Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

!!!Developer Appreciation Ideas!!!

(PSN)dsbjr247

Fellow Tenno,

I want to hear your ideas. We have an excellent free-to-play game. We have developers that obviously listen to the community. Let's do something to give back.... some of you may be thinking "shut up, just go buy the prime access"... but honestly that's not really an option for everyone. So heres a little idea to kill two birds with one stone...

I've been thinking of starting a crowd funding campaign. This will basically be a pool that players can donate too... and every 3 months when the new prime access drops... We empty it out, divide it up into groups of $49.99 and distribute that RANDOMLY among the pool of players who have donated...and perhaps to a number of players who can't afford it. Why not? We get to help our fellow tenno and If enough of us participate we could actually make some financial progress for our beloved Digital Extremes... bare with me as i do some math....200 players donating $10 a month to the pool (roughly $2.50 a week) ends up being $2000 in the pool each month. $2000 x 3 (prime access seems to drop every 3 months) is $6000 divide that by 50 ($49.99 rounded up a cent).... We would be providing 120 players with prime access packs... These are just estimations... and this is obviously voluntary. You could donate whatever you want to the pool. This is a free to play game... and this is only the suggestion of a creative way to consistently give back to the developers. There are some legal hurdles to these types of transactions but thats nothing we can't handle. (I've done something like this before but not on the scale I'm proposing now)

(We could perhaps do platinum packs instead of the prime access. Everyone who donates could get something....maybe we could just divide the $ equally among all who donated and subsidize the cost of the prime pack...  that would probably require some help from DE...)

I need ideas on how to make this feasible! I need ideas on how to make this transparent!!! I want people to see that their donations are actually going to what they think it is. I need ideas on how to incentivise participation. I don't want players to just rely on this and neglect actually grinding for prime parts. I don't want to take away $ some may use to buy plat. That's counterproductive.  I want this to actually happen. It will benefit everyone in the long run. Feedback? Comments? Trust me... the warframe player community would go down in history if we could pull this off. A player organized funding mechanic??? How EPIC would that be. I hope you will consider and contribute ideas. This idea is ours. Add to it. Criticize it.. hell...come up with something better... i dont always have good ideas...  i just wanna empower the community and do something to benefit these awesome developers.

D.Bell

The best way to repay the Devs is by playing the game, getting it's name out and making sure other players keep joining. YouTubers like Angry Joe and TotalBiscuit have already spread the word of DE. Let's just continue making sure their business grows, by introducing more people to the gem that is Warframe. And of course buying Prime Access.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

15 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

I don't think they would implement that and I would not like it if they did, because IMO that is borderline gambling with real money. And maybe it could even get them into legal trouble. 

This would be player implemented so legality is not an issue. The legality of crowd funding isn't an issue either. But yes, I can see how my first idea could be considered gambling. I guess we would nix my intial prime access pool plan... But developing a crowd funding pool to help subsidize the cost of prime access for some players is totally feasible. Warframers who do giveaways on twitch (and require subscriptions) are totally implementing this on a smaller scale... all I'm saying is let's do it bigger... It can totally work.

34 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I choose to appreciate DE by criticizing their design decision I find questionable and help them make a better game.

That's reasonable. However, I was thinking of something more community based ... Something bigger... the power of a player base United. Just to show some appreciation for their hard work. It doesn't have to be my idea but just something out of the ordinary. In my opinion, they are taking the game to another level. Why not take time to develop a good community response??? We could totally organize and make something happen as a community

Just now, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

Why not take time to develop a good community response??? 

You mean that everyone at Tennocon creaming their pants when DE revealed PoE and Umbra, praising DE in such a way that would even make Solaire of Astora reach for the chill pills, is not a good community response?

Joking aside, it seems just a little unnecessary when everyone is already repaying DE by making sure that new people play their game, thus bringing in more income and continuing to buy Prime Access and Prime Vault packs. Giving appreciation to someone doesn't solely mean giving them money.

