Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Hey kiddo"

Pizzarugi

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it seems like it can happen multiple times. Had it happen after the quest completion, of course, but then yesterday:

Qny8yCC.png?1

Gotta say I am loving this feature, but just give it more lines, please.

Edited by KokoroWish

• 2 weeks later...

It's never fully explained but the kiddo expression has something to do with the story of how you became Tenno. I think it's either a hallucination from the PTS syndrome you have from killing your own parents, or the a manifestation of the void which gives you your power and speaks to you, as the corpus and orokin often speak of the void as though it were a livng being. I think these visions were what the second dream was suppose to control. And I think the new sun vs moon choices system will either have you view the visions as a demonic presence you can't escape or a friend that protects you in some sort of sinister symbiotic relationship (like venom from Spiderman).

Another thing that points to this symbiotic relationship is information from the nidus quest. Lotus wants the player to choose the fate of the little girl infused with infested because we have had a similar history. As far as I know, we Tenno are not infested (our warframes might be), so I'm thinking just like the girl is an innocent child with a symbiotic relationship with a cruel and violent race, so are we. But with the void instead.

I personally welcome this power, so long as we are both benefitting, even though it's a little creepy.

Edited by Rythiman

2 hours ago, Rythiman said:

It's never fully explained but the kiddo expression has something to do with the story of how you became Tenno. I think it's either a hallucination from the PTS syndrome you have from killing your own parents, or the a manifestation of the void which gives you your power and speaks to you, as the corpus and orokin often speak of the void as though it were a livng being. I think these visions were what the second dream was suppose to control. And I think the new sun vs moon choices system will either have you view the visions as a demonic presence you can't escape or a friend that protects you in some sort of sinister symbiotic relationship (like venom from Spiderman).

Another thing that points to this symbiotic relationship is information from the nidus quest. Lotus wants the player to choose the fate of the little girl infused with infested because we have had a similar history. As far as I know, we Tenno are not infested (our warframes might be), so I'm thinking just like the girl is an innocent child with a symbiotic relationship with a cruel and violent race, so are we. But with the void instead.

I personally welcome this power, so long as we are both benefitting, even though it's a little creepy.

I agree entirely. I would like to see where this is going though. I doubt that this is a glitch or just a little treat from Chains of Harrow, I think it's a teaser for another upcoming quest. (The Sacrifice maybe?) Either way, my ship is a little less lonely now. I have a Kubrow, a Sentinel, my Operator, and a Warframe. Plus my nice little Ayatan Sculpture collection. But other than that, another humanoid doesn't hurt.

"Hey kiddo..." 

"Did you forget?"

"You owe me..."

(Or it could be, "You're nothing without me", or "What took you so long?" based on your last choice from TWW. I chose to destroy the Kuva, so I got, "You owe me.")

On 7/14/2017 at 6:09 PM, Pizzarugi said:

Oh. A silhouette of my operator also appears? Darn, I missed out on maximum spook. :sadcry:

replay the quest to get it again. the spot where it appears is semi random but will persist as long as you look at it.

I literally had this happen to me! this "doppelganger" showed up at the cross section in front of the tenno chamber hanging upside down from a wire. as i ran past it, I thought it was just part of the ship, be instantly remembered not seeing it before, turned around and there she was just hanging there. as i got closer that's when i heard it say "Hey kiddo", sent chills down my spine! recorded it too,

• 3 weeks later...

more sightings once again! it seems to appear when im doing kuva missions...

my friend suggested that they may be appearing more often if the good and evil/karma thing on the profile page is good/evil more or less?

Uu3Mhmj.png

Mh9fU8Y.png

I completed Chains of Harrow 3 weeks ago and saw my Operator's doppelganger sitting on the market which freaked me out for a moment. Today i saw him a second time after I completed a mission.  

https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21728961_1466865826766940_1129851352476029826_o.jpg?oh=8006d3aa35e7af14e7b7ef5e40b06a13&oe=5A5D15A4

Edited by Comrade_Aleksandr

He appeared three times this week in my orbiter

Two times on tuesday directly after two missions and on time yesterday on thursday, but didn't see him the third time.

But the most important thing are his phrases. 

Maybe you remember this scene from TWW (if you don't just watch it again on Youtube):

At the end of TWW the operator and Teshin are on the mountain and you have to make the decision if you want to control, destroy or use the Kuva from the scepter.

During this scene there is a scene when the operator's eyes turn black like the background and somebody says something like "Hey Kiddo, you owe me something, don't forget"

It's the same like the operator's doppelganger says, when he appears.

And if I'm right, Ordis said something about a beast in the Void, so maybe somebody can tell me, if he meant Rell or probably even an unkwon beast?