Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Veteran Looking for Someone to Help

Fizzik

Question

Hey, how's it going? I'm an old player who stopped actively playing warframe around early-mid 2016. I saw the teaser for the new open world expansion which is suckering me back in, but I only have 1 problem, practically everything has changed. 

Is Draco still the best farming place? Is Valkyr still the best tank? Are Arcane helmets still around? Are the old awesome mods still awesome? These are just a few of my questions. 

I have a lot of questions about the new content changes. If someone wouldn't mind getting me back in the groove, it would be much appreciated. 

P.S: You don't need to go into the Riven mods, I already looked into those, they seem pretty neat. 

Edited by LeParadigm
Misspelled

12 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OmniDevil said:

1) Akkad or Hydroid are now the best XP Farms
2) While Valkyr can definitely face tank pretty well, she's not the top tank. I'd say it's a mix between Inaros and Rhino (I personally lean more towards Inaros)
3) They for sure are
4) Indeed

I also have Rhino prime. Did they change anything with him to make him viable again, because back in my day you wouldn't use him for anything higher than T3 because he didn't scale well. 

17 minutes ago, LeParadigm said:

I also have Rhino prime. Did they change anything with him to make him viable again, because back in my day you wouldn't use him for anything higher than T3 because he didn't scale well. 

I honestly couldn't say. As of right now, I've taken him into 1 hour survival void missions with very little trouble using either a Stomp or Iron Shrapnel build.

I just "love" people calling them self "veteran" in any game... what does this mean? That you are old? Or you maybe you are covered in scars? Many battles won? Just please call your self returning player... veteran is not the best word here, the game is only 4 years old and I'm here for plus/minus a year... does this mean I'm veteran too?

A1. Hydron, so far is the most efficient map to exp.

A2. Valkyr best tank? She never was the best tank. I would say Inaros/Nidus/Ice Chroma. Highest Armor =/= best tank.

A3. Yeah, Arcane helmets are still around... for people who have those... others need to buy them for plat. They can't be obtained other way.

A4. What mods exactly?

22 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

I just "love" people calling them self "veteran" in any game... what does this mean? That you are old? Or you maybe you are covered in scars? Many battles won? Just please call your self returning player... veteran is not the best word here, the game is only 4 years old and I'm here for plus/minus a year... does this mean I'm veteran too?

A1. Hydron, so far is the most efficient map to exp.

A2. Valkyr best tank? She never was the best tank. I would say Inaros/Nidus/Ice Chroma. Highest Armor =/= best tank.

A3. Yeah, Arcane helmets are still around... for people who have those... others need to buy them for plat. They can't be obtained other way.

A4. What mods exactly?

I apologize for giving you some context as to how long I've been gone/here. If it makes you feel better, I'll remove the information I provided to make it easier for you. 

5 hours ago, LeParadigm said:

Iron Skin wasn't viable but Rhino has always been viable. You just built him for Stomp or Roar instead.

These days most build him for Iron Skin + Roar. Nullifiers have diminished the value of relying on Stomp to stay alive and his Iron skin can get big.

Use Ironclad Charge + Iron Shrapnel and nothing but Power Strength with a touch of Duration.

Spoiler

aupdNXE.jpg

This is a standard IronClad build though you may want to look up the Focus system and slot Fleeting Expertise instead of Constitution until you can get Zenurik - Energy Overflow ranked up, This build will get around 30k Iron Skin from charging 4 enemies.

tVRmIoR.jpg

This is a more advanced version taking advantage of Health Conversion for long runs though it does not have room for an efficiency mod so it requires at least Zenurik. I use both Zenurik and Arcane Energize. When your Sentinel takes damage you will be able to pick up Health Orbs to proc it's effect and since he's nothing but Iron Skin; you will not lose the stacks unless you die.

bJ4Cjf3.jpg

This is the result of the Health Conversion build charging ~7 enemies. Which is the highest HP values possible outside stacking buffs in a group. The next closest eHP value is Nekros at 64,680 eHP/

Rhino can do around a 2h run Solo for most factions though he does have to work harder for it than some through managing his Iron Skin.

Also, Valkyr still is technically the best tank. They've tried to ruin her with nerfs but if you're determined you can slot Energize sets on her and still make her permanently Invulnerable otherwise she's mediocre and easy beaten by other frames. So for the average player, no she's not. I would say Wukong, Rhino, Nekros, Nidus and Trinity are the best tanks typically.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Iron Skin wasn't viable but Rhino has always been viable. You just built him for Stomp or Roar instead.

These days most build him for Iron Skin + Roar. Nullifiers have diminished the value of relying on Stomp to stay alive and his Iron skin can get big.

Use Ironclad Charge + Iron Shrapnel and nothing but Power Strength with a touch of Duration.

Hide contents

aupdNXE.jpg

This is a standard IronClad build though you may want to look up the Focus system and slot Fleeting Expertise instead of Constitution until you can get Zenurik - Energy Overflow ranked up, This build will get around 30k Iron Skin from charging 4 enemies.

tVRmIoR.jpg

This is a more advanced version taking advantage of Health Conversion for long runs though it does not have room for an efficiency mod so it requires at least Zenurik. I use both Zenurik and Arcane Energize. When your Sentinel takes damage you will be able to pick up Health Orbs to proc it's effect and since he's nothing but Iron Skin; you will not lose the stacks unless you die.

bJ4Cjf3.jpg

This is the result of the Health Conversion build charging ~7 enemies. Which is the highest HP values possible outside stacking buffs in a group. The next closest eHP value is Nekros at 64,680 eHP/

Rhino can do around a 2h run Solo for most factions though he does have to work harder for it than some through managing his Iron Skin.

Also, Valkyr still is technically the best tank. They've tried to ruin her with nerfs but if you're determined you can slot Energize sets on her and still make her permanently Invulnerable otherwise she's mediocre and easy beaten by other frames. So for the average player, no she's not. I would say Wukong, Rhino, Nekros, Nidus and Trinity are the best tanks typically.

What are Energize sets?

1 minute ago, LeParadigm said:

What are Energize sets?

Arcanes were supposed to replace the old Arcane Helmets idea.

You attach them to a helm or syandana (2 per frame though you can take them off at will and put them on others) .They give various effects. Energize has a 40% chance when you pick up an Energy Orb to grant 125 extra energy to you and nearby allies. It's the most sought after Arcane and so it's a bit expensive. Arcanes are more for something to do once you've caught up a bit though if you left with a heavy plat pocket you can always buy them from other players.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_Enhancement

You might have to look up a good amount of what I said but if you have questions on any of it; I'm sure I can help out.

Arcanes coming from the new Trials, which are basically 8-tenno MMO style raids with a lot of puzzle in between. 

You can run them by crafting a specific key from the market. They are repeatable, but only the first daily completion of each Trial rewards an Arcane. There are currently 3 Trials: the Law of Retribution (vs Vay Hek) andits Nightmare version (basically, just harder) and the Jordas Verdict (vs an Infested ship in space). 

If you want to get into those my suggestion is to get Discord and join the Raid School Bus channel. Best place to start from. 

To see exactly what each Arcane does i suggest going to the wiki though. The general rule is that a set is made up of 10 of the same Arcane and they all work on a % chance of something happening if a certain condition is met, IE Guardian has a chance to buff your total armour by 60% for 20s iirc each time you take direct damage (Iron Skin and similar abilities do not count). 

Edited by Autongnosis