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

The best way to repay the Devs is by playing the game, getting it's name out and making sure other players keep joining. YouTubers like Angry Joe and TotalBiscuit have already spread the word of DE. Let's just continue making sure their business grows, by introducing more people to the gem that is Warframe. And of course buying Prime Access.

Well I guess it's "the best way" to repay them so far. Its the best way that we can do it individually. What i'm talking about is developing a new best way. Something that perhaps has never been done before. Unite the community.... even if its just for a few days... I know there are many ways to support the developer already... but this is a United show of appreciation. Like I said, It doesn't have to be the idea I stated. Let's unite the players and do something special for the game. Make some waves ya know??? Show everybody how awesome this community is.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

Well I guess it's "the best way" to repay them so far. Its the best way that we can do it individually. What i'm talking about is developing a new best way.

But why? Like you said already we've got plenty of ways to repay the developer which we have been doing ever since the game came out. Why fix what isn't broken?

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

6 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

You mean that everyone at Tennocon creaming their pants when DE revealed PoE and Umbra, praising DE in such a way that would even make Solaire of Astora reach for the chill pills, is not a good community response?

Joking aside, it seems just a little unnecessary when everyone is already repaying DE by making sure that new people play their game, thus bringing in more income and continuing to buy Prime Access and Prime Vault packs. Giving appreciation to someone doesn't solely mean giving them money.

I don't want to come off as rude but you should probably go back and read the post. I never said money was the only thing. In fact I said "it doesn't have to be this idea". But this thread is for those of us who want to come together and do something big. I didn't go to tennocon. I didn't see cream lol.

2 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

But why? Like you said already we've got plenty of ways to repay the developer which we have been doing ever since the game came out. Why fix what isn't broken?

It's not a fix.. sometimes people just want to go the extra mile. I think it's a good time to come together as a community and simply find a different/bigger way to say THANK YOU. You shouldnt try to stop someone from showing love. You ask why... I ask why not.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

I don't want to come off as rude but you should probably go back and read the post. I never said money was the only thing. In fact I said "it doesn't have to be this idea". But this thread is for those of us who want to come together and do something big. I didn't go to tennocon. I didn't see cream lol.

I know what you said in the OP. Your idea is based on giving them money though and everyone else has already put forward the methods we're already using. As people have already said, the best way to repay DE is to keep spreading the image of Warframe and helping them develop the game by constructive criticism.

Just now, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

It's not a fix.. sometimes people just want to go the extra mile. I think it's a good time to come together as a community and simply find a different/bigger way to say THANK YOU. You shouldnt try to stop someone from showing love. You ask why... I ask why not.

i'm not trying to stop you from doing anything. Just questioning why.

I should clarify. I just want to gather the community and do something out of the ordinary. Its just a game... but it actually means a little bit more than that to me....so I wanna do a little bit more. You never know what moves people. As far as pooling $ together.... That's just what I know how to do. The devs set up tennocon and they work to give us a great game. Why not take some time to say Thanks. Even if we just make a big &#! ECARD and send it to them. I've decided to make it a priority I don't think anyone will talk me out of it lol. I say that with respect. If I come off as emo... oh well I guess lol.

25 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I know what you said in the OP. Your idea is based on giving them money though and everyone else has already put forward the methods we're already using. As people have already said, the best way to repay DE is to keep spreading the image of Warframe and helping them develop the game by constructive criticism.

i'm not trying to stop you from doing anything. Just questioning why.

I disagree. I don't think those are the best ways. I'm not saying to stop doing those things. I'm saying "why stop there".... think bigger. I know if 30,000 of us come together and brainstorm we could do more than what has already been done. Maybe, we could do something that has never been done..... We have forums and ways to communicate with each other. we have people who are ridiculously enthusiastic about warframe....why not use all that to show some love and maybe even take our COMMUNITY to the next level at the same time??? and why not do it now??? People would want to be a part of that. Maybe I'm being overzealous but I'm hoping there are a few other zealots out there too. Its all love

35 minutes ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

I disagree. I don't think those are the best ways. 

