shout out to those that gave feedback in the prior thread.  some of your ideas helped shape these changes.

If you think she is the ultimate support unit already, stop trying to get her changed.

LEAVE TRINITY ALONE!!!

If you can't play her now she just isn't your playstyle. She works great as is.

On 7/12/2017 at 6:30 AM, CommanderSpawn said:

I actually like the enemies for abilities 1 and 2 to float mid-air. The resone is that it's easier to see the targeted enemies and it's easier to shoot them and contribute to the effects. It's difficult to spot them if they're rooted to the ground and allies can't shoot those targets if there are enemies blocking their sight.

As of Link, one thing I would really like for this ability is the option to choose which enemies I want to be linked. For example, I casted the ability and linked to 3 random enemies, a cast on an enemies will be linked to Trinity instead one of the other 3, another cast will link this enemy instead one of the other two remaning, and so does the 3rd enemy. Holding 3 will toggle the ability off.

About Blessing, I think it doesn't need a change.

An idea for passive , is have a better interface of which ally is within exp range, I think the UI we have now is not good enough for Trinity simply because one of her abilities depends on it.

I'm not really tied down to any of the visual suggestions.  But i'll have to disagree.  The only reason why I can typically spot my EVed target in a group of enemies is because of the waves they give off.  not because they float.  Hmm.  Why would you want to choose what 3 enemies you link to? Blessing doesn't need a change.  EV and well do.  But this is a "rework."  So her passive simply increases the affinity range? Not to fond of that to be honest.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:18 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

@(Xbox One)Knight Raime Thanks for the message, this was an interesting read.

Now for my questions and advices.

For the new Wellspring ability, i think it could use a bit better visual than what you described.

So how about something like this?Water_Fountain.gif

The enemies are rooted and turned grey, while a blue particle effect comes off from them along with a blue orb above them kaing it look like a water fountain. To get the energy they need to shoot either the enemy or the orb above it ( incase theres too many guys covering the target )

The augement is nice.

Rite of health is well designed thought from reading your description in has lots of modifiers ongoing what could be hard to show in the UI.

The augement here is good too.

Link, still has the problem that it cannot fight against enemy scaling. If a person gets shot at a higher level she just dies linked or not. Thats why my previous suggestion had capped 15sec immortality and 25% less link damage transfer.

Also your argument is literal suicide. Lets say you have linked yourself to inaros, he goes into a crowd of corpus where he can "survive" and takes 3000 damage (possible after lv50). Now even at max vitality and redirection, this will just nuke you. This is essentially the same why people dont use the ack and brunt mod too.

Blessing sounds interesting, though a simple switch function like on ivaras arrows would been better for this. Low energy blessing clears statuses for 25 energy, high energy blessing does everything you said for 150 energy.

That visual could work.  my only concern is trying to hit the orb when parkouring around since it would be smaller than the targeted enemy.  but if you could still shoot either and the orb is just an extra hurt box I could get behind it.

That's a valid point.  However I don't think it would be too huge of a problem since oberon does more than his ability descriptions have room for.  yet people who play him seem to understand him well enough.

I will admit that the augment idea came from someone in my other thread.  I still like the idea of being able to link to allies.  and potentially some what soak damage for them.  There is already sort of a build for that called "the over protective trinity build."  But I kind of wanted to make it into an augment so you didn't have to get a specific weapon with 2 specific mods.  I'd still like the augment to be able to link to allies and do something.

I think it would be a bit redundant to have a switch like quiver if there was only 2 options.  But that's just my opinion.  I appreciate your feedback.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:33 AM, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

If you think she is the ultimate support unit already, stop trying to get her changed.

LEAVE TRINITY ALONE!!!

If you can't play her now she just isn't your playstyle. She works great as is.

I'm not "trying" to get her changed.  She will be whenever the devs get to her.  They already stated at tennocon that they would.  just not any time soon.

This thread and my other one are attempts at giving DE a blueprint on how people would potentially like her changed.

