Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike vs crit on slide attack on riven

babywrath

Question

Is it the same mechanics? 

I've checked out warframe builder but the mechanics for the riven version of crit on slide attack has not been implemented yet. Maiming strike seems to stack multiplicatively with bloodrush on warframe builder and I would like to ask if it works the same way on rivens.

Im currently considering dropping 500p for a gliave riven with slide attack 142.9% or just buying maiming strike instead. Any help and insight would be great. thanks. 

13 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Well Rivens are simply a mash up of normal mods moatly, so if you know the normal funciton of a mod it is the same on that riven also then.

Just making double sure since I have no means of testing it and litterally all the plat I have is on the line. Thanks though

12 minutes ago, babywrath said:

Yey!! Imma go buy it then. Thanks people!!

yes its silly, and if ur weapon has at least 10% crit chance u can legit go easy 200% crit chance on most weapons on slide. that being said u need to support this with base dmg so the best would be not using true steel since with such a riven +maiming u dont go for the typical crit builds anyway and naramon gives +additional crit chance anyway so the +60% chance is kind of a wasted mod slot for the most part...and many high dispo weapons have bad base crit chance like lacera or kesheg. but as others said...its essentially the same and stacks with maiming strike. enjoy the melee only runs. btw did i mention naramon .....?

Edited by Xydeth

2 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

yes its silly, and if ur weapon has at least 10% crit chance u can legit go easy 200% crit chance on most weapons on slide. that being said u need to support this with base dmg so the best would be not using true steel since with such a riven +maiming u dont go for the typical crit builds anyway and naramon gives +additional crit chance anyway so the +60% chance is kind of a wasted mod slot for the most part...and many high dispo weapons have bad base crit chance like lacera or kesheg. but as others said...its essentially the same and stacks with maiming strike. enjoy the melee only runs. btw did i mention naramon .....?

This is the exact build im using on the Glaive Prime. 

https://goo.gl/8FUd3w

I'm only using it for quick and normal melee strikes with no plan whatsoever to throw it cuz i cant hit #$%#@ with it. Kinda sad I cant throw in life strike or healing return but oh well. Its more for fashion frame anyway.

The slide crit stat on Rivens is the same as maiming strike mod and they even sum together creating massive damage due to high crit levels (i used to think that crit chance is capped at 200% but appearantly it's not. There's a damage increase every 100% crit) . 

12 hours ago, Xydeth said:

Eh, you can put Maiming + Riven on a weapon with 0% chance to crit chance and ramp up to 1000% crit easy with Blood Rush.

I imagine either the nerf is coming for that interaction or DE has no idea what they're doing. 

Esp when it's very much known that players just Macro slide and run around holding the key like they have a dent in their skull.

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Eh, you can put Maiming + Riven on a weapon with 0% chance to crit chance and ramp up to 1000% crit easy with Blood Rush.

I imagine either the nerf is coming for that interaction or DE has no idea what they're doing. 

Esp when it's very much known that players just Macro slide and run around holding the key like they have a dent in their skull.

finally time to nerf bloodrush bodycount....and im not joking. i genuinely find it a gamebreaking combination. even more than simulor mirage combo before the nerf...same goes for tonkor pre nerf. it should at least have a hard cap.

still, the problem with ur build example is scaling. yes of course u can put 5 mods to achieve that if u include organ shatter for the multiplier. but that leaves u with only 4 other slots which are reserved for ppp, beserker and maybe/prolly primed reach. that leaves one slot open. yes of course sooner or later even with that joke of a base damage u will dish out the pain. it doesnt scale very well though because crit multiplier still is based off of base dmg due to the nature of multiplication. the higher each stat the better but one alone being exceptionally high isnt as effective as having both lower but still very high. i agree with u, it is silly though since bloodrush has no hard cap, but there are other things in the game which are silly too. we will see what DE decides to do but from my point of view and logic it makes more sense giving bloodrush a hardcap for the crit chance. rivens have enabled some sweet combinations since release and taking away the maiming + riven combo doesnt make as much sense as limiting bloodrush. bloodrush will be broken even if they nerf the maiming + riven combo which in itself is by far not as silly. strong yes, but not as silly...not even in the slightest. its nearly exclusively bloodrush.

also agree on macros. annoying as hell and usually i leave when someone doesnt have a limit for himself and spams the living S#&$ out of teammates more than out of enemies. that would be solved though if they make this less attractive by nerfing/hard capping bloodrush. getting a good slide crit riven for ur melee u want one for is not as easy as getting bloodrush/bodycount and by far not as effective. would actually solve 2 issues with 1 nerf. and before bloodyrush/bodycount melee was strong and ppl ran melee only missions so imo its not essential. it spoiled ppl because its pretty easy running this combo + naramon. the enemy has literally nothing to fight you and even though naramon on melee is known to be strong this is on a whole different level.

greetings