You don't think that making sure Warframe gets noticed by mainstream/hardcore/casual gamers alike, bringing in new players, thus increasing their income is not a good way of paying back DE....

37 minutes ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

Maybe, we could do something that has never been done..... We have forums and ways to communicate with each other. we have people who are ridiculously enthusiastic about warframe....why not use all that to show some love and maybe even take our COMMUNITY to the next level at the same time??? and why not do it now???

Next level? Something that has never been done? What....on earth are you on about?

40 minutes ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

maybe I'm being overzealous

Yes you are. There is such a thing as too much.

1 hour ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

I disagree. I don't think those are the best ways. I'm not saying to stop doing those things. I'm saying "why stop there".... think bigger. I know if 30,000 of us come together and brainstorm we could do more than what has already been done. Maybe, we could do something that has never been done..... We have forums and ways to communicate with each other. we have people who are ridiculously enthusiastic about warframe....why not use all that to show some love and maybe even take our COMMUNITY to the next level at the same time??? and why not do it now??? People would want to be a part of that. Maybe I'm being overzealous but I'm hoping there are a few other zealots out there too. Its all love

What else is there to do? It's like what thegodofwifi said- there's not much else we can do besides getting the games name out there to new people and for us to continue playing the game. I'm glad that you enjoy the game and all but you should chill a bit about this next level stuff. 

Also about your players helping other players thing- people already do that but they don't just buy other people a prime access. They help others farm out the new primes( I was helping my friends farm Silvia and aegis prime last night). 

If you want to give back to the community, help your friends who are new to the game or go in recruiting chat and help out random or new players. It really goes a long way.

2 hours ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

What else is there to do? It's like what thegodofwifi said- there's not much else we can do besides getting the games name out there to new people and for us to continue playing the game. I'm glad that you enjoy the game and all but you should chill a bit about this next level stuff. 

Also about your players helping other players thing- people already do that but they don't just buy other people a prime access. They help others farm out the new primes( I was helping my friends farm Silvia and aegis prime last night). 

If you want to give back to the community, help your friends who are new to the game or go in recruiting chat and help out random or new players. It really goes a long way.

Imagination goes a long way my friend. I know people help each other out in the game already. I swear im not deaf or blind. I help people in the game. Sometimes I need help....sometimes i can't find it. I tell people about the game all the time. I know it obviously helps... we could unite as a community and do that on a larger more efficient scale. Buying a prime access pack is more to help the development of the game... as it is a large source of income that helps them keep improving it... I fundraise man... that's what I do everyday. That's why MY idea involved raising fundS. Funds to DE mean faster improvements and, in turn, a better game. Its not an exotic idea in any way, shape or form. Its awesome to help new players farm for items... Imagine streamlining all these things we already do and making them more effective and CONSISTENT (KEYWORD) I want to give back to the community the way I know how... When large groups of people come together man the possibilities are endless. We are all here...why not take it further. I see no limits. I see horizons that can expand. Some people couldnt get to tennocon... shoot we could've gathered iN large cities near us and had huge streaming parties all over the world... in order to do that you have to do a little more than just play the game tho... We could do more than just criticize and preach to noobs. We could put our minds together and actually make waves. I'm not giving up on the idea of an act towards Developer Appreciation either. I do all the things you guys keep saying I should do. I want to do it bigger. Maybe I'm not being clear enough conveying my point.... Or maybe people just don't think creatively. Either way I'll keep trying. I promise you...  you give me 1k players who are forward thinkers and we will come up with an actual marketing plan to compliment what DE already does. Word of mouth is great.... but a communtiy coming together and showing out for a game they love... that might just make some local news channels. Playing a survival mission on a digital billboard in the middle of the city...thats epic S#&$...holding a monthly digital seminar for new players.... that's a CREATIVE way to help. I understand now that Its gonna take more than just posting a thread. People have to be willing. Thanks for the input. I will take my time and come up with some legit plans... I'll start a YouTube channel and a twitch channel to reach more folks. Its all love