Also I can play her just fine.  that's got nothing to do with design discussion.

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

I'm not really tied down to any of the visual suggestions.  But i'll have to disagree.  The only reason why I can typically spot my EVed target in a group of enemies is because of the waves they give off.  not because they float.  Hmm.  Why would you want to choose what 3 enemies you link to? Blessing doesn't need a change.  EV and well do.  But this is a "rework."  So her passive simply increases the affinity range? Not to fond of that to be honest.

The passive I suggested is just a better visual in addition to what we have or what you suggested, which by the way, I like your passive idea. It doesn't do anything but tell you who is within exp range in a better way. Just being more friendly to the user.

About floating mid air is exactly what I said. I'm having troubles finding who is the target if I'm not the Trinity in the squad and usually I don't care. Making them float like in Well of Life is ment exactly so it will be easier to spot them as the none user of this move. With your idea which suggest the option for allies to contribute for this move and make it stronger, I feel like it will be wiser to let them see better who is the target. Warframe have tons of enemies and it's easy for them to block your sight on other enemies if your EV is rooted to the ground instead of floating. Once again, being user friendly.

About Link. My idea can work both with what you suggested and what we already have, it's an addition. I prefer to be linked to 3 bombards rather than those 3 butchers who happen to be closer to you. The bombards will take the damage and not the butchers.
And I really like it being toggleable, I'm tired of recasting it over and over again...

As for Blessing, my main problem with your idea is the quick cast. The visuals are great, the bonuses are great, channeled blessing - cool idea. Only that quick bless. The thing that make blessing work so well is that it's quick and prevent those moments when you almost get one shot by an enemy. With your channeled idea you will get some healing only after a second more of holding the button which is too long to save your dieying friend. People lose health very fast in high level missions and from the moment the Trinity detects that someone is near death untill the moment your friend gets the heal is just enough to save his life as it is right now. With your idea it takes longer and you don't have a second to waste. The heal won't get there in time and you just wasted a Blessing. I think that your idea need a little healing for the quick cast, the life of your squad is on that charging time.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

9 hours ago, CommanderSpawn said:

The passive I suggested is just a better visual in addition to what we have or what you suggested, which by the way, I like your passive idea. It doesn't do anything but tell you who is within exp range in a better way. Just being more friendly to the user.

About floating mid air is exactly what I said. I'm having troubles finding who is the target if I'm not the Trinity in the squad and usually I don't care. Making them float like in Well of Life is ment exactly so it will be easier to spot them as the none user of this move. With your idea which suggest the option for allies to contribute for this move and make it stronger, I feel like it will be wiser to let them see better who is the target. Warframe have tons of enemies and it's easy for them to block your sight on other enemies if your EV is rooted to the ground instead of floating. Once again, being user friendly.

About Link. My idea can work both with what you suggested and what we already have, it's an addition. I prefer to be linked to 3 bombards rather than those 3 butchers who happen to be closer to you. The bombards will take the damage and not the butchers.
And I really like it being toggleable, I'm tired of recasting it over and over again...

As for Blessing, my main problem with your idea is the quick cast. The visuals are great, the bonuses are great, channeled blessing - cool idea. Only that quick bless. The thing that make blessing work so well is that it's quick and prevent those moments when you almost get one shot by an enemy. With your channeled idea you will get some healing only after a second more of holding the button which is too long to save your dieying friend. People lose health very fast in high level missions and from the moment the Trinity detects that someone is near death untill the moment your friend gets the heal is just enough to save his life as it is right now. With your idea it takes longer and you don't have a second to waste. The heal won't get there in time and you just wasted a Blessing. I think that your idea need a little healing for the quick cast, the life of your squad is on that charging time.

Oh okay that makes more sense.  I was confused by the wording of your passive comment.  Apologies.  That's a fairly good point.  I'm never really thinking about that perspective since if there is usually a trinity in the squad it's usually me.  You should check the post after yours that gives a better visual suggestion than mine and tell me what you think.  If you're not into it that's all good.  As I said i'm not really stuck on any visuals I suggested.

