The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nick's art

Nicococo

Hello everyone! Im Nicolas and I've decided to try my hand at making some content for warframe. I downloaded some of the assets to see how they're built and see if I can work around them, so Im getting to know the warframe art style. I decided to make new textures and helmet for excalibur so Im testing out some ideas. I played warframe a long time but had to leave it because life gets busy at times :)

Anyways, here is my initial WIP of the excalibur idea. Im going for a "corrupt" skin type thing with metallic bits here and there. Feedback would be awesome because im just now getting back into this and Im a bit lost. Thanks for taking a look at this!

I've also included comparison shots to see that it doesn't look too much like the original.

moprlUt.png

MWhvdZh.png

cGTffQi.png

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

be interesting to see how your going to alter the head next

I have a vague idea of what i want to do but tbh im still struggling to see how im going to do certain areas of the body. I know the types of areas to alternate with... just finding it difficult to find the placement. I still need to figure out the blending of those areas, aswell. Its overwhelming at times lol.

10 hours ago, Nicococo said:

I have a vague idea of what i want to do but tbh im still struggling to see how im going to do certain areas of the body. I know the types of areas to alternate with... just finding it difficult to find the placement. I still need to figure out the blending of those areas, aswell. Its overwhelming at times lol.

you have good control of doing details and alters, and staying true to form 

you could think on emissive effects or placements of them along the body such that the glow brings out your texture details 

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

you have good control of doing details and alters, and staying true to form 

you could think on emissive effects or placements of them along the body such that the glow brings out your texture details 

Oh yeah I plan on adding in eye socket areas and the eyes will be the emissive parts. Ill add some on the torso a few in the helmet. Also, the metallic areas will some emissive lights.

good to see you nico;) slowly the playerstudio people will conquer yet another game :P

If I where you I would start with a unique helmet first instead of tackling an entire skin. its a good bitesize challenge and will make it more managable to deal with.

On 7/14/2017 at 6:27 PM, fredaven said:

good to see you nico;) slowly the playerstudio people will conquer yet another game :P

If I where you I would start with a unique helmet first instead of tackling an entire skin. its a good bitesize challenge and will make it more managable to deal with.

Haha yeah! Thats a good idea and I thought about doing that before and I think I will, seeing that ive taken on another project on the side so my time will be limited. I do want to keep this idea though. Ill build on it later on.

Edited by Nicococo
Grammatical errors.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Nicococo said:

So Ive been working on other projects but I was able to come up with a dynamesh  head concept for the base excalibur model. I'll have to see how this plays out.

MJp9thE.jpg

Looks cool.are you going to add gold metalic parts on body and helmets or what?? 😁👌 and not like on prisma that have litle gold I am for more gold detail...

Edited by Vlada91

3 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Looks cool.are you going to add gold metalic parts on body and helmets or what?? 😁👌 and not like on prisma that have litle gold I am for more gold detail...

Well Im just working on this helmet for now, which is just for the base excalibur model. I'll get back to the body I was working on later on. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently found out about the halloween themed assets and I thought about making just a helmet (because I dont have much time to work on this). I came up with these. What do you guys think? Do they fit the warframe world? I think the one with the teeth is a bit too much. The area in the back will be metallic with emissive bits here and there, the "horn" in the front will also have these characteristics. The top fleshy area will be like a brain and it'll have some blood dripping down the side and front of the head.

EX0Naff.jpg

YfAx0bY.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.08.2017 at 10:30 PM, Nicococo said:

I recently found out about the halloween themed assets and I thought about making just a helmet (because I dont have much time to work on this). I came up with these. What do you guys think? Do they fit the warframe world? I think the one with the teeth is a bit too much. The area in the back will be metallic with emissive bits here and there, the "horn" in the front will also have these characteristics. The top fleshy area will be like a brain and it'll have some blood dripping down the side and front of the head.

EX0Naff.jpg

YfAx0bY.jpg

The one with teeth will most likely not be accepted due to the rules.

2 hours ago, Novatico said:

Reminds me of nomus  from boku no hero academia. Neat.

Thanks!

On 8/25/2017 at 7:58 AM, Vlada91 said:

Are you going to finish this for round 10?

I'm trying to finish this for the Halloween assets.

Gonna have to hurry up on that, only 4 days counting today left to submit it in time :P

All in all, you really only gotta finish some small stuff on the sculpt then start baking the maps to work on tint masking, I'm sure you got more then enough time with what's left.

Edited by Novatico