4 hours ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

Imagination goes a long way my friend. I know people help each other out in the game already. I swear im not deaf or blind. I help people in the game. Sometimes I need help....sometimes i can't find it. I tell people about the game all the time. I know it obviously helps... we could unite as a community and do that on a larger more efficient scale. Buying a prime access pack is more to help the development of the game... as it is a large source of income that helps them keep improving it... I fundraise man... that's what I do everyday. That's why MY idea involved raising fundS. Funds to DE mean faster improvements and, in turn, a better game. Its not an exotic idea in any way, shape or form. Its awesome to help new players farm for items... Imagine streamlining all these things we already do and making them more effective and CONSISTENT (KEYWORD) I want to give back to the community the way I know how... When large groups of people come together man the possibilities are endless. We are all here...why not take it further. I see no limits. I see horizons that can expand. Some people couldnt get to tennocon... shoot we could've gathered iN large cities near us and had huge streaming parties all over the world... in order to do that you have to do a little more than just play the game tho... We could do more than just criticize and preach to noobs. We could put our minds together and actually make waves. I'm not giving up on the idea of an act towards Developer Appreciation either. I do all the things you guys keep saying I should do. I want to do it bigger. Maybe I'm not being clear enough conveying my point.... Or maybe people just don't think creatively. Either way I'll keep trying. I promise you...  you give me 1k players who are forward thinkers and we will come up with an actual marketing plan to compliment what DE already does. Word of mouth is great.... but a communtiy coming together and showing out for a game they love... that might just make some local news channels. Playing a survival mission on a digital billboard in the middle of the city...thats epic S#&$...holding a monthly digital seminar for new players.... that's a CREATIVE way to help. I understand now that Its gonna take more than just posting a thread. People have to be willing. Thanks for the input. I will take my time and come up with some legit plans... I'll start a YouTube channel and a twitch channel to reach more folks. Its all love

As much as I think enthusiasm is great, you have definitely gone overboard and appear just a little crazy.

I'm sorry to say but the regular news cares absolutely nothing for gaming. In fact it's the opposite, most TV news channels absolutely hate gaming and are always trying to say that video games are the biggest cause of violence.

You also talk of the community as if we are all bitterly divided and need something to bring us all together. The community is perfectly fine and already united by the fantastic game we play. Everyone in the community does their best to spread the word of Warframe and that is how it has always been, only now with the game growing bigger and bigger, more players are speaking of it. It's a snowball effect that will only get bigger over time. 

The community already supports and funds the game by buying Prime Access/platinum packs. We don't really need any sort of massive fundraiser as the playerbase grows each and every day, providing more income for DE. 

If you can manage to afford to hire a massive digital billboard in the middle of a busy city, then more power to you. But, and I really don't want to come across as rude, you just seem like you're way too over the top and are probaly not thinking straight. 

It seems that in your opinion, the community doesn't do enough for DE, when in fact we already do quite a lot. Maybe just reel yourself in a bit. 

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 5:14 PM, TheGodofWiFi said:

As much as I think enthusiasm is great, you have definitely gone overboard and appear just a little crazy.

I'm sorry to say but the regular news cares absolutely nothing for gaming. In fact it's the opposite, most TV news channels absolutely hate gaming and are always trying to say that video games are the biggest cause of violence.

You also talk of the community as if we are all bitterly divided and need something to bring us all together. The community is perfectly fine and already united by the fantastic game we play. Everyone in the community does their best to spread the word of Warframe and that is how it has always been, only now with the game growing bigger and bigger, more players are speaking of it. It's a snowball effect that will only get bigger over time. 

The community already supports and funds the game by buying Prime Access/platinum packs. We don't really need any sort of massive fundraiser as the playerbase grows each and every day, providing more income for DE. 

If you can manage to afford to hire a massive digital billboard in the middle of a busy city, then more power to you. But, and I really don't want to come across as rude, you just seem like you're way too over the top and are probaly not thinking straight. 