Makes sense.  Though How would we set that up from a targeting perspective? Ashe's blade storm while nice doesn't allow for very precise targeting in groups.  Maybe we could give it the same treatment nekros's shadows got? where it goes to bring back the most powerful targets first.  so with trinities case it would try to link to the most powerful people near by first.  I'm not opposed to adding the healing back into the quick cast for blessing.  And move the knock down resist to the channeled version.

Without numbers it's hard to say exactly, but mechanically I do think it's an improvement over a lot of the other ideas I've seen about her recently (including in the last thread).

I do think a lot of die-hard Trinity fans would simply not like the changing of EV's basic mechanics, but it seems like your new idea is functionally very similar (in some ways improved in that you can keep your target around as long as you want/need potentially). Although I would suggest dropping the returning of the target back to full health if they don't die so she can still gradually damage higher level targets with it. It seems like you still want it to be dealing health based damage so it scales into high level content, which I think is an important aspect of it. Is it providing her enough energy to use blessing as frequently as she can now, or will she be forced into higher efficiency builds (assuming there aren't other changes to the games resource system that would allow more frequent baseline casting)? Maybe providing her with more energy than it provides others would be a good addition since the complaints people tend to have about her are how much energy she gives to others rather than to herself. 

This is kind of nitpicky but, I'm not sure why a lot of suggestions swap her heal and energy keys. Why not just leave EV/well where they are but change how they function?

Random idea: why not leave well of life named the way it is, but instead of requiring an enemy it just puts a... well of life out (sort of like a totem or in World of Warcraft a priest's old Lightwell ability) with similar functionality to what you're suggesting in terms of pulses of healing coming from it and providing a buff to reduce status duration. That way she could just place her well of life out strategically positioned and not have to worry about sticking it to a mob. The shooting of the well to provide extra pulses of healing could be neat as well (again reminding me of people having to click the lightwell in WoW to get the most out of it, at least until they added a glyph to make it passive and then completely removed it from the game).

Also, I of course love the idea of making Link a toggle. Regardless of if anything else is ever changed or not, that needs to happen!

1 hour ago, Borg1611 said:

Without numbers it's hard to say exactly, but mechanically I do think it's an improvement over a lot of the other ideas I've seen about her recently (including in the last thread).

I do think a lot of die-hard Trinity fans would simply not like the changing of EV's basic mechanics, but it seems like your new idea is functionally very similar (in some ways improved in that you can keep your target around as long as you want/need potentially). Although I would suggest dropping the returning of the target back to full health if they don't die so she can still gradually damage higher level targets with it. It seems like you still want it to be dealing health based damage so it scales into high level content, which I think is an important aspect of it. Is it providing her enough energy to use blessing as frequently as she can now, or will she be forced into higher efficiency builds (assuming there aren't other changes to the games resource system that would allow more frequent baseline casting)? Maybe providing her with more energy than it provides others would be a good addition since the complaints people tend to have about her are how much energy she gives to others rather than to herself. 

This is kind of nitpicky but, I'm not sure why a lot of suggestions swap her heal and energy keys. Why not just leave EV/well where they are but change how they function?

Random idea: why not leave well of life named the way it is, but instead of requiring an enemy it just puts a... well of life out (sort of like a totem or in World of Warcraft a priest's old Lightwell ability) with similar functionality to what you're suggesting in terms of pulses of healing coming from it and providing a buff to reduce status duration. That way she could just place her well of life out strategically positioned and not have to worry about sticking it to a mob. The shooting of the well to provide extra pulses of healing could be neat as well (again reminding me of people having to click the lightwell in WoW to get the most out of it, at least until they added a glyph to make it passive and then completely removed it from the game).

Also, I of course love the idea of making Link a toggle. Regardless of if anything else is ever changed or not, that needs to happen!