It seems that in your opinion, the community doesn't do enough for DE, when in fact we already do quite a lot. Maybe just reel yourself in a bit. 

I hear you. I may appear crazy. Tbh I'm on house arrest fresh out of the big house lol and the only thing I can do is play these free games. I ain't acclimated to calm just yet. Either 0 or 100 for me. Things are different for different people. I would just like to show appreciation. It's not a huge deal or a reason to judge. Just wanted some ideas on how to do something productive and out of the ordinary. It's not that crazy. It just means a little more to certain people. And of course... i feel like I want to have an active role In the games life. You never know exactly what someone's story is... Maybe I should reel myself in.. but this idea ain't super farfetched. I can rent billboards for cheap. I have connections to news channels. All of the things I've listed may not be doable for YOU... BUT THEY ARE MORE THAN REALISTIC FOR ME. Sorry my enthusiasm doesn't meet your standards. It is what it is. I hope to get some more ideas but if not... oh well

On July 13, 2017 at 4:50 AM, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

Fellow Tenno,

I want to hear your ideas. We have an excellent free-to-play game. We have developers that obviously listen to the community. Let's do something to give back.... some of you may be thinking "shut up, just go buy the prime access"... but honestly that's not really an option for everyone. So heres a little idea to kill two birds with one stone...

I've been thinking of starting a crowd funding campaign. This will basically be a pool that players can donate too... and every 3 months when the new prime access drops... We empty it out, divide it up into groups of $49.99 and distribute that RANDOMLY among the pool of players who have donated...and perhaps to a number of players who can't afford it. Why not? We get to help our fellow tenno and If enough of us participate we could actually make some financial progress for our beloved Digital Extremes... bare with me as i do some math....200 players donating $10 a month to the pool (roughly $2.50 a week) ends up being $2000 in the pool each month. $2000 x 3 (prime access seems to drop every 3 months) is $6000 divide that by 50 ($49.99 rounded up a cent).... We would be providing 120 players with prime access packs... These are just estimations... and this is obviously voluntary. You could donate whatever you want to the pool. This is a free to play game... and this is only the suggestion of a creative way to consistently give back to the developers. There are some legal hurdles to these types of transactions but thats nothing we can't handle. (I've done something like this before but not on the scale I'm proposing now)

(We could perhaps do platinum packs instead of the prime access. Everyone who donates could get something....maybe we could just divide the $ equally among all who donated and subsidize the cost of the prime pack...  that would probably require some help from DE...)

I need ideas on how to make this feasible! I need ideas on how to make this transparent!!! I want people to see that their donations are actually going to what they think it is. I need ideas on how to incentivise participation. I don't want players to just rely on this and neglect actually grinding for prime parts. I don't want to take away $ some may use to buy plat. That's counterproductive.  I want this to actually happen. It will benefit everyone in the long run. Feedback? Comments? Trust me... the warframe player community would go down in history if we could pull this off. A player organized funding mechanic??? How EPIC would that be. I hope you will consider and contribute ideas. This idea is ours. Add to it. Criticize it.. hell...come up with something better... i dont always have good ideas...  i just wanna empower the community and do something to benefit these awesome developers.

D.Bell

THIS ^^^ is like an MLM or Pyramid-Type scheme that you've tried to poorly dress as a "go fund...ME".

Play and pay what you can or what you think it's worth.

Earn it if you don't have it.

In conclusion:

1.  Support yourself with income.

2.  Support DE with said income.

3.  Play and contribute to the community in a positive way.

4.  Don't ask for other people's money.

That's my gut reaction.  Nice enthusiasm, though.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

13 hours ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

i feel like I want to have an active role In the games life. 

And you can do that perfectly well by just making sure your friends play the game. You don't need some outrageous project to feel like you're contributing.

13 hours ago, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

I can rent billboards for cheap. I have connections to news channels. All of the things I've listed may not be doable for YOU... BUT THEY ARE MORE THAN REALISTIC FOR ME. 

Then what is the point of this post at all? If you have everything ready then go do it.