I'm not a numbers heavy guy.  So I can't give you exact values.  The general idea was with her new energy ability you'd have either a small trickle of energy with big splashes when people shot it.  Or it's pouring energy but shooting it doesn't give that much energy more.  Sort of the same idea with her new heal ability but with more/less frequent waves giving more or less health per wave.

Moving her energy ability to her first ability cheapens the cost to use since the first ability is typically always cheap.  and would ensure that even in dire situations she should with minimal energy be able to create a totem of energy to make sure her team has the energy to save her and themselves.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Moving her energy ability to her first ability cheapens the cost to use since the first ability is typically always cheap.  and would ensure that even in dire situations she should with minimal energy be able to create a totem of energy to make sure her team has the energy to save her and themselves.

Ah, energy cost wise I'd agree that making it cheaper would be nice if it's restoring less.

Many frames ignore the convention of 25-50-75-100 though or of having the higher number abilities cost more in general. For example, Harrow's 3 only costs 25 energy (+ whatever it drains), Equniox's ability costs are all over the place, Inaros' 4 is free to charge and has a smaller cost per cast than his other abilities (tied for 1), half of Nidus' abilities have no energy cost at all etc. 

I'd just keep the keys the same if for no other reason than it would be less of a change for long-time Trinity players. I don't think the numbering has to reflect the cost. 

5 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

Ah, energy cost wise I'd agree that making it cheaper would be nice if it's restoring less.

Many frames ignore the convention of 25-50-75-100 though or of having the higher number abilities cost more in general. For example, Harrow's 3 only costs 25 energy (+ whatever it drains), Equniox's ability costs are all over the place, Inaros' 4 is free to charge and has a smaller cost per cast than his other abilities (tied for 1), half of Nidus' abilities have no energy cost at all etc. 

I'd just keep the keys the same if for no other reason than it would be less of a change for long-time Trinity players. I don't think the numbering has to reflect the cost. 

That's true.  I'm more or less just making the suggestion to make the cost cheaper if the new EV or whatever it ends up being called ends up giving less energy post rework.

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Oh okay that makes more sense.  I was confused by the wording of your passive comment.  Apologies.  That's a fairly good point.  I'm never really thinking about that perspective since if there is usually a trinity in the squad it's usually me.  You should check the post after yours that gives a better visual suggestion than mine and tell me what you think.  If you're not into it that's all good.  As I said i'm not really stuck on any visuals I suggested.

Makes sense.  Though How would we set that up from a targeting perspective? Ashe's blade storm while nice doesn't allow for very precise targeting in groups.  Maybe we could give it the same treatment nekros's shadows got? where it goes to bring back the most powerful targets first.  so with trinities case it would try to link to the most powerful people near by first.  I'm not opposed to adding the healing back into the quick cast for blessing.  And move the knock down resist to the channeled version.

Reading my comment again I did exaplained it badly, my apolegies.

Link. Either choosing by yourself or it automaticly picks the strongest nearby is an improvement for my taste. I think that choosing makes the gameplay feel more active and give you more options in your hands.

Blessing: Once again, I might missed something or you understood what I said. I ment that the quick cast will give you a bit from everything, just enough to save someone's life, while charging it will increase the bonuses. There should be a limitation for the charge.

2 hours ago, CommanderSpawn said:

Reading my comment again I did exaplained it badly, my apolegies.

Link. Either choosing by yourself or it automaticly picks the strongest nearby is an improvement for my taste. I think that choosing makes the gameplay feel more active and give you more options in your hands.

Blessing: Once again, I might missed something or you understood what I said. I ment that the quick cast will give you a bit from everything, just enough to save someone's life, while charging it will increase the bonuses. There should be a limitation for the charge.

It's all good. Well I'm not sure how to do the targeting individually.  ashe's blade storm is the closest thing I can think of.  but it's not good at specific picking in groups. Nah I got you I was just switching stuff just cause.  and the charge was going to be 3 seconds.  So you either tap for quick cast or hold it for it to charge up for 3 seconds and then it auto